Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Handwriting Analysis as a diagnostic tool

I don't know if this has been linked before - I don't think it has - we've had quite a lot of topics on handwriting though. Here's an article by Inessa Goldberg:

Handwriting Analysis as a diagnostic tool

Sample 1, if I'm reading it right, is that of a INTj - it looks incredibly similar to my writing .

Actually, this is the page I found it from:
    here

There's lots of examples of handwriting of INTjs and ENTjs there (why those types? - must still be developing it) - apparently socioniko.net did an experiment and we were not told - oh well. There's lots of Russian articles on there that aren't in English I didn't know anything about - how come noone told me?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hard to say based on the limited samples. i was recently told my handwriting is very difficult to read...so i try to type a lot.

i get lazy about making all the loops and curliques, very Ne. to read my writing you have to look at the general idea of it or something lol.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

Default Re: Handwriting Analysis as a diagnostic tool

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    There's lots of Russian articles on there that aren't in English I didn't know anything about - how come noone told me?
    shit now they're all going to have to be moved...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    There's lots of Russian articles on there that aren't in English I didn't know anything about - how come noone told me?
    shit now they're all going to have to be moved...
    Fuckers...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sample 1, if I'm reading it right, is that of a INTj - it looks incredibly similar to my writing .
    I wish my handwritting was that neat.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    I meant this writing just to clarify - is that neat ? That kind of writing is barely readable to me unless I know what it says .

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should post some samples of our handwriting...curious about this.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    We should post some samples of our handwriting...curious about this.
    I suggest you write out a poem or a song you like, because it guarantees a wide variety of er...stuff, as well as relatively equal lines, and comparisons with rhyming words etc. - I don't think I can be arsed with the scanner today, so maybe some other time .

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, a little something I wrote up, the permanent marker doesn't have enough ink to write a poem :wink:

I am a dork, i know this.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...andwriting.jpg

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

O.K., so I went to all the trouble...*moan*

This first scan isn't very good - it's from a notebook of mine (one of the few surviving ) - when I make notes, which is most of the time I write, I write like this (with unjoined writing - I tend to write larger and just generally go apeshit on plain paper though:

This is some joined up writing of some song lyrics I did today - I rarely write joined up (i.e. neat for me), what with the invention of computers and all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    I meant this writing just to clarify - is that neat ? That kind of writing is barely readable to me unless I know what it says .
    My point was that my handwriting is much more illegible.
    Damn the faceless innuendoless world of computers.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Creepy-bg

I print... mixing caps and noncaps without rhyme or reason. I also throw in crazy shorthand like spelling straight str8 and sometimes drawing and eye instead of the letter I. It drove my underlings at Michaels mad until they learned how to read my notes from the other employees. lol... good stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fascinating thread! Thanks for posting to those pages and sharing your samples.

I wonder how "unusual" the scripts for some of the "undecided" and oft-wavering types might be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dad's handwriting. mine is a little similar.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As ya'll are doing this, don't forget that there are usually vast differences between one's handwriting for one's self (notes, lists, etc) vs one's handwriting for others to read.

Usually analysts request writing that was intended for others to read, such as a letter to the editor or a loved one, etc.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    As ya'll are doing this, don't forget that there are usually vast differences between one's handwriting for one's self (notes, lists, etc) vs one's handwriting for others to read.

Usually analysts request writing that was intended for others to read, such as a letter to the editor or a loved one, etc.

ahaha. my father's is the perfect sample, then. he actually told me specifically he took a lot of time to write this well as he thought maybe someone else would find the book and read the poem. he's a doctor and thus this is neat penmanship for him (pharmacists/nurses are usually his broadest audience and they can pretty much read anything, i'm fairly convinced.)

i'll have to find some of my own handwriting that was intended for public eye. i admit, i write a lot more neatly when i'm writing something that i know someone else will read.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implied:

Just some quick notes:

Downstrokes > horizontal strokes: signifies strength of will > releasing of emotions

Upper zone nearly identical with middle zone, lower zone exaggerated compared to the other zones: strong sense of intellect in daily life and social self; a slight exaggeration in instinctual self and unconscious drives . The former is natural to him, the latter is a bit more foreign. (I lack enough studying to go deeper into this one.)

