Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Me

Creepy-Diana

Default Me

Last edited by tereg; 05-07-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edited by user request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work with someone that looks a lot like you and is totally INFj. Like, without a doubt, despite that I barely know her. Therefore, you are definitely INFj.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was stuck between thinking you were INFj and ISFj because I could see you being either, but after that last thread (can't think of where it is but i'm guessing you know which one I mean) I think you're ISFj.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- VI. Diana has the classic spaced-out Ne look in her eyes in the pictures I've seen, as well as the video.

- Her video. Diana does not come across like any Se-ego type I've seen or met before. She doesn't have much in the way of physical energy or exuberance; even an Se-IJ shows signs of being very connected and having a kind of energy. When Expat and I met in person, one of the things he used to discount SLE as a type option for me was this idea of Se types obviously having "something there," a kind of force or energy that lets you know that they're in touch and ready for what comes at them. I don't have this, and neither does Diana.

- Ne. Diana talks about being able to see her options and come up with possible scenarios and how she'd like them to develop, but has a hard time deciding which one will work out the best given the applicable environmental conditions. This is exactly how NF-ST couples operate.

- Ne vs Se. I never see Diana talking about much anything related to Se, other than when she's talking specifically about Se. She does make pretty obvious use of Ne, though, as I've pointed out elsewhere.

That's all I can think of for now.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Diana talks about being able to see her options and come up with possible scenarios and how she'd like them to develop
    OMG DIANA IS HUMAN YOU'RE KIDDING ME

given the applicable environmental conditions
    you pulled that out of your ass
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana, which do you relate to better?

Quote Originally Posted by 1
    Quote Originally Posted by A
    The individual takes direct action to accomplish his goals and desires in the face of external obstacles, and also the interests of his close friends, family, or associates. This may involve prodding others to take necessary action, deliberately applying pressure in specific situations, or abruptly taking on an organizational role. The individual does not generally seek out confrontation, but he is also not afraid of it.

The individual takes his responsibilities seriously and tends to perform them diligently and with care. He expects the same of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2
    The individual is highly skeptical about ideas and opportunities that may appear not to lead anywhere specific, and seeks concrete assurance that actual material benefits will be achieved. The individual prefers the kind of ideation that seems to lead somewhere (offer solutions) rather than the sort that is most likely to bring upheaval and unwanted changes. The individual dislikes evaluations of people's potential to engage in activities or develop skills in which they haven't had experience yet; above all he is uncomfortable with such discussions by other people regarding himself. He is inclined to be either over-skeptical of his own potential or going to the other extreme and overestimate his possibilities in specific areas on occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3
    The individual periodically needs an outside evaluation of how a situation is likely to develop in order to keep from worrying excessively. Without an outside reassurance that a task can be accomplished in time without hurry, or that there is no need to deal with an ongoing development and that for the moment it's best to wait and see, the individual is anxious and inclined to try to deal with such issues immediately and sometimes impulsively.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4
    The individual is confident of his ability to recognize and evaluate the physical condition and well-being of himself and others, aesthetic sensations, and the internal effects of sensory stimulants such as good food and relaxing situations. He can provide a convincing evaluation of these when prompted, however, he regards soothing, relaxing things and discussions of them as sources of amusement rather than a priority in life. He does not treat them very seriously or allow himself to engage in them very often, despite his overall confidence in these areas. When he does choose to focus attention on his physical condition and well-being, he is more likely to prefer a Se approach and impose a strict, demanding dietary or exercise regimen upon himself or others.
    OR

Quote Originally Posted by B
    Quote Originally Posted by 1
    The individual likes to apply his analytical skills and insight to specific situations, relating them to the bigger picture. He also enjoys discussing idealized circumstances or what could be rather than what is. Consequently, he usually has high standards (even unreasonably so) for those around him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2
    The individual tends to overreact to aggressive or confrontational behavior, taking it as a personal threat when it may only be a knee-jerk reaction or the result of a bad mood.

He tends to avoid intruding on others' space or engaging in behavior that may be perceived as coercive, and tries hard to handle his needs by being disciplined and well-prepared himself - rather than relying on others to do things for him. If these strategies fail, his efforts at dealing with the resulting conflict make him look actively pushy in a way that appears awkward and unnatural to others. This opens himself up to painful criticism and feelings of weakness and helplessness.

