Thread: SLIs-ISTps liking fantasy and mystical stuff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLIs-ISTps liking fantasy and mystical stuff

I have seen in an ISTp profile description somewhere that ISTp's sometimes like fantasy stuff, like dragons, unicorns, wizards, faries, mystical buildings etc etc Do any ISTp's on here identify with that?
    Its just im into that stuff big, I like artwork, figurines etc and my house is like a dreamworld lol, those things are just soo aesthetic, beautiful and atmospheric. I have met an ISTp in real life but he wasnt into that stuff at all, is this an ISTp thing or not? Anyone else into it?
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an INTj thats into that stuff a lot. Artists like Luis Royo etc. Hes also got fantasy posters and dragon figurines in his house etc. Hes the type of guy that would wear a dragon on his shirt and not care how cool he looked lol.

I haven't met any ISTp's who have shown any interest in that though but that doesn't mean anything.

I quite like Fantasy and SciFi. Used to play Dungeons and dragons and cyberpunk back in the day was great
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had a thought, I think im probably Si subtype, maybe thats something to do with it.
    Friendly ISTp
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband likes to watch and read some sci-fi/fantasy type stuff but that's it. That might be because he usually reads what I read when I'm done though. He does like it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it make some sence, cause ENFps are faeries, and etc. ENFps are fantasy by themselves, so ISTp being attracted to all fnatasy like stuff - sound very reasonable to me. ISPs need fantasy cause it their dual
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorc
    i think it make some sence, cause ENFps are faeries, and etc. ENFps are fantasy by themselves, so ISTp being attracted to all fnatasy like stuff - sound very reasonable to me. ISPs need fantasy cause it their dual
    haha. You calling me a faerie?

Nah i take that as a compliment Sorc :wink:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    haha. You calling me a faerie?

Nah i take that as a compliment Sorc :wink:

*imagines meatburger in a faerie suit* HAWT!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fantasy stuff and ISTp's

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    I have seen in an ISTp profile description somewhere that ISTp's sometimes like fantasy stuff, like dragons, unicorns, wizards, faries, mystical buildings etc etc Do any ISTp's on here identify with that?
    Its just im into that stuff big, I like artwork, figurines etc and my house is like a dreamworld lol, those things are just soo aesthetic, beautiful and atmospheric. I have met an ISTp in real life but he wasnt into that stuff at all, is this an ISTp thing or not? Anyone else into it?
    A friend in real life I think to be ISTp really digs Morrowind and Oblivion on PC; that could conceivably fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are ISTps ones to enjoy anime?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    A friend in real life I think to be ISTp really digs Morrowind and Oblivion on PC; that could conceivably fit.
    I playing Morrowind & Oblivion too btw, as was said we are most similar of all confiltorz, but all stuff like that is aviable for all and its good enough to entertain all types i think

PS: i like fast characters with destruction spells hight acrobatics and blades and sneak (Dunmer as favorite race)
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say i've ever had much of an interest in wizards, unicorns and fairies and alll that but I do have a very heavy interest in psychics and the paranormal and things along that line. Definetly not big on anime.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: i like fast characters with destruction spells hight acrobatics and blades and sneak (Dunmer as favorite race)
    I like the Bosmer. Want to try playing as Khajiit or Argonian too. Last time I played, I forget which race I went with but I focused on Hand-to-Hand and Unarmored. That made the game much, much more exciting. :wink:

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sentineneve
    I'm fairly certain I am not an ISTp, but I've liked the fantasy/sci-fi stuff since I was a kid.

The closer to "real" it gets, the less I treat it like entertainment. That's probably why I never got into Oblivion. I couldn't treat it as entertainment. I kept thinking I could be working on myself as my "character" instead of my game character. Running skill 3 in game? I'd rather have running skill 3 in real life. That doesn't rule out more fantasy/sci-fi based games. I can treat those as entertainment. However, a game that tries that hard to match reality(excluding magic) just doesn't work for me.

I would think the XNXx's would like the fantasy/sci-fi stuff more than other types.
    What's your type? Or you haven't decided?

Anyway, I get tired of RPGs too quickly. Can never last playing the whole game.

RTS and FPS games preferred.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, therefore I am a LII!

I'm pretty omni-gamerous. FPS, RTS, whatever, I can play them all. I'm not so hot at console shooting games though.

