Thread: funny INTj story :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default funny INTj story :)

This is from my INTj friend's blog. He's a manager at a bookstore, which is all you need to know.

My second customer of the day was this lady who I'd assisted with a return w/o receipt from a couple days prior. Late 40s, early 50s, wearing a short white skirt, matching white dress jacket over a very very low cut red blouse (this is relevant to this part of the story, trust me)...
    OK, so here's the best part. At this point, she looks at the two books in her hand and comments that they are a lot of money. Then, I shit you not, she looks up at me, giving me a sly smile and starts playing with her necklace around her neck (a crucifix, BTW), slowly moving her hand down her chest. She then proceeds to slowly pull her shirt aside, keeping eye contact with me, exposing her full breast, keeping only a finger tip over her nipple. Simultaneously, she says softly, "Is there any chance I could get a discount on these?"

Yeah. Sorta-MILF boobs right there. In hindsight, I couldn't contemplate how one should react to that. But at the time, I guess I was in business mode and even suntanned (but tanline-less) large areola-ed breast couldn't sway me from my job. Without a moment's hesitation (despite taking a good, hard glance at the exposed breast), I said the following:

"I don't think I can get you a discount, however, if you were to get a membership, you could save 20% on that hardcover book and 10% on that paperback. It only costs $25 a year and if you spend more than, say, $120 a year with B&N or B Dalton bookstores and websites, then you'd more than make up the difference."

BAM, I am a badass. I cannot be phased. Show me a tit, regardless of the size, and my salesman stride shall not be wavered. She chuckled and slowly covered herself back up and said, "OK, then,"...and she said it very politely, despite her exposure not getting anymore than a momentary consideration. She didn't get the membership, but she DID buy the books.
    Who the hell needs when you have ? I was so proud of him.
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does that have to do with Ti and Ne?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the witty, creative response was a good use of . More than anything else, but perhaps this is because I have a skewed perception of . I associate it with quirky, smart humor.
    Anyway, my point is that he could have shouted at the woman and told her to get out of his face, but he deflected her nicely with his dry, deadpan remark.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not see it as a matter of 'creativity' in terms of using , but rather, just sticking to your duty. Perhaps more than anything. Actually, if he had no confidence in himself or was pliable, he would have just caved. So Saying "who needs " also seems out of place.

It seems more a matter of moral fiber and a sense of "that would be incorrect", over finding some great creative excuse to be polite about something. But you know him better than I do.

BAM, I am a badass. I cannot be phased. Show me a tit, regardless of the size, and my salesman stride shall not be wavered
    --- seems more a testament to IJ imperturbability, rather than being creative and being polite to someone.

Personally speaking, I enjoy being put in situations where my imperturbability and immovability on matters is needed - a sense of responsibility somewhat, because I am most confident in certain principles of how things should go.

If I were in his shoes, I would feel more like: "No chance - it doesn't matter if she was 30 years old, defending the truth and not corrupting yourself or the company you represent takes precedence". There are some profiles where it says "will not allow himself to act like a cad" - and in this way, I see an LII feeling proud of himself for acting honourably, rather than giving into lying, corruption, temptation, and so on.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    I thought the witty, creative response was a good use of . More than anything else, but perhaps this is because I have a skewed perception of . I associate it with quirky, smart humor.
    Anyway, my point is that he could have shouted at the woman and told her to get out of his face, but he deflected her nicely with his dry, deadpan remark.

,....but I can see how you, as an INFp, would appreciate someone being flexible and polite to find your way around tricky situations, as that is what you may try to do yourself.

Creepy-bg

pfffft... I would have given her the discount

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a free sample of Dix Mouthwash.

Creepy-bg

oh she deffinately would have gotten the Dix alright! :wink:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--- seems more a testament to IJ imperturbability, rather than being creative and being polite to someone.
    Indeed. But think about how an ISxj might have handled it. This is an unexpected situation, which I'm sure set the Ne gears a-spinning, leading to the impersonal (Ti) yet hilarious resolution. This is such a good representation of INTj humor I barely know where to begin...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    This is an unexpected situation, which I'm sure set the Ne gears a-spinning, leading to the impersonal (Ti) yet hilarious resolution. This is such a good representation of INTj humor I barely know where to begin...
    Agree. Such a natural response to the situation (for an INTj).
    Yeah. Though actually, I could see that as ENTj humor too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I said my friend deflected the woman's remark "nicely," I didn't mean it in the friendly, amiable sense. I meant that he "did a nice job," or "nice work." In other words, he handled the situation well.

And when I said "who needs ?," I was implying that one can back someone off/diffuse a situation using intelligence instead of aggression.

Anyway, I'm glad y'all enjoyed this crazy anecdote.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

He may be a badass, but he has given an example of why the INTj breeding project is doomed to fail...

(...but work on the INTj cloning project will continue....Mwahaha! Ooh, technology - its shiny and everything).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would've done the same except ask for her number.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably would have told her I'd get my own store discount and then slept with her that night when I met up to give her the books she wanted. :wink:
    Then post about it here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah right. I know I can do better than a 40-50 year old MILF (and so can you) - she would have to make me take her number, I would never ask for it. Besides, she is just trying to use you for getting a deal on books - why stoop yourself to wanting to date someone who is trying to use you?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Yeah right. I know I can do better than a 40-50 year old MILF (and so can you) - she would have to make me take her number, I would never ask for it. Besides, she is just trying to use you for getting a deal on books - why stoop yourself to wanting to date someone who is trying to use you?
    whoa whoa whoa, whoever said date. it's not so much of a "i can do better thing: More of a "hmm, why not" :wink:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was mostly referring to the two INTj posts before your own.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was mostly referring to the two INTj posts before your own.
    lol, ah...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    whoa whoa whoa, whoever said date. it's not so much of a "i can do better thing: More of a "hmm, why not" :wink:
    Ditto. Your phone list can never be too full for the ladies UDP I mean, cmon dude, she's a milf.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Ditto. Your phone list can never be too full for the ladies UDP I mean, cmon dude, she's a milf.
    exactly... nothing wrong with the 40-50 hotties.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pride.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pride.
    You're still young enough that pride gets in the way, later on down the road you may not put as much emphasis on it, like some of us.

When i was a teenager I wanted nothing more than to hook up with one of my best friends mom. What's the difference between then and now? Now i'm at an age where I wouldn't think bad about it if I did it. Don't get me wrong... It's not like i'm gonna go out and just hook up with any 40-50 yr old woman. It would still have to be something I want. :wink:

Creepy-bg

they know tricks by that age and can rock your world better than most younger girls :wink:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would I settle for a 50 year old when I can have something much better? If you want to chase something like that, go ahead - I will not get in your way.

Creepy-bg

Why would I settle for a 50 year old when I can have something much better? If you want to chase something like that, go ahead - I will not get in your way.
    dude you got your priorties mixed up

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine how you look to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    exactly... nothing wrong with the 40-50 hotties.
    Unless she's had several kids already. By then I hear it's like trying to throw a hotdog down a hallway.

That was probably in bad taste.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is always the back door to explore