Thread: help with his type

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help with his type

htt
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp. Failing that, ENFj.

I can't see any other possibility.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    INFp. Failing that, ENFj.

I can't see any other possibility.
    I thought INFp as well.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, actually even ENFj I see as a distant second possibility -- INFp was clear to me throughout.

, very low , little concern with , and what you described sounds like Victim-Victim interaction.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: help with his type

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    He called himself analytical a few times, which I found interesting, because I didn't see him as overtly so. Thoughtful, yes. Sensitive, yes. But analytical seemed not to fit.

He seemed possibly interested in philosophy, but we didn't dwell on the subject because he didn't have much to offer. I brought up a few terms early on to see if it was indeed one of his interests, but he didn't know any of them. He also claimed to like books, but not reading. Hmmph.
    That bit was particularly interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He called himself analytical a few times, which I found interesting, because I didn't see him as overtly so. Thoughtful, yes. Sensitive, yes. But analytical seemed not to fit.

He seemed possibly interested in philosophy, but we didn't dwell on the subject because he didn't have much to offer. I brought up a few terms early on to see if it was indeed one of his interests, but he didn't know any of them. He also claimed to like books, but not reading. Hmmph.
    If found it something similar with me , may be Ni-ENFj then but still bit unsure about words/singing style and some details of behaviour ... yep prolly beta nifnif, something Ni-likely, some things you wrote about him seems to be understandable for me from "internal" point, not "external".
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sex style sounds more male infp.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8

yes but Ni-ENFj can act this way in case he have "pre-vision" of him self with potential partner and knowing what he do. It can be some "for the case" stuff. Its hard to explain but it seems that whole complex got results that it needed to achieve.
    Though i had best and very close friend INFp and i know his personal life details and i know he was aggresive and changing like that and rest sexual behavior is fits too
    still Ni-ENFJ is very possible ...
    Persona differs from persona
    Ni Creative

3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorc
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8

yes but Ni-ENFj can act this way in case he have "pre-vision" of him self with potential partner and knowing what he do. It can be some "for the case" stuff. Its hard to explain but it seems that whole complex got results that it needed to achieve.
    Though i had best and very close friend INFp and i know his personal life details and i know he was aggresive and changing like that and rest sexual behavior is fits too
    still Ni-ENFJ is very possible ...
    Persona differs from persona
    yeah...i was speaking from experience with an enfj and 2 infp's though....hahahaha

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj can act that it looks sometimes odd for some personas at the moment but later or sometimes much later others will start to understand his real aims/meanings, this becomes understandable after processing in chain of happenings further from start , and then it may even look pre-planned (in some cases it is really is , but on Ni/F (pre-vision/timing/acting from the gut with some abstract vision) stuff)

INFp are more calm, and life in inner philosophical/pastoral world and intimate (tet-a-tete) contact with them will be provided with some like REAL romance (not epic / or hidden epic like ENFj) mood and you may suddenly see world around as full of magic and different changes in your outer world perception. They more infirerent .

thought if aouthor of this post can say that he was guided hidenly all this time and was placed in some epic romance atmosphere its like Ni-ENFj
    If things more soft , more like nature-romance , philosophy and acceptance of fate it should be INFp though.

IMO 60% INFp/40% ENFj
    Ni Creative

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[q

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

analytical but not reading could be a Ti/Fe person..

actually sex style INFp does ring familiar to me too

I thought entp first time around but the pics did not look right, and wasnt getting a clear signal, but extraverted and not so ENTp could be ENFj. dont know yet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldn't do him, but good for you!

forgive me.
    asd

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He reminds me of a favorite INFp singer of mine - Grant Lee Phillips
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i wouldn't do him, but good for you!

forgive me.
    Frankly, i am disappointed in you. He seemed like your type of guy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    asd

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's kinda ... sketchbag. INFp it is! lmao

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorc

If found it something similar with me , may be Ni-ENFj then but still bit unsure about words/singing style and some details of behaviour ... yep prolly beta nifnif, something Ni-likely, some things you wrote about him seems to be understandable for me from "internal" point, not "external".
    What do you mean by the last sentence?

I don't think I know any ENFjs in person, so enlighten me.

To clarify, he struck me as a philosophical type, yet there was nothing substantive to back my suspicion. It was just the way spoke, appeared, and moved (suggesting that he was always reflecting and in creative mode) that made me think "philosopher." I realize it might have just suggested "musician/artist."