Some RPG's I can play the whole way through. Others I can not. It really depends on the game. I'm really fond of the completely wacky but thinking games, like Disgaea.
    umm. Are you male or female?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not big on anime, I think I like 2 anime's out of all of them out there.

And while I do like certain science fiction books/authors (Stephen King's Gunslinger, R.A. Salvatore), it's not THAT big of an interest for me.

As for video games, well, I thought Oblivion was a blast, and Neverwinter Nights 2 is turning out to be pretty damn fun, but the fun from me derives more from what I can get the character to do and master (skills), rather than story or crafting or anything like that.

EDIT: Oh, and RTS games (ie, Starcraft) are some of my absolute favorite, still play them every once in awhile today. Not big anymore on the Console (Japanese)) RPGS. The storys tend to be similar, the character's dry or stereotypical, and worse of all, they often force me to sit through 10-20 minutes of story every 15 minutes of gameplay.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    Definitely not big on anime, I think I like 2 anime's out of all of them out there.

And while I do like certain science fiction books/authors (Stephen King's Gunslinger, R.A. Salvatore), it's not THAT big of an interest for me.

As for video games, well, I thought Oblivion was a blast, and Neverwinter Nights 2 is turning out to be pretty damn fun, but the fun from me derives more from what I can get the character to do and master (skills), rather than story or crafting or anything like that.
    I enjoyed Neverwinter Nights 2.
    But I didn't complete it. Got tired of it after awhile.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Cause I couldn't tell if you were male or female?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no such thing as a female gamer on the internet ^_~.
    I'm a female gamer.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    There is no such thing as a female gamer on the internet ^_~.
    I'm a female gamer.
    BOOM! Damn, I can feel the awkwardness now.

I had to restart my nwn2 game after chapter1 because I felt my character wasn't panning out the way I had hoped. I hate that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen the appeal of anime, but I've devoured a lot of 'epic fantasy' - WoT, Song of Fire & Ice, Hobb's Tawny Man, Saga of Recluse, Sara Douglass, Steven Erikson & shit like that. I also enjoy what is probably considered the more 'lit' side of things with authors like Neil Gaiman and Chuck Palahniuk.

Despite being an atheist, movies that have some sort of a religious/mythological/demonical/heroic theme are a great attraction. i.e. Constantine, Apocalypto, Kingdom of Heaven.

I love Grim Fandango, an adventure game dating back to 1998 about the Mexican underworld.

I've read a lot of Joseph Campbell and his ideas on mythology.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay!

I like RA Salvatore and my INTj friend told me Song of Ice and Fire is like the best series ever. I was just playing Oblivion and it was ok. The most fun i had was being the Dark brotherhood and murdering people (i thought it wouldn't be me but it was).

I love Anime! Naruto and Bleach, Fate Stay Night, Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo they are epic!
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sci-fi and fantasy are usually lumped together, but im not into sci-fi at all, its just the fantasy thing I like. Fantasy films like pan's labrinth or never ending story are good, I dont know much about games, I sometimes play them when im bored though. I have seen oblivion, a friend showed it to me, and its actually a nice example, I really like the environments, the little towns with the trees blowing in the wind and bridges over little running streams, thats about all I know about it though, I dont know about the other ones that have been mentioned.

Im not into anime, but then iv'e never tried to watch it, so I cant say I dont like it, just I dont watch it.

I recently bought some note pads, but the covers are made of slate and there are dragons carved into them, awesome, 100 times better than just a normal boring notepad! Maybe this is just my girly side but I like flowers in the house as well. All the fantasy stuff screams Si to me, or at least thats the aspect of it that I concentrate on. I just wish I was good at drawing so I could make some stuff of my own, hello god...please make me good at drawing *looking up hands together*
    Friendly ISTp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed pan's labyrinth.

All my dreams are very fantasy & sci-fi like, and I dream every night. So, I feel like I'm watching movies every night. Fun.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I barely ever remember my dreams. Only time i remember them is if i wake up at normal time and then force myself to sleep longer.

