Thread: INFps planning and scheduling??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFps planning and scheduling??

I was pretty sure that these two people I knew were INFp then i realized one day that they organize, plan and schedule everything. It's possible they are ENFj and if they aren't, what type might they be? Can they still be INFp?
    INFP

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, I have these little pre-printed daily/weekly planners - four of them actually (one for social events, one for school, one for work, one for doctors/dentists/whatever appointments). Also, every three months in my journal I plan out long-term goals (breaking them down into step, which I then write in one of my planner books) and things that I want to incorperate into my life. I got this idea from a class I took once where the teacher made us write out goal every two weeks. My friends all think I'm crazy but it just helps me stay on top of things because I tend to easily get distracted in my own little world.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFps planning and scheduling??

Quote Originally Posted by nerv_damage
    I was pretty sure that these two people I knew were INFp then i realized one day that they organize, plan and schedule everything. It's possible they are ENFj and if they aren't, what type might they be? Can they still be INFp?
    Yes, they can be INFp and also planners.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a similar question about an ISFp doing the same thing. Could they be ISFp? I think it's primarily a dynamic thing, even Si.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think when you're looking at behaviors related to planning and scheduling, and trying to generalize about whether they're type-related and how, one of the first things to do is to see how the person acts when not required to act a certain way for a job, or something like that.

Naturally, any type can be organized...any type...if required.

But if a person plans and schedules things all weekend, or during extended holidays, that says a bit more about the personality.

Another thing is to look at what the person relies on to stay organized. Different types might approach organization differently.

I'll speculate that perhaps INFps invoke a sort of "narrative" quality, like a story, to keep things under control. Perhaps they may talk out loud to emphasize their Fe function.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an ISFp can schedules their own activity to get pleasure (cooking, then exercise, then play some videogame, etc) I guess