The way he carried himself was a bit awkward. He apologized a lot, first about his messy house even before we arrived, then about several things. This general vibe I felt from being around him doesn't seem to come through much in his music, although in his lyrics it probably does.
    some moment of my life, hard period i was really bad with my house, but i wanted it to me nice and i knew about myself that i had it very nice in better periods, so i appologized alot about my house b4 people i was accepting in it.
    I also think that the insecurity I perceived is the main reason I didn't expect such skill in the bedroom. A bit hard to explain. I've only been with one other person who acted similarly during sex. Generally it would seem that such variation between aggressive and passive would necessitate my alternating similarly (switching roles), yet he gave the impression of being in control even when he was being gentle. Sort of as if he was responsible for the timing and I just had to go along with it. I appreciated how nonchalant he was about the sex in the morning because it is in my nature to not want to discuss it after the fact.
    i marked with bold very enfj part, also knowing about myself , if i want to hide it , or just in my bad times when i didnt cared (i want able) about being too clear to most of people, even those who near me and needs it. I was even liked to look much less than myself and looking for reaction of people, then surprise them. ENFj acts straightly in LONG-term, and this kind of action can be ENFj with ease
    Perhaps the most interesting thing about him, overall, was that he seemed to act rather pessimistically yet spoke optimistically. He didn't want to force anything, he said, yet when I questioned him on forcing the end of the relationship before it came to fruition, he seemed not to understand or be open to the possibility of exploring it further. He was really set on keeping things perfect and not ruining anything. I thought, "ok, perfect, but forced to end, so most likely not something I can consider real." he also said a few times that he lives with no regrets. i decided a long time ago that i will regret what i want to regret. to not regret anything seems too idealistic to me.
    INFp dominating here.....
    the other thing i forgot to mention is that he told me that he had recovered from bell's palsy. his account seemed to suggest that he had a rather unusual relationship to his body and wellness. overall poor hygiene. strange, almost mystical, discussion of doctors. seemed a bit hypochondriac to me.
    INFpish too

i marked things that sounds really interesting , bold is enfjish, italic is infpish - i think he is some kind of INFp or just very very NI ENFj in bad period of his life, that was hurt and still in recovering, or just sumbissed to fate. (um he may arise suddenly)....
    Ni Creative

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw the experience sounds like a great way to cap off a vacation....one of those single girl experiences to file away into your memory!

ILE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno man, that sounds dirt to me. Sleeping with someone you just met and then never seeing them again to "keep it as it is" ... yeah. I don't get people these days who think doing that sort of stuff is alright. =[ Am I still stuck in the old days when sex was supposed to be meaningful and only with the one you're married to? =/ I dunno, sometimes I see people with these values and other times I read about people just having sex after 2 dates and that being normal, etc. Oh, who am I to talk.. I'm not even an adult.. I guess everyone makes their own individual choices.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I dunno man, that sounds dirt to me. Sleeping with someone you just met and then never seeing them again to "keep it as it is" ... yeah. I don't get people these days who think doing that sort of stuff is alright. =[ Am I still stuck in the old days when sex was supposed to be meaningful and only with the one you're married to? =/ I dunno, sometimes I see people with these values and other times I read about people just having sex after 2 dates and that being normal, etc. Oh, who am I to talk.. I'm not even an adult.. I guess everyone makes their own individual choices.
    it seems to have little to do with a value system in my mind.

the thing about sex is that it can be memorable even when it's out of the context of a "meaningful" sustainable relationship. it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between memorability and meaningfulness. i have never really had sex with a person on a regular basis and continuously felt strongly towards them as a person. but there has never been a time i've had sex and thrown the event out the window as meaningless. in other words, the event of "sex" takes on meaning apart from my role in it or my action(s) which may have led to the result of sex.

the more detached i am from the events of my life, the more of a spectacular vision they become. i like to live this way, no matter how much it may seem that it prevents me from having a reliable value system. i like to worship the coincidence of events, in a sense. this is not in any way to suggest that i feel like a victim without any sense of control, but, on the contrary, that i purposefully set myself and my actions/choices up diametrically opposite the events of my life. that way i can see the correlation and where i am responsible, yet at the same time not dwell on my attachment. the events can exist in a realm of their own, as can my actions.

imagine a salt shaker being rolled across a table. you notice the points at which the salt shaker's surface crosses the surface of the table. it would be quite simple to throw your hand into the mix in order to stop it from rolling, to regain a sense of control, and to demand that your actions have a direct influence of the way you will value what is happening. but by interfering, you would not see the points at which the shaker crosses the table on its own, and you would most likely lose perspective on the event.

events have a way of unfolding independent of the person who may potentially act upon them. sometimes this is a careless way to live, yes, but i would not prefer to live in a world where i was responsible for the degree of value attached to what is happening before my eyes.

