Thread: Do Deltas withdraw from emotionally expressive people?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do Deltas withdraw from emotionally expressive people?

Hi all

I would really appreciate any insights that you might have.

In a group atmosphere, do Deltas tend to withdraw slightly if they view that the other members of the group are being too emotional/expressive/ungenuine? Do they associate massive emotions with being shallow, and/or respond negatively to 'too much' emotion?

Many thanks in advance

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are probably experiencing a PoLR.

I'm ok with massive emotions, just that I would be more of an observer than participant. I only get frustrated when others in the group talk about fun and enjoyment and meaningless stuff. And it's easy for others to know that I'm displeased 'cos I will always have this "wtf?" look on my face. Example:

During a class outing
    ESTp classmate: Dang! You guys can't believe what a bad day I have today.
    Everyone
    ESTp: I saw this white python on an online auction the other day and I decided to put in $8000 for it. I was confident that I will definitely get it 'cos all the other bidders couldn't bid past this amount, until another guy came in the last minute and dump in $10000. Oh man! Can you believe that? He won me by just two thousand freaking dollars?!
    Me: (thought: I wish you could have gotten the python so that it can slither towards you at night and suffocate you and let you experience a slow and painful death.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is this typical Delta behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    Hi all

In a group atmosphere, do Deltas tend to withdraw slightly if they view that the other members of the group are being too emotional/expressive/ungenuine? Do they associate massive emotions with being shallow, and/or respond negatively to 'too much' emotion?

Many thanks in advance

Kindly,
    i come from a family of delta's so maybe i can comment. delta is basically anti-beta. deltas like small groups of people, relationally-based communication at a closer psychological distance, they follow the rules of etiquette strictly, and go for refinement.

loud emotional displays don't fit into this nor do large group activities. i think they kind of intimidate or offend a lot of delta types. so you might see the kind of reaction you are describing five.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    You are probably experiencing a PoLR.

I'm ok with massive emotions, just that I would be more of an observer than participant. I only get frustrated when others in the group talk about fun and enjoyment and meaningless stuff. And it's easy for others to know that I'm displeased 'cos I will always have this "wtf?" look on my face. Example:

During a class outing
    ESTp classmate: Dang! You guys can't believe what a bad day I have today.
    Everyone
    ESTp: I saw this white python on an online auction the other day and I decided to put in $8000 for it. I was confident that I will definitely get it 'cos all the other bidders couldn't bid past this amount, until another guy came in the last minute and dump in $10000. Oh man! Can you believe that? He won me by just two thousand freaking dollars?!
    Me: (thought: I wish you could have gotten the python so that it can slither towards you at night and suffocate you and let you experience a slow and painful death.)
    huh. that interaction would not affect me that way at all.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

I got a python you can....

errr nevermind... forgot this was Delta

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all

Many thanks in advance

Kindly,
    Yeah probablly. I could probablly handle a full blown Fe atmosphere for a little while but its a pretty tiring. I do quite enjoy seeing how the other side works sometimes. Too much emotion i cant see as being a problem. Deltas aren't all stuck up like some people seem to think. I doubt anyone could say anything to shock me. I can even take people giving fat people / handicapped etc people shit as long as its not to their face. I think if someone doesn't have Fi you cant force it on them.

The only thing i wont take is rudeness/meanness to myself/a friend/someone who could be hurt by it.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it is necessarily Fe polr. I'm like that. If that's Fe polr, I have an Fe polr. hmm.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Fi>Fe preference
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES! At least I do. (And I think it would apply to most deltas. As Slacker Mom said, it's an Fi > Fe preference.)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Many thanks to you all.

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with this. In a group, deltas also often withdraw from the whole group and engage in splintered off conversation with a few people for a while, before re-engaging back with the group as a whole.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!