I used to try to Lucid Dream and at that time i was remembering up to 2 dreams a night.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have really crazy dreams just about every single night. Not sure if it's the sleeping pills i'm taking. I'm tripping on Melatonin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I have really crazy dreams just about every single night. Not sure if it's the sleeping pills i'm taking. I'm tripping on Melatonin
    I know I get nightmares when I eat right before I go to bed. Trippy stuff.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wake up quickly you wont remember your dreams very well, but if you wake up and just lye there sleeping, waking ,sleeping ,waking, waking up slowly you will remember your dreams much better. I find lucid dreams quite fascinating, I have never had one but might try to have them at some point, it sounds like it would be a great experience.
    Friendly ISTp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lucid dreams are cool. We use to have a user on this messageboard who strongly advocated them in his forum moniker. I don't know about all of that stuff--'making' lucid dreams happen. they just will. I haven't known a lot of ISTps into fantasy stuff, but given that fantasy arts and entertainment are growing very rapidly in our times(mmorpgs, matrix, harry potter, comic book stuff...) there should definitely be an increase in ISTp partakers(along with all other types).
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-25-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    lucid dreams are cool. We use to have a user on this messageboard who strongly advocated them in his forum moniker. I don't know about all of that stuff--'making' lucid dreams happen. they just will. I haven't known a lot of ISTps into fantasy stuff, but given that fantasy arts and entertainment are growing very rapidly in our times(mmorpgs, matrix, harry potter, comic book stuff...) there should definitely be an increase in ISTp partakers(along with all other types).
    Nah man thats the whole thing you CAN make lucid dreams happen. The idea is apparently in a dream if you look at some writing or a clock or something like that, and look back again it will always be different. So what you do is you do a number of reality checks when your awake. You look at your watch and its 4:15, so you look back again at it and its 4:15. Look at the give way sign and then make sure it still says give way. The idea is that these reality checks carry into your dreaming. I know that sounds stupid but strangely i actually believe it. The closest i got was i looked at a sign in my dream, did a reality check(in my dream) and went OH SHIT im dreaming. I was so excited i woke up though I also kept a dream journal. Unbelievable how much you remember when your paying attention to them.

As with everything i got bored of it after a little while tho. You can even buy some goggles called the nova dreamer that flash just enoguh to make you lucid but not enough to totally wake up. I dunno about them though probablly bullshit

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to be able to lucid dream. I think I've only done it once in my entire life, and it was amazing. Unfortunately my sleep schedule is all out of whack, which makes it difficult.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Nah man thats the whole thing you CAN make lucid dreams happen. The idea is apparently in a dream if you look at some writing or a clock or something like that, and look back again it will always be different. So what you do is you do a number of reality checks when your awake. You look at your watch and its 4:15, so you look back again at it and its 4:15. Look at the give way sign and then make sure it still says give way. The idea is that these reality checks carry into your dreaming. I know that sounds stupid but strangely i actually believe it. The closest i got was i looked at a sign in my dream, did a reality check(in my dream) and went OH SHIT im dreaming. I was so excited i woke up though I also kept a dream journal. Unbelievable how much you remember when your paying attention to them.

As with everything i got bored of it after a little while tho. You can even buy some goggles called the nova dreamer that flash just enoguh to make you lucid but not enough to totally wake up. I dunno about them though probablly bullshit
    Thats what iv'e read as well, reality checks can make you have lucid dreams because they force you to recognise something is wrong, and then you realise you must be dreaming because it dosent make sense. Also you can wake up in the night, drink lots of water and go back to bed, if you associate needing a wee with checking if your dreaming, then in your sleep doing this you will feel you need a wee sometimes, and then you will check if your dreaming and become lucid.

Iv'e never tried doing any of this because of the effort required, but it would be cool to try sometime.
    Friendly ISTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a lot of ISTps are really into fantasy/etc., that could be the source of a LOT of S/N mistypings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    If a lot of ISTps are really into fantasy/etc., that could be the source of a LOT of S/N mistypings.
    How come?

RE: Lucid dreaming, I was into that a lot actually about ten years ago (kind of as a youngun). I actually attained lucidity three times (that I kept track of), but none of the three times was I able to stay asleep after realizing it. Apparently I'm used to coming to the point in dreams where I go, "...Is this a dream?" and then waking up. It feels weird when you're in that state too, because you're kind of conscious of waking up - the best way I can think of to describe it is like you're pulling your head up back into the real world. Emphasis on "up," there's a definite rising sensation when that happens, at least for me.

I pity your souls