He is able to moralize and/or instruct others about what they should do and why, but he is not prepared for others' active resistance or refusal to do as he says. In the individual's mind, this would require him to put aside reason and good feelings and simply make the other person do what is necessary. This is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for these types.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3
    The individual tends to be chronically unaware of his own bodily processes, including physiological sensations and a sense of balance and alignment with one's true desires. He sometimes has peculiar preferences or tastes, which he himself is unable to understand or fulfill.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4
    The individual is quite adept at following discussions on the developments of present trends into the future and at contributing to them on occasion if he feels so inclined, but he does not take that as seriously compared to investigating possibilities in the areas he is interested in at present. He usually dismisses supernatural claims as being silly, wishful thinking, unless they happen to be related to the very specific religion he feels inclined to believe in and which he may be inclined to make part of his leisure activities.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diana i get more of an infj vibe from you. it seems like you have Ne. and some of our interactions remind me of some of those i have with my father who is also an infj.

if you were isfj, i'd feel more repelled. and i don't!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think Diana could be an ISFj subtype. She appears more assertive and confident as compared to INFjs.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is Ne PolR.

Personally, I know both INFjs and ISFjs of the Fi sub-type, and I don't notice a very strong difference between them. It doesn't matter if you're one or either, in my honest opinion.

However, your actual situation seems to be described best by this:

Abstract Fi
    GRAVITY, COMPLIANCE & CONSTRUCT-CREATING are very high and increasing slowly.
    DEMOCRACY, TACITURN, NEGATIVISM & RESULTS are high and decreasing.
    CAREFREE, TACTICAL, RESOLUTE & AGGRESSIVE are moderate and decreasing rapidly.

The IJ has had a revelation of the limits of his personal ability. He seeks safety from the environment, he seeks support that he simultaneously feels he’s unworthy of. He wallows and yearns for someone to come and rescue him yet he makes no effort to cause this to happen preferring to remember again and again the memories of events that caused his sorry state to come about. Fatalism. The IJ is trying to find certain knowledge of his contribution to society and the more certainty he seeks the less he finds.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also say INFj.
    asd

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Which is Ne PolR.

Personally, I know both INFjs and ISFjs of the Fi sub-type, and I don't notice a very strong difference between them. It doesn't matter if you're one or either, in my honest opinion.

However, your actual situation seems to be described best by this:

Abstract Fi
    GRAVITY, COMPLIANCE & CONSTRUCT-CREATING are very high and increasing slowly.
    DEMOCRACY, TACITURN, NEGATIVISM & RESULTS are high and decreasing.
    CAREFREE, TACTICAL, RESOLUTE & AGGRESSIVE are moderate and decreasing rapidly.

The IJ has had a revelation of the limits of his personal ability. He seeks safety from the environment, he seeks support that he simultaneously feels he’s unworthy of. He wallows and yearns for someone to come and rescue him yet he makes no effort to cause this to happen preferring to remember again and again the memories of events that caused his sorry state to come about. Fatalism. The IJ is trying to find certain knowledge of his contribution to society and the more certainty he seeks the less he finds.
    It doesn't matter so much, but I want to know the reasoning behind people's determination. And yes and no on the quote. Yeah, I was in that depressed "feel sorry for yourself" state, but I hope I'm not so much anymore, eh, maybe I still am, but I think I'm moving away from that.
    First of all, I don't think there's anything bad in feeling sorry for one's self, it's just a condition. It can be changed for the better, for sure, but since it's personal and it doesn't actively impact in a negative way over anybody else, it's not problematic.

Secondly, my reasoning is almost completely determined by connection between what you recount of yourself and what is written in that thread by smilingeyes. In actuality, when you talk about the energy you need in order to be able to tend your kids, deal with your ex-husband, and get on with life, you probably are more at this stage:

Concrete Se
    CAREFREE, TACTICAL, RESOLUTE & AGGRESSIVE are very high and decreasing slowly.
    DEMOCRACY, TACITURN, NEGATIVISM & RESULTS are high and increasing.
    GRAVITY, COMPLIANCE & CONSTRUCT-CREATING are moderate and increasing rapidly.

