Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: confused about delta

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default confused about delta

    I seem to have most close friends here.. are deltas just into cultivating their deep friendships?

    Come on don't make me reevaluate INFj. Otherwise I might act ENFp sometimes.

  2. #2
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Delta(t)=t(n)-t(n-1)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  3. #3
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    no way are you an infj.

    i think you gravitate toward delta for the same reason that i gravitate toward beta. you face delta, so to speak due to supervision and benefactor rings. plus you're look alike and illusionary are there, and those are pretty good relations.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  4. #4
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah.. I mean, I gravitate towards Alpha AND Gamma sometimes. But, c'mon.. I'd never desert my Betazoids.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  5. #5
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Delta(t)=t(n)-t(n-1)
    But what is sum(Delta(t))= when n=1->inf? (Come on, this is easy. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  6. #6
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Delta(t)=t(n)-t(n-1)
    But what is sum(Delta(t))= when n=1->inf? (Come on, this is easy. )
    kitty?

  7. #7
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, but you're close so you get this sheet of aluminum foil as a consolation prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  8. #8
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    No, but you're close so you get this sheet of aluminum foil as a consolation prize.
    OOOOOOO! SHINEY!!!!

  9. #9
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Delta(t)=t(n)-t(n-1)
    But what is sum(Delta(t))= when n=1->inf? (Come on, this is easy. )
    converges to t(n) ?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    because you share one set of functions with both the quadra to the left of you and the quadra to the right of you if the quadras are placed in a loop, there's no reason for you to be more drawn to one over the other. Even if you say its because i am more tolerant of Te and Fi than of Se, i dont see why that would explain why i "gravitate" to delta more than alpha my own quadra. So I said are deltas just more attentive to relations, making it so that my lasting friendships are delta.

  11. #11
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    because we rock and you also rock
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  12. #12
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFj's and INTj's seem to be good friends. I just told my INFj friend that i thought he was being mean and unreasonable to his INTj friend (they hadn't talked for about a year). It was funny because the INFj would always talk about him. Its like dude if you dont like him stop talking about him. He rang the INTj up and ever since they have been great friends.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    because we rock and you also rock

  14. #14
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    because we rock and you also rock
    I wanna rock too

  15. #15
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    because we rock and you also rock
    I wanna rock too
    You do
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  16. #16
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    because we rock and you also rock
    I wanna rock too
    You do
    killer

  17. #17
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    because you share one set of functions with both the quadra to the left of you and the quadra to the right of you if the quadras are placed in a loop, there's no reason for you to be more drawn to one over the other. Even if you say its because i am more tolerant of Te and Fi than of Se, i dont see why that would explain why i "gravitate" to delta more than alpha my own quadra. So I said are deltas just more attentive to relations, making it so that my lasting friendships are delta.
    because when you supervise and benefact, you are in the better position....being supervised and benefitting puts one in the "short end of the stick" position. why would anybody want that?

    plus, from the quadra that supervises you, you also get a comparative relation....yuck....rather than an easier illusionary and lookalike. the only relation that flows well from this quadra is your semi dual.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  18. #18
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    [
    plus, from the quadra that supervises you, you also get a comparative relation....yuck....
    Yea. Comparative is the one relationship that really saddens me to be honest. When i was in high school i met two ENTp's and they are cool guys with big personalities. Ever since school they have moved and we have continued to drift apart. I actually find this relation incredibly intense and difficult to deal with. Its like my strongest social weapons repel them lol. I tend to meet people and say "hey man how are you going, good to see you again etc" (insert Fi). The way i do it doesn't work with ENTp's lol. Perhaps because they feel they need to reply with Fi which they dont want to do? I know they want a more chilled out greeting etc but im not really capable of it.

    Ive just been invited by one of these guys to hang out with them for this cool day they are having. Its going to be Alpha galore and even though im happy he invited me its actually got me a little nervous
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  19. #19
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    [
    plus, from the quadra that supervises you, you also get a comparative relation....yuck....
    Yea. Comparative is the one relationship that really saddens me to be honest. When i was in high school i met two ENTp's and they are cool guys with big personalities. Ever since school they have moved and we have continued to drift apart. I actually find this relation incredibly intense and difficult to deal with. Its like my strongest social weapons repel them lol. I tend to meet people and say "hey man how are you going, good to see you again etc" (insert Fi). The way i do it doesn't work with ENTp's lol. Perhaps because they feel they need to reply with Fi which they dont want to do? I know they want a more chilled out greeting etc but im not really capable of it.

    Ive just been invited by one of these guys to hang out with them for this cool day they are having. Its going to be Alpha galore and even though im happy he invited me its actually got me a little nervous
    man you've hit the nail on the head with this one meat. i'm always really attracted to enfp's, especially females. we can talk about all kinds of stuff....but things break down quickly. their Fi freaks me out....to be honest i think they find my Ti unethical or something. it offends them somehow. when i get into it with enfp's it's like a vicious power struggle over methods, but not usually goals. so it feels to me like, who cares let's just get the job done. if the scene is social, they are usually more in the right....if the scene is production, i'm usually right. but really it's the quadra values, they're so different, and it's like since you connect on the Ne with the person, you have high expectations. these expectations are often unfulfilled, which leads to confusion and disappointment.

    my brother is an enfp...talk about tension in the family...

    i've found it's much better in a group situation with enfp's rather than one on one. enfp's are actually a blast in a group.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  20. #20
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,630
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    my brother is an enfp...talk about tension in the family...

    i've found it's much better in a group situation with enfp's rather than one on one. enfp's are actually a blast in a group.
    I know exactly what you mean - comparative is probably one of the best relations in a group.

  21. #21
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    my brother is an enfp...talk about tension in the family...

    i've found it's much better in a group situation with enfp's rather than one on one. enfp's are actually a blast in a group.
    I know exactly what you mean - comparative is probably one of the best relations in a group.
    Yeah you can learn a lot from your comparitive in social situations. ENTp's tend to watch me talking to people and they take something away from it and i watch them use Fe. They seem to do exactly what it is that would make me more sociable. They approach more people and engage more etc
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •