Thread: Full Explanation of How functions work (Theory)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Full Explanation of How functions work (Theory)

Ok, this is my full explanation of how I think functions work and how the polarity of functions work.

Every person in Socionics according to model A has 4 sections of 2 functions. The ego block, the super-ego block, the super id block, and the id block. The functions that are in these blocks do not work like what most people think. The functions have both introverted and extroverted qualities. Take the first block of an INTj for example. The first function is thinking and the second function is intuition. For an INTj its thinking function is both introverted and extroverted, and its intuition function is both introverted and extroverted. An ENTjs thinking function is also introverted and extroverted, and its intuitive function is introverted and extroverted. So just looking at my characterization of the types, how does an INTj and an INTj differ. Both types have both introverted and extroverted thinking functions. Looking at the types like this, there is no difference between them. But when you meet an INTj and an ENTj, they are both very different. It is my belief that these functions differ in their polarity. An INTj's thinking function is divided into 2 known function parts, +Te and -Ti. An ENTj's thinking function is broken down into -Te and +Ti. So, what does the polarity of a function mean? It is my belief that the charges of these functions have to do with type of energy presented in relation to the functions goals. Using Ti, you can view the functions in 2 halfs, +Ti and -Ti. +Ti is about living within the system. Its about living up to the laws of the land. It believes in following a leader. -Ti is about disobeying the laws of the land. It is about creating a unique system. -Ti does not follow the norms of society. Using Fi as an example, +Fi could be view as being about harmony, happiness, positive emotions, and caring, and -Fi could be looked at as being about disharmony, pain of life, negative emotions. - and + is about the position of energy of each function, or the positiveness or negativeness view of the expertise of the function in general.

The blocks of a personality type work similar to how a battery works. INTjs have (-Ti and +Te) and (+Ne and -Ni) in their ego block. They influence each other when in relation to the world. The reason an INTj is considered introverted is that the (-Ti and +Te) function doesn't express individually as often as the function influences (+Ne and -Ni). The data chains of an INTj works like this:

(-Ti and +Te)------> (+Ne and -Ni)(-Te and +Te influenced)------> The world (influenced by the functions)

The world------> (+Ne and -Ni)(World influenced)----> (-Ti and +Te)(World and (+Ne and -Ni) influenced)

(-Ti and +Te) can communicate to the world through +Te although this doesn't happen as often as the normal data chain. This is why the collective function is viewed as introverted because +Te doesn't express itself as much.

Each person has conscious and unconscious functions. A person's Ego and Super Ego functions are conscious, and a person's Super Id and Id are unconscious. The unconscious functions influence the conscious functions and vice versa. In INTj's, the hidden agenda (the 6th block of Model A) is +Si and -Se. The hidden agenda influences the creative function of a person which then stimulates the dominate function. (+Si and -Se) is the reason that the (+Ne and -Ni)-----> chain works. It is the reason that information travels in the (-Ti and +Te) direction more often than the other way. It is the INTj functions. When an ISFp comes around it can cause the (+Ne and -Ni)------> (-Ti and +Te) to work more because her (+Si and -Se) will co direct the chain. (-Fe and +Fi) is the reason that the (-Ti and +Te)------> (+Ne and -Ni)(-Te and +Te influenced)------> The world (influenced by the functions) takes place. (-Fe and +Fi) is weaker in relation to its chain than (+Si and -Se) because an INTj is introverted. (-Fe and +Fi) from an ESFj cause an INTj to be more extroverted. This is what duality is. Duality is about causing the I and E types to become more E and I respectively.

Please ask questions.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Full Explanation of How functions work (Theory)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    Ok, this is my full explanation of how I think functions work and how the polarity of functions work.

Every person in Socionics according to model A has 4 sections of 2 functions. The ego block, the super-ego block, the super id block, and the id block. The functions that are in these blocks do not work like what most people think. The functions have both introverted and extroverted qualities. Take the first block of an INTj for example. The first function is thinking and the second function is intuition. For an INTj its thinking function is both introverted and extroverted, and its intuition function is both introverted and extroverted. An ENTjs thinking function is also introverted and extroverted, and its intuitive function is introverted and extroverted. So just looking at my characterization of the types, how does an [E]NTj and an INTj differ. Both types have both introverted and extroverted thinking functions. Looking at the types like this, there is no difference between them. But when you meet an INTj and an ENTj, they are both very different. It is my belief that these functions differ in their polarity.
    Te and Ti are not the same thing, nor Ni and Ne.
    Why are you lumping "thinking" together as one function? Thinking is differentiated into Te and Ti

So just looking at my characterization of the types, how does an [E]NTj and an INTj differ. Both types have both introverted and extroverted thinking functions.
    Well, because Te and Ni are ENTj's leading functions
    Ti an NE are INTjs

INTj has Fe dual seeking,
    ENTj has Fi dual seeking

Their [u]functional alignments/u] areseverely different
    They are even in opposing quadras.

And so on. To respond to your question, I ask - how could a two types with such differences be expected to act the same way?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP is right.

INTJ has Ti as his primairy function, ENTJ has Te as his primairy function.

difference explained, period.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Full Explanation of How functions work (Theory)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by hitta

Every person in Socionics according to model A has 4 sections of 2 functions. The ego block, the super-ego block, the super id block, and the id block. The functions that are in these blocks do not work like what most people think. The functions have both introverted and extroverted qualities. Take the first block of an INTj for example. The first function is thinking and the second function is intuition. For an INTj its thinking function is both introverted and extroverted, and its intuition function is both introverted and extroverted. An ENTjs thinking function is also introverted and extroverted, and its intuitive function is introverted and extroverted. So just looking at my characterization of the types, how does an [E]NTj and an INTj differ. Both types have both introverted and extroverted thinking functions. Looking at the types like this, there is no difference between them. But when you meet an INTj and an ENTj, they are both very different. It is my belief that these functions differ in their polarity.
    Te and Ti are not the same thing, nor Ni and Ne.
    Why are you lumping "thinking" together as one function? Thinking is differentiated into Te and Ti

So just looking at my characterization of the types, how does an [E]NTj and an INTj differ. Both types have both introverted and extroverted thinking functions.
    Well, because Te and Ni are ENTj's leading functions
    Ti an NE are INTjs

INTj has Fe dual seeking,
    ENTj has Fi dual seeking

Their [u]functional alignments/u] areseverely different
    They are even in opposing quadras.

And so on. To respond to your question, I ask - how could a two types with such differences be expected to act the same way?
    The difference between how the functions act is the polarity of the functions. For INTjs, +Te doesn't express itself as much individually as the normal (-Ti +Te) ---> (+Ne -Ni) chain. +Te does express itself at times though. ENTjs are very different, and though it does have something to do somewhat with the E/Iness of the functions, it has more to do with the polarity of the functions.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the type is a battery and the functions it's poles, what's the electricity?

And who is harnessing the power?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Justice League

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+Te does express itself at times though.
    Yes... after you hit 23 and at 's behest. The demands that the connections between structures be examined before a conclusion is made as to what causes what.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you get these age numbers from, Tcau?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Creepy-bg

he rolls dice

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    he rolls dice
    Experience with people in my age group. Friends, relatives... the magic number always seems to be 23. And it was in my case, too.