Line slant is even (but how he holds his paper/book can show line slang in the actual process of writing…which won't be shown on the paper itself…think paper tilt.): Either he is quite self-controlled and steady, or he makes adjustments in his self or his environment to achieve an image (self or public) of controlled steadiness.

Stays on the line but not tightly, more relaxed and allowing some flow: dependable and straightforward while not being too rigid nor fear of losing control.

Writing slant is leftward but not extreme: reserved, cautious, a bit selfish; analytic and independent. A bit of a hang-up regarding the past; delayed or seemingly superficial emotional reactions. (basically he's not very emotionally expressive in public..holding it back)

Pen pressure is even and firm: he has an active and strong ego, with a forceful and energetic personality.

Spacing between the lines, the words, and even the letters within the words are even and a bit wide: slight distrust and/or isolation. He seems to have a need for privacy and distance from others.

Neat and even rhythm: shows balance and regularity in personality.

Simplicity in letters but with a few extravagances: maturity and practicality… (I've not yet studied extravagances in lettering yet….but his aren't too extravagant…so while to him it might be a bit much…most others would likely consider it rather mundane.)

Disconnected letters: reliance upon instinct and intuition, he is independent and individualistic…..(which may or may not be considered a good thing by those near him).

Basically, when we look at the overall picture, he's a man who is independent, active, dependable, straightforward and believes in strength of will (self-control) over expressing of emotions. He is adaptable in terms of self-control, but maintains a balanced and regular personality.

Based on the handwriting alone, I would guess a J type, TJ, likely Te over Ti so an ExTJ.
    I want to say TeNi, but I can see an argument in the handwriting for TeSi. Both Ni and Si could be what's leading to the regularity in spacing between lines, between words, and between letters. But I'm leaning more towards Ni for some unknown reason.

There could also be arguments for IJ temperatment, most likely ISTj (I'm having difficulty seeing an Ne ego writing this ... evenly. But I really think Gamma NT more likely.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the quality, I just happened to have this picture on the computer. I was playing with the new Canon camera a few months ago and later copied the pictures on the computer. I tried to improve the sharpness a bit. An assignment in English, I rewrote the text to improve grammar.

Intuition:

Niteobraznost' and the changeability of forms, fluctuation in inclination and base of letters. Maximum simplification (almost not letter, but hints on them), weak pressure, thin lines. Nonstandardness and improvisation in the style, the interletter spaces and in the connections between them. There are many "voids".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I love graph paper... if I could figure out how to make a fetish out it I would

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the quality, I just happened to have this picture on the computer. I was playing with the new Canon camera a few months ago and later copied the pictures on the computer. I tried to improve the sharpness a bit. An assignment in English, I rewrote the text to improve grammar.
    I'll see your Biology and raise you 2 Maths. Mathss.

These are my overly-concise math notes from freshman year (honestly, it's the only writing I could find).

(I miss niffweed. )

Creepy-bg

ROFLMAO for a minute there I thought it said "Divide u fucker!" on the first page

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have a scanner present, but my handwriting is generally much neater than other INTjs, or at least the ones who have shown their handwriting thus far, but I have developed an unusual grip for my pen for extra stability and typically write quite small and in print since I find most cursive to be illegible.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thehotelambush, hahhaa you win, because my text wasn't even about hardcore molecular biology or anything. Weak compared to math. Your handwriting reminds me of an ENFp's handwriting, but it might have something to do with how they teach writing in USA.

U.S.A.:
    Estonia:

( I miss Niffweed too)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I like that ENFp's writing.

That 'Estonian' writing looks like my writing when my school (age 7-11) made us write with these fancy fountain pens - I had to try avoid making my writing too tight, otherwise it would have looked liked a giant splodge (I'll see if I find a sample if I can be bothered to climb up the loft later).

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U.S.A.:
    Almost looks like some sort of work of art to me...the lines..