Speed blindness. Doing many things to maintain power and momentum. Confidence over own ability but loss of understanding the big picture. Flailing about the IJ is in great need of advice. The IJ is creating such complexity with his own actions that he is slowly binding himself into more duties than he can handle. He is running into an increasing amount of obstacles and tiring himself.
    Another approach would be to say that INFj is your main type, but the situation is forcing you to behave like an ISFj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's great to know you use the Wiki as reference, since I wrote so much of it, including a lot of what you quoted

Diana's ISFj-Fi. Gamma not Delta.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should really just focus on functions, not some look in your eyes or whatever, or how much energy a single mom of 4 has. In the other thread it really sounded like you are made anxious by Ne.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-bg

ESTp

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-bg

you were hitting that punching bag... I rest my case.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit bg, you beat me to it. I was about to just say a random type. It seems pretty much every type is considered. My vote for ESTp was going to be an entire pisstake. And it turns out that ESTp is a serious consideration.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    It seems pretty much every type is considered.
    Really? I've only seen two types with the same leading function considered.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough. But look at dee. He looks at every type, even though originally it was limited. It´s only a matter of time before Diana goes "oooh, actually, I don´t know what I am. I´ll consider every type!"

Creepy-bg

Fair enough. But look at dee. He looks at every type, even though originally it was limited. It´s only a matter of time before Diana goes "oooh, actually, I don´t know what I am. I´ll consider every type!"
    Dee's new here...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana has been here for a long time and she's only considered those two types. dee doesn't know Socionics well enough to get an idea of what type he is. And I can't be bothered reading his thread because what I've read is kind of annoying. I can make guesses based on that but they're just guesses.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what are the types that are genuinely in consideration at the moment - in yours and no one else´s eyes.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I'm more interested in why someone thinks what they do, and how they arrived at that conclusion than what type they've decided on.
    In Gilligan's case it's simple. You fit into the INFj category of his Ti understanding of VI, and everything else he's Ne bullshitting to support his VI conclusion.
    SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy, please.

I think Gilligan has given very good arguments for INFj. In the video Diana struck me as INFj and in no way ISFj-Fi. She has the same kind of tendency to ramble and go off on tangents in her posts as other Ne ego types (and especially Delta NFs).

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj or I'm INFj.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People don't see Se because you're not confrontational. But there's another way Se shows up. When we get into arguments about things like abortion, you are very solid and won't budge and make it very clear that you are absolutely sure you are right and there is no validity to my point of view. That is also Se. Ne types are more likely to say, "Well, I can see how you feel that way based on your experience . . . but . . ." There's none of that from you. You have a very firm set of beliefs. When my INFj born-again Christian sister and I butt heads about these issues, she always backs away from the arguments a bit. She won't change her mind, but she'll hedge a bit in her speech and try to find some common ground in the discussion.

That would be where I see Se in you. And, again, in the other thread you acted anxious about Ne.

Edited to add that I am NOT going to debate abortion here in this thread with anyone (I don't think you would Diana but I know that's always a hot topic).
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I'm not saying INFjs aren't firm in their beliefs. My sister is firm in her beliefs, but she wants to get out of arguments and will make it sound like she's less firm if she thinks I'll back down. But I am under the impression that you would specifically not want to say anything that would make anyone think even slightly that you would ever back down. Se.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Diana talks about being able to see her options and come up with possible scenarios and how she'd like them to develop
    OMG DIANA IS HUMAN YOU'RE KIDDING ME
    Of course, she uses Ne, just like everyone else. But I've never seen her use Se.

Huh?

And don't try that description highlighting bullshit. It means nothing to anyone but you in your little fantasy Socionics world, and maybe a few people foolish enough to buy into your crap.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh?
    What types of environmental conditions are you referring to?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Joy, since you can't seem to muster a brain of your own...

The way I see it, Diana has her ideas of what she'd like to do, and can see how they'd flesh out if they worked out ideally. However, she needs someone to come in and tell her "Well, this idea won't work because x" where x is some aspect or property of reality that will interfere with the "ideal" outcome - Ne needing Te.

Expat, do you have any reasons other than Quadra values? I don't know where you guys are getting the from...

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast