Thread: hi, INTj here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hi, INTj here

Good day people, my fren had sent me the link of some Jung's topology test and the results stated that im an INTj. Months have passed and when I retook the same test again it is clearly stated that im still an INTj. But I have questions in mind: "Is INTj a good type?", "What do I benefit after taking the test?" I read a wikipedia article on INTj and it somehow accurately mentioned the details of my life since young until today. This personality stuff has aroused my interests and I hope I can learn more about my type, and also the other 15 types, and other theories and methodlogies which will enrich myself here. Nice to meet you people.
    INTJ
    left-handed
    goal: 'What talents do I hold' and 'Am I gifted'

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. There are no good or bad types essentially. But you may find certain intertype relations more smooth than others. One of socioincs' main aspects is how people of different psychological types interact amongst each other. People lately have been suggesting Rick's site:

http://socionics.us/intro.shtml

as a good place to start. Socionics is not the same theory as MBTI - keep that in mind. Socionics is a very useful tool, if you are willing to put in the time and effort to harness the understanding it can provide you. Hopefully you will stick around, there are many interesting and good people on this forum.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you very much, UDP, for giving me a headstart to start learning. But isn't Socionics just some social role given to INFJs by Keirsey? And what is MBTI? My mind is only a plain of white paper =|
    INTJ
    left-handed

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by janue
    But isn't Socionics just some social role given to INFJs by Keirsey? And what is MBTI? My mind is only a plain of white paper =|
    ?

If you do not know what MBTI is, do not bother looking into it. People often try to cross over the two theories. If you want to learn socionics, just learn socionics right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Socionics (Russian: соционика) is a model of personality based on Carl Jung's work on Psychological Types, Freud's theory of the conscious and subconscious, and Antoni Kępiński's theory of information metabolism. It was founded mainly by the Lithuanian researcher Aušra Augustinavičiūtė in the 1970s and is evolving rapidly. The name socionics comes from the word society, since Augustinavičiūtė believed that each type of personality has a special social role, which can be specified and explained by socionics.[1]

Socionics is based upon the idea that a person's character acts like a set of blocks called "psychological functions". Different ways of combining and chaining these functions result in different ways of accepting and producing information, which in turn results in different behavior patterns and thus different character types. Socionics also includes an intertype relations theory, based on the interaction of these functions between different character types.

The institute of Socionics - International Institute of Socionics (IIS) - was founded in 1991 in Kiev, Ukraine. The director is Dr. Alexander Boukalov.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by janue
    thank you very much, UDP, for giving me a headstart to start learning. But isn't Socionics just some social role given to INFJs by Keirsey? And what is MBTI? My mind is only a plain of white paper =|
    Huh? Socionics and Kiersey's theory is very different.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I am very bad at expressing my views >.<

And oh I misread the wikipedia article on INFJs when I thought that they are Socionics instead of Counsellors
    INTJ
    left-handed

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics takes a lot of time to getting used to, many forms of terminology, referring to somewhat abstract things. Like I said, it will take time, but it is worth it. So do not be concerned with early troubles. Many of us here today still debate lots of things, but it is interesting because of such. There are many different viewpoints here, as well as levels of understanding. Ultimately, like any good art or school, what you put into it will be what you get out of it.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the unique elements of Socionics is that it explains the relationships between the types.

With it you could find your ultimate soulmate. In your case an ESE, and there are plenty of them.