View Poll Results: Fidel Castro's type?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

    0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

    0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

    0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

    0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

    0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

    0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

    1 100.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

    0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

    0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

    0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

    0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

    0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

    0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

    0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

    0 0%
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Fidel Castro

  1. #1
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Fidel Castro

    Any ideas as to type? I've seen him cited as having Fe as a leading function.











    Last edited by silke; 06-23-2014 at 01:17 AM. Reason: updated links

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he's a very clear Fe EJ.

    Lytov has him as ESFj, I think -- I tend to prefer ENFj (yes, another one -- I know), but he seems too .

    So, ESFj-Fe or ENFj-Fe. I prefer the latter.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    god, yes, i agree with ESFj. if not that, ENFj. Fe to the max.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mom is ESFj so i have very intence one near me
    He is not like my mom
    So well more 1 ENFj arising masses and being "spiritual leader" and stuff
    um my type goes popular
    i not surprised
    Ni Creative

    there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

  5. #5
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know it's foolish to correlate socionics with the Enneagram, but ESFj and 8w9 is compatible yes? Whereas because of ENFj's 6th function, , it is unlikely that an ENFj would be an 8:

    "The individual actively pursues his external goals, but regularly experiences periods of doubt and hesitation where he needs prodding, a strong push, or forceful support from others to continue onward in the direction he has chosen.

    The individual likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors.
    "

    The problem is, how can Castro be an ENFj if he's an 8 (which I have no doubts that he is)?

  6. #6
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I know it's foolish to correlate socionics with the Enneagram, but ESFj and 8w9 is compatible yes? Whereas because of ENFj's 6th function, , it is unlikely that an ENFj would be an 8:

    "The individual actively pursues his external goals, but regularly experiences periods of doubt and hesitation where he needs prodding, a strong push, or forceful support from others to continue onward in the direction he has chosen.

    The individual likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors.
    "


    The problem is, how can Castro be an ENFj if he's an 8 (which I have no doubts that he is)?
    that doesn't go against as 6th function IMO

    6. The Activation Function: a person's activity on this function depends on the surrounding; when this function is "energized" by others – his/her activity may even sometimes exceed activity of other people, and when it is not – the activity disappears without leaving a trace.

  7. #7
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    that doesn't go against as 6th function
    That is Se as a 6th function:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    The individual actively pursues his external goals, but regularly experiences periods of doubt and hesitation where he needs prodding, a strong push, or forceful support from others to continue onward in the direction he has chosen.

    The individual likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors.
    When does an 8 need a strong push when regularly experiencing periods of doubt and hesitation? An 8 is the strong push. Thus, an LIE and an 8 are basically not compatible because of it. That's why I'm surprised that Expat reached the conclusion that he was not only ENTj (fair enough) but an 8 too. Perhaps 6w5 (sx cp6w5s can look like 8s).

  8. #8
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    that doesn't go against as 6th function
    That is Se as a 6th function:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    The individual actively pursues his external goals, but regularly experiences periods of doubt and hesitation where he needs prodding, a strong push, or forceful support from others to continue onward in the direction he has chosen.

    The individual likes to be involved in competitive and challenging endeavors and to see his will and personal power develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people. However, he depends on others to provide the gusto and motivation for these endeavors.
    When does an 8 need a strong push when regularly experiencing periods of doubt and hesitation? An 8 is the strong push. Thus, an LIE and an 8 are basically not compatible because of it. That's why I'm surprised that Expat reached the conclusion that he was not only ENTj (fair enough) but an 8. Perhaps 6w5 (sx cp6w5s can look like 8s).
    oh I thought that was a description of an ennegram 8 (I don't do ennegram )

  9. #9
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahaha.

    Enneagram's great. You should try it sometime. Despite it's esoteric origins, it's actually a very good way of looking at different kinds of people and their motivations.

  10. #10
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    last time I tried an ennegram test I was a 5w4 but I've also gotten 4w5 and a 9 once.

  11. #11
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    last time I tried an ennegram test I was a 5w4 but I've also gotten 4w5 and a 9 once.
    Definitely in the withdrawn triad (4-5-9, as opposed to the assertive triad, 3-7-8, and the compliant triad, 1-2-6) then. I can get along with these people so long as they do what I want them to do when I need them to do so.

  12. #12
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    last time I tried an ennegram test I was a 5w4 but I've also gotten 4w5 and a 9 once.
    Definitely in the withdrawn triad (4-5-9, as opposed to the assertive triad, 3-7-8, and the compliant triad, 1-2-6) then. I can get along with these people so long as they do what I want them to do when I need them to do so.
    hey you keep me stoned and I'm there buddy

  13. #13
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    That's why I'm surprised that Expat reached the conclusion that he was not only ENTj (fair enough) but an 8 too. Perhaps 6w5 (sx cp6w5s can look like 8s).
    I identify with 8 due the aspect of "not wanting to be dominated" rather than "dominate".

    If I look at the progression of levels of health, I see myself "sinking" much more along 8 than along 6.

    If you want to see a description of me, then Stratiyevskaya's ENTj description, especially the one revised and with my comments -- that's me to an astonishing accurate degree. No enneagram type comes close.

    But I can see the case for sx cp6x5, especially from the point of view of an ESTp (as I think you probably are) -- I have "too much " and "too little ".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  14. #14
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But the thing that characterises the 6 is the fear, doubt, worry and hesitation in large doses. If that's not evident to others, you could be a 6w5. If you don't identify with that at all, you're probably not a 6. But yeah, like you say, little Se seems odd for an 8. Nevertheless, 8w9s look very different to 8w7s. IMO, they're even more different that other types. Overall, I'm 8w7, but it's on occasion very debatable.

  15. #15
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's a six (?) part interview of Castro. It's in Spanish, but you can see his body language and the way he conducts himself.

    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  16. #16
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The synchronization is horrible, and he's talking with too many pauses. He's too tired.

    Anyway, I haven't seen any reason to doubt EIE.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's got that EIE "eye glaze" and that remorseful look you usually see EIEs having. Plus he's always talking about history or the future.

  18. #18
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    EJ: Eps are not as on the sleeve as EJs
    "On the sleeve"?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  19. #19
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    like they are all on the outside, nothing hidden sort of, Eps are more concealed sort of.
    I disagree. LSEs are EJs, and they're restrained. My brother is a SEE, and he is by no means restrained.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  20. #20
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i think you are right. i think the EJs are seemingly more reckless with energy expenditure than Eps then.
    True. EPs can control how relaxed they are, for example.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    istj

  22. #22
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default x

    I think ENFj goes. as leading function: his very long monologues and his emotionality are well know. Speaking on as polr: Look at Castro's bad health and his attempts to appear forceful and healthy on TV, and don't miss his horrible outfit, which reflects beta quadra values ("everlasting conflict")

    He's trying to show his sporty side



    He's trying to show his serious side
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  23. #23
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFj w/o a doubt... Ever watched his rambling speeches..? Ni creative in action.

  24. #24
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    ENFj w/o a doubt... Ever watched his rambling speeches..? Ni creative in action.
    Yeah, Ni-ENFj seems pretty good from the first pic.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  25. #25
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFj sp/so, in some portions of the videos he seems rather high-strung which would be Fe sub but not sure really

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •