Thread: Super Ego relations?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Super Ego relations?

I believe the two people I am going to allude two are the same type, but I am not sure:
    [hr:b207f75f97]

Nothing unusual about him, "average" mostly - average guy. Works as a carpenter or similar. Whenever I interact with him, or used to, things would go well, and we would get along well. But sometimes I would say something, and it would be taken the wrong way, or, because I have more point/bite on how I pronounce my words sometimes, it comes off as threatening, or with a different meaning than I intend. This person a few times would get that way. He was also somewhat defensive, in regard to his girlfriend being very... appreciative of working with me. We would meet in a classroom/work meeting situation, and his girlfriend - who I have no interest in, and who in no way was coming on to me - is just a very kind individual. Perhaps Fe creative, possibly INFj but more likely irrational on her part. It seemed like her compliments of me irritated him though. This person I can see as somewhat defensive-minded, so, in his mind, I could see him seeing me as someone who thinks I am better than him, as well as trying to get his girl.

He seems "S", and perhaps T. ESTp? I am not sure - seems unlikely, but possibly. Not ISTj. Possibly ISTp, maybe ISFj. Not alpha.

Both types of people seem somewhat traditional. Athletic, sensory focus. Somewhat "common folk" - but that is just the vibe I get from them ----- which may very well be just my own personal bias. I am not sure why I feel this way about them however. Person 1 seems slightly more aggressive, and person 2 seems more ethically orientated. One possibility is person 1 being an Se ISFj, and person 2 being an Fi ISFj.

Fi ISFj...
    MORALIST
    Ethical subtype usually produces the impression of modest, delicate and soft person, but in the soul it is fundamental, exacting and distrustful. It it is difficult in by anything to reconvince. It can be obstinate and intractable. We wound, it is punctilious and does not love itself to tie. It is internally critical, it approaches all with the high moral measures, although not always this it voices. If we catch its principles, it unexpectedly can show nature, becoming sharp and obstinate. It is industrious and practical. It is thorough and tedious in the work. It demonstrates good manners, he tries to be graceful and elegant. It dresses with the taste, but are somewhat monotonous. View is soft, at times is fearful, which tests. In the contact with others - this is sincere, affable, thoughtful and courteous person.
    This one I always seem to set the wrong way by accident. I was asked to play checkers with him by his long term girlfriend, and I said no, but it likely offended him, because I said it in what sounded like a haughty way. (When really, my hesitation comes from my dislike of playing any sort of a board-game, and nothing to do with him). This individual I like very much as a person, and for what he does on behalf of his family, but I seem to frequently make ethical mistakes, for which he makes a quick and severe, although repressed, reaction. My fear is that I have already become a jerk in his eyes, and I know how gammas tend to see people in binary terms, jerk or good guy.

He is currently in the armed service, and goes about things in a relatively traditional way it seems. He married young, and already has a son, which he takes care of very well - is a good mother so to say. May be married to his identical, though I am not sure of her type. He is athletic and has "S" eyes. Exudes a trustworthy energy.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be noted that in a general sense, I get along with ISFjs fairly well (the ones I know for sure). But these two above -- I interacted with them on shakey Fe grounds: I was not secure in the Fe atmosphere when I had my "bad moments" with them. It almost seems like my ethical blunders would offset them or feel like I was challenging them.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick's Site: SuperEgo relations
    Each partner is the embodiment of many qualities the other wishes he had and tries unsuccessfully to develop in himself. Talking about these respective strengths can be enthralling if partners find interest in each other. If partners have a common mission, they cover each others' weak areas, making for a powerful team. However, close cooperation and ironing out details is difficult, as partners can't agree on principles. Conflicts and disagreements between super-ego partners are out in the open and are usually discussed very vocally, at times causing heated arguments without a clear winner.
    That may be the case in regard to the two people I mention above.

I wonder, does what I describe sound like your experience with your superego somewhat?