Thread: My best friend

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My best friend

I recently posted on another thread about me recently learning that she's an ESTj (she tested as an ESTj in MBTI and Socionics tests, and she gets along well with ENFps in general).

*Too agreeable and easygoing. She always go with the majority and doesn't seem to have an opinion of her own in making small decisions. For instance, whenever I asked her where we shoud eat, she would always let me make the decisions and seem to be ok with anything which I suggested. I slowly became fed up over the years and decided to let her make the decision for once. I wasted an hour waiting for her to think of somewhere to eat, until I finally relented and made the decision instead. She commented once that I always seem to like going to familiar restaurants and eating the same stuff, but she didn't help me by suggesting new places to eat 'cos she knows that I don't care much about stuff like that.

*No concept of spirituality. She doesn't like to discuss about God, religion and spirituality 'cos the topic makes her uncomfortable since she's an atheist. She seems to have a very strong conviction about her current belief even though she knows nothing about spirituality and religion. However, she likes to read up about astrology and constantly attributes her behaviour (eg. indecisiveness) to her star sign.

*Loves to read chick lit and watch "mindless movies" (her way of describing the movies she enjoys watching). She mentioned that she preferred to be entertained rather analyze and critic a movie.

*Dislikes small talk (this is what I like about her 'cos I dislike small talk as well and prefer to go straight to the topic). Whenever she calls me, she would go straight to the point and hang up after she has gotten her message across. We always talk about serious stuff like studies, work and making money, but she enjoys talking about celebrities' gossips as well, which I find are meaningless. Thanks to her, my current knowledge of goss is extensive.

*Her hobbies are watching VCDs, reading chick lits and rollerblading. She seems to be good at everything but she always downplay her abilities.

*She does things fast eg. eating and talking. When I first got to know her ten years ago, I was the one who approached her then. She likes to ramble and talks like a speeding bullet. She seems to like to tell stories about her primary school life ('cos we were in secondary school back then). To be honest, I couldn't make out what she said 'cos she just rambles on without considering whether I'm understanding her line of thoughts. However, she seems like a nice and unassuming girl, so I ended up becoming friends with her.

*She likes conventionality and stability. She is realistic about her abilities and preference and is good at choosing organizations (schools, companies) where she believes she can fit into their culture, despite the prestige attached to them. Moreover, she took Accountancy because of good career advancement and there is a guaranteed job for her upon completion of her studies.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Describe her relationships, or, her take on relationships, if she has any.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Describe her relationships, or, her take on relationships, if she has any.
    She's not in a romantic relationship at the moment and is not the type who dates around. She wants to find a guy who loves her more than she loves him, basically someone who contributes more in the relationship. As for her other relationships with family and friends, she's rather a passive person. I'm always the one calling her (and other close friends) and asking them out and planning what we should do.