does this amount to my having no value system to speak of? perhaps, but it certainly doesn't amount to lesser intrinsic value in what i see or experience, when taken as a whole.

this was supposed to be about sex.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like everything you write very much. I understand it although I don't relate. I like people with an interesting interpretation of life's day to day events. My interpretation is usually dry and factual. I did this, I did that followed by practical goals and guidelines of why I did this and that.
    asd

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He definitely knew what he was doing in the bedroom. I'm not sure why this surprised me. Maybe it was just that he certainly didn't seem to be the kind of guy who has a lot of sex.
    Because you've been culturally conditioned to think only a certain type of extroverted man is good at sex. Look at how much we sexualize a certain type of male in this country while emasculating every type as having no sex appeal. It's kind of ridiculous. Just because you're confident and have 'raw masculine energy' doesn't mean you know what you are doing internally. You'll probably be too showy anyway or too porn-y with it, which can be nice (porn is hot) but you really have to know how to be more creative. Seriously, I've met guys that looked way too bashful and the like but in bed they knew how to press all the right buttons. It's just the more traditional type of man is more visually stimulating, that's all though. For all we know, Richard Simmons could be really hot in bed and make us have multiple orgasms.

Still the guy would probably bore me to tears, (INFps seem to have that effect on me...I find them incredibly sweet tho.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    He definitely knew what he was doing in the bedroom. I'm not sure why this surprised me. Maybe it was just that he certainly didn't seem to be the kind of guy who has a lot of sex.
    Because you've been culturally conditioned to think only a certain type of extroverted man is good at sex. Look at how much we sexualize a certain type of male in this country while emasculating every type as having no sex appeal. It's kind of ridiculous. Just because you're confident and have 'raw masculine energy' doesn't mean you know what you are doing internally. You'll probably be too showy anyway or too porn-y with it, which can be nice (porn is hot) but you really have to know how to be more creative. Seriously, I've met guys that looked way too bashful and the like but in bed they knew how to press all the right buttons. It's just the more traditional type of man is more visually stimulating, that's all though. For all we know, Richard Simmons could be really hot in bed and make us have multiple orgasms.

Still the guy would probably bore me to tears, (INFps seem to have that effect on me...I find them incredibly sweet tho.)
    yes, i know the stereotype, but personally, i've always been somewhat repulsed by the raw masculine ideal and rarely think of sex with or around them. i prefer quirky looking guys who tend to forget their deodorant and who have never been to a gym. so, i am agreeing that what you suggest really does exist for many, but disagreeing with your relating it to my experience with this guy because it does not exist for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, he's INFp. As I was writing my CV, I came to understand exactly where he was coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by I
    I like to connect with others, whether it's by a smile or a small gesture of kindness. There was a time when I saw a boy struggling with his homework and spent the evening helping him, perfecting his work as if it were my own. He told me about how his eye had been impaired in Egypt, and at the end of the day, when he persuaded his brother to drive me home, I felt like we had been friends for years. We had been total strangers, but through collaboration, I felt more connected to him than the people I hanged around with. Sometimes I find such fleeting encounters with strangers preferable to long-term relationships: there's not enough time for first impressions to falter, prying into one another's private lives, getting bored of each other and realizing that you're not right for each other, or for disillusionment when the actors take off their masks. They are almost pure in that they are untouched by the destructive force of time.
    I thought: "hmm... enjoy fleeting encounters with strangers, huh. heh, that could be read as preferring one night stands like that guy... OOOH"

You will have a beautiful memory of him uncorrupted by the character flaws that would eventually surface, and he will remember you with affection for the rest of his life. The alternative would be getting to know him, only to have every shared memory amount to nothing at the bitter end of the relationship. For example, reading past declarations of undying love, only to regret the time you wasted as you remember the events that led to "you're not my friend anymore"...

It's better this way.

(as for the boy: he started approaching me later on, but our friendship was doomed to a quick death since I had nothing to say to him after that incident. so we went from strangers to friends, only to become strangers again. almost every one of my relationships have been like that, and I sometimes wish I hadn't interacted with a person beyond a certain point in time so that the good moments could be untainted by memories of the ensuing hurt)
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves

yes, i know the stereotype, but personally, i've always been somewhat repulsed by the raw masculine ideal and rarely think of sex with or around them. i prefer quirky looking guys who tend to forget their deodorant and who have never been to a gym. so, i am agreeing that what you suggest really does exist for many, but disagreeing with your relating it to my experience with this guy because it does not exist for me.
    Hi! :wink: