Thread: Difficulty typing people over the internet

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Difficulty typing people over the internet

I was just thinking to myself that i have a lot of trouble typing people even from videos and webcams etc. Its perhaps partially due to my inexperience but i think theres more to it than that.

When i type people i seem to type them on their reaction to me and to people who i know very well. I also type them on the feeling of the setting. For example if its a wild party with a lot going on i will type people in relation to how i feel like the party is going and what its making them feel like. I also like to type based on how people communicate to others which you cant really get from a webcam etc. Seems to be the aura of it all is lost if im not actually there

Anyone else relate to this?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably because you're an extravert?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't type people over the internet either. I think it's from the information they give and stuff. Somebody should make a list of what traits are considered important. That will make it more accurate and easier to type people.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had known about socionics for 6 years when I first began to make sense of how to type people using videos. I think that's a normal reaction.

Maybe here the expectations for typing people on the Internet are higher because everyone's discussing socionics on the Internet. This didn't even occur to me until 2005.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why i cant type people over the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I was just thinking to myself that i have a lot of trouble typing people even from videos and webcams etc. Its perhaps partially due to my inexperience but i think theres more to it than that.

When i type people i seem to type them on their reaction to me and to people who i know very well. I also type them on the feeling of the setting. For example if its a wild party with a lot going on i will type people in relation to how i feel like the party is going and what its making them feel like. I also like to type based on how people communicate to others which you cant really get from a webcam etc. Seems to be the aura of it all is lost if im not actually there

Anyone else relate to this?
    Ya. I can't type people over the internet either. Videos, pix, descriptions.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because you are not 1337.

You have just been pwnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Because you are not 1337.

You have just been pwnt.
    BASE!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best possible way of typing people using the internet, is while chatting on msn. (without cam)

The next best thing is... well there isn't, there rest is all equal difficult.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've extended an offer to all to talk to me on Yahoo IM with a webcam. Only a half a dozen or so people have taken me up on the offer.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/