Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

I've never seen a more LII show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, while we're at it, what types do you think the characters are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    are you saying most of the super hero are INTJ's. wow.

let me name a few:
    the Hulk,
    Wolferine,
    Picard,
    superman
    Rambo
    Rocky
    Spiderman

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean; most of the episodes are about abstract discussion of some philosophical issue or another. I liked the first season, but the second season had too much discussion and not enough plot/action.

I guess the Major could be INTj; I've always thought of her as ESTj, though. Definitely Tj, at any rate.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motoko: INTj.
    Batau: ESFj.

Not sure about the rest.

The series philosophy is quintessential INTj.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_i...8philosophy%29

If there is any INTj who does not agree with this, I believe a strong case could be made that they are self-delusional. The philosophy is quintessential with accompanying . ("connections underlie all structure")

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I see what you mean; most of the episodes are about abstract discussion of some philosophical issue or another. I liked the first season, but the second season had too much discussion and not enough plot/action.

I guess the Major could be INTj; I've always thought of her as ESTj, though. Definitely Tj, at any rate.
    I honestly doubt that she is INTj. The only characters which I would think be considered in the list for possible INTjs are Chief Aramaki, Togusa, or Ishikawa. Of which, Ishikawa is the most likely one.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's , that's a definite. She VIs as an INTj... remember INTjs, like all types, are a diverse bunch.

You probably wouldn't think this girl an INTj, either.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

I honestly doubt that she is INTj. The only characters which I would think be considered in the list for possible INTjs are Chief Aramaki, Togusa, or Ishikawa. Of which, Ishikawa is the most likely one.
    What type do you think she is?

I think the chief is probably ENTp.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major Motoko Kusanagi is ISFp-S in my opinion :>.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen
    Why ISFp?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

What type do you think she is?

I think the chief is probably ENTp.
    I am not sure what type she is, though like you, I do see her as a very rational type of some variety with a leading logical function: INTj, ISTj, ENTj, ESTj. But the question is which is her preferred logical function: Te or Ti? And I do not logically believe that just because the show is that it must logically follow that the protagonist must also be an too.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logos: think about it, if the protagonist is an INTj, then wouldn't the world they experience have to be an INTj world also for them to feel confident in their ability to understand and to change it? The reverse is true, also: an INTj world needs an INTj protagonist that understands its condition to work toward its improvement.

Motoko avoids eye contact too easily to be an extrovert. Her experience is... intuitive. Her is an instinct: she navigates the structure of cyberspace by means of "innate abilities". Finally, notice the parallelisms of thought between the characters: even if they are not cybernetically linked, they seem to pick up on each other's conclusions by drawing similar conclusions given awareness of the same situations. Most shows don't show that, the moments they choose to do this or that relative to the timing of other's choices. Their thoughts seem to be flowing totally in parallel, exactly like what I discussed in my primer thread.

That's definitely a -base world, ideosyncratic to the hilt.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen
    Why ISFp?
    Angelina Jolie resembles her in form.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logos: think about it, if the protagonist is an INTj, then wouldn't the world they experience have to be an INTj world also for them to feel confident in their ability to understand and to change it? The reverse is true, also: an INTj world needs an INTj protagonist that understands its condition to work toward its improvement.
    Not necessarily, as it is not uncommon for literary authors to place what would amount to be a X Quadra character living in a Y Quadra world which either leads to the character's destruction, alienation, or redemption. And while the character may be of Quadra X, the author may actually be in support of either this fictional Y or Z Quadra. For example, Dune has been described by some boarders as a Gamma-sort of book, but the protagonist - Paul Muad'Dib - is actually an INTj.

Motoko avoids eye contact too easily to be an extrovert. Her experience is... intuitive. Her is an instinct: she navigates the structure of cyberspace by means of "innate abilities". Finally, notice the parallelisms of thought between the characters: even if they are not cybernetically linked, they seem to pick up on each other's conclusions by drawing similar conclusions given awareness of the same situations. Most shows don't show that, the moments they choose to do this or that relative to the timing of other's choices. Their thoughts seem to be flowing totally in parallel, exactly like what I discussed in my primer thread.
    Just to let you know, I could easily see the fellow Gamma NTs reading that and actually saying, "That sounds like to me."

That's definitely a -base world, ideosyncratic to the hilt.
    I agree about the world, but not necessarily the characters therein.
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen, if you think is anything more than the observation of sequential progressions, then you have mistaken for something else.

I wasn't discussing the topic of exertion, which determines what the character of one's world seems to be. When considering the type of the world, I was considering the ease of its environment to analysis by a given type. Ghost in the Shell's world where everything is an artificed construct is ideal for study by dominants. Understand the structure, and you can do anything. The character of the world's energy is a different matter. Notice that the kinds of things talked about in the world are interrelationships between different peoples, the domain of . Her exertion type is either ESI or LSI, and I'm betting on LSI.

On the other hand, we have an LII-LSI here, so why not ask her? Oyburger, what's your take?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen, if you think is anything more than the observation of sequential progressions, then you have mistaken for something else.
    I do not necessarily think that about Ni, but I do recognize that there are elements of what you wrote which would appeal and be identifiable to dominants. And I do not appreciate your condescension you have towards anyone with a contrary opinion from yours.

I wasn't discussing the topic of exertion, which determines what the character of one's world seems to be. When considering the type of the world, I was considering the ease of its environment to analysis by a given type. Ghost in the Shell's world where everything is an artificed construct is ideal for study by dominants. Understand the structure, and you can do anything. The character of the world's energy is a different matter. Notice that the kinds of things talked about in the world are interrelationships between different peoples, the domain of . Her exertion type is either ESI or LSI, and I'm betting on LSI.
    That's fine, I was not talking about exertion type for either the world or the characters, so we do not have to bring that into the conversation.

On the other hand, we have an LII-LSI here, so why not ask her? Oyburger, what's your take?
    Just because we have Mr. Tortoise and Mr. Owl here, does not mean that they are the best people to ask about how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop without them biting. :wink:

I would recommend putting this on the What's My Type thread rather than Alpha as while anyone can visit the Alpha Sub-Forum you would get a greater chance of obtaining contrary opinions on the What's My Type forum from types of the other three Quadras.
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not necessarily think that about Ni, but I do recognize that there are elements of what you wrote which would appeal and be identifiable to dominants. And I do not appreciate your condescension you have towards anyone with a contrary opinion from yours.
    And do you think I care? Not at all, I don't care one whit what you care about my "opinion". I use "opinion" very irregularly. I always attempt to back up "opinion" with facts. In fact, what you might call "opinion" as regards myself, is usually intuition.

...I'm not the kind of person to let another person strike me out. Unless you are prepared to PROVE me wrong, then stop your incessant babble. You've met your match and then some, "friend".

Question: why do you not think is as I describe it, if you acknowledge that dominants agree with it? That is completely nonsensical. Please, spare us the double-speak: rational alphas see right through it.

This has gotten us nowhere. We were waiting for Oyburger's opinion, correct? And let's have Gilly's for good measure.

And cracka, let's get his opinion too.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the fact is that it's an anime show that most people don't know about, and hence cannot or don't want to express a opinion on it.

I tend to agree that Motoko is IJ, and as for the show itself I see reasons for both Ti and Ni, but I'm not totally sure.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night's episode, the one where she talks to the old woman about the boy-girl prosthetic bodies, affirmed it. After hearing the story of the boy and the girl, she says "I'll bet that boy is still looking for the first girl he ever loved." She doesn't say anything more, however; just a passive conclusion as regards people's natures over time typical of creative types. And as it turns out, that factor she chose to overlook turns out to be a matter of great significance in her life.

So, INTj-ISFp it is.

One last thing: remember how UDP talked about "beating" weak by practicing it? Compare that to Motoko's determination to fold airplanes after undergoing the prosthesis. (note that I am not suggesting that UDP is Motoko's exertion type) Typical of INTj reformers trying to "beat" the system by stretching themselves to their limits.