TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question about Te

Does this sound like Te to you:

"Some people see a situation and see 20 variables and try to balance all 20, but I see only 2 options. This makes it easier for me to make a decision."

Maybe TeNi?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. The "some people" referred to are probably Ne. I wouldn't say that what the author said seems to fit one particular type. And Te isn't about limiting options, it's about what works.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard for me to see Te without the context of a dynamic environment, like in a manager's office where unexpected things happen and the manager has to rearrange resources to complete a more, or as, efficient task.

This reminds me of when Slava said Te is like fitting together blocks in a box. He didn't say this but like if someone punches the box then they have to rearrange the blocks in a different way to fit them in the best way. But it still seems like I'm putting a static spin on it

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I would give all the possibilities a weighting, but not completely dismiss any of them - in my mind, I might the low weighted possibilities to the extremes of my 'vision', with all the better ones in the centre.

Wouldn't a Te type say 'That idea's bullshit', or 'That could work', as though on gut feeling, and not really considering each possibility in great detail?

I think ISxjs are the sort of type that would dismiss an idea completely, but they may do so after considering how that kind of idea had worked in the past - they might seem as though decided on gut instinct what works and what doesn't, but that maybe because you can't see their internal reasoning?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also this person was talking about how they like to be in complex situations where they have to figure out how things fit together in the context of problem solving. It was given as an example of rearranging things in the most productive manner and for being willing to abandon old plans for new more efficient configurations.

In this way I can see how Te is dynamic because you can do it only when there are changing factors? Is this on the right track?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Question about Te

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington

"Some people see a situation and see 20 variables and try to balance all 20, but I see only 2 options. This makes it easier for me to make a decision."
    Sounds like Extroversion versus Introversion (perceiving individual bodies versus perceiving gross fields).
    [Stormy] [LII]

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

For extroverted dynamic type, they see objects in the external environment changing of their own accord over time - they like to make sense of this change. For extroverted static types, they influence objects in their environment, and so obviously understand why they change.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe TeNi?
    More likely TiNe. You're making a wide generalization (Ne), and turning it into a binary choice (Ti).

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this means that a person sees through al the lesser important variables and gets to the core of the situation, then it could be Te.

maybe?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since Te is dynamic, it's tuned into the stimulus; it can't switch off. So Te would start with all the variables at once and condense them down, but Ti would just vary a few at a time, switching as needed.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

Maybe TeNi?
    More likely TiNe. You're making a wide generalization (Ne), and turning it into a binary choice (Ti).
    This is the quote that threw me off. Because the rest of the examples were more like what you were saying in the next post

"So Te would start with all the variables at once and condense them down, but Ti would just vary a few at a time, switching as needed."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe TeNi?
    This is the quote that threw me off. Because the rest of the examples were more like what you were saying in the next post

"So Te would start with all the variables at once and condense them down, but Ti would just vary a few at a time, switching as needed."
    Hmm, "generalization" wasn't really the right word. In this case Ne gives a sense of sudden clarity, a kind of lightbulb going off that says "yeah, let's go with this."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe TeNi?
    I mistakenly read that as, "Some people see a situation and see 20 variables and try to balance all 20, but I see only 2 options: that which makes it easy for me, and that which doesn't."

I don't know what kind of function that could be related to, but I agree 100%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    For extroverted dynamic type, they see objects in the external environment changing of their own accord over time - they like to make sense of this change. For extroverted static types, they influence objects in their environment, and so obviously understand why they change.
    How would you characterise Introverted Dynamic Types and Introverted Dynamic Types?
    [Stormy] [LII]

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe TeNi?
    I would say unvalued Ne with Ti.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly

Maybe TeNi?
    I would say unvalued Ne with Ti.
    Hmm, yes, that makes sense.