Thread: EIEs/ENFjs and studies in political science and biology

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIEs/ENFjs and studies in political science and biology

I've noticed that ENFjs may gravitate toward studies in political science as well as biological disciplines such as microbiology and genetics at university. Have others noticed this too?

For example, once I was shocked to walk into a poli sci class, only to discover a clear majority of ENFjs taking the class. Seems likely, though, upon reflection - given the type's preferences.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't doubt it. Also, there are quite a few in the Business school at my university.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENFjs & Biology, Poli Sci

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    I've noticed that ENFjs may gravitate toward studies in political science as well as biological disciplines such as microbiology and genetics at university. Have others noticed this too?

For example, once I was shocked to walk into a poli sci class, only to discover a clear majority of ENFjs taking the class. Seems likely, though, upon reflection - given the type's preferences.

Sure, the ENFJs I have met have been in Polic Sci, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Medicine.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see political science, but why biology in particular?

One thing I find odd about polisci kids from the class I took last year is that it's pretty rare to find one that's actually stoked on their major, or who especially likes politics in general. Debate classes consisted of a majority of kids whining about the readings being too boring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand

One thing I find odd about polisci kids from the class I took last year is that it's pretty rare to find one that's actually stoked on their major, or who especially likes politics in general. Debate classes consisted of a majority of kids whining about the readings being too boring.
    I don't know why biology - but it could be true... I randomly met a gorgeous ENFj who sat next to me in the library during exam time last year. She was a chiropractic student, studying for a biology unit. It was just so comfortable, we ended up talking for a little bit which I enjoyed, and it felt qutie comfortable. Wasn't even trying to find things to talk about, I was just being myself. Hope she didn't think I was a boring accounting/law student.
    ISTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be true, for Fe subtype at least, because ENFj have one trait - most developed Empathy than other types, so it actually fits to Biology studying...

Ni subtype more in Arts and History afaik
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen them pretty much everywhere. I think they are probably the most flexible type in terms of academics, since they have good Ni and Ti and not bad Te.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I've seen them pretty much everywhere. I think they are probably the most flexible type in terms of academics, since they have good Ni and Ti and not bad Te.
    Yeah, I think that's right. I generally see ENFjs interested in politics and law, but I know one who is a really amazing computer programmer (he specializes in security - which seems like a Beta thing).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Yeah, I think that's right. I generally see ENFjs interested in politics and law, but I know one who is a really amazing computer programmer (he specializes in security - which seems like a Beta thing).
    Yeah I know an ENFj which is a gymnastics student, and another one which is a maths student. Go figure...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems reasonable to assume that if an ENFj is going to choose a science, s/he may be more inclined to pick a biological one because of its most immediate "ethical" interests versus some other, harder sciences.

Notice I said immediately ...

(as, e.g., cosmology certainly has some bearing on human values ... )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorc
    ... ENFj have one trait - most developed Empathy than other types ...
    I strongly disagree with this.

Intellectually, perhaps this is true. But from a heart level? No.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems reasonable to assume that if an ENFj is going to choose a science, s/he may be more inclined to pick a biological one because of its most immediate "ethical" interests versus some other, harder sciences.
    Hah, true - I met a Fe type last term who wanted to get a zoology degree for that reason. I don't think that will sustain her, but whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly from heart level...spiritual ...... read meged and socionics at all, and learn people around you, and knowing my persona i know how i can sometimes being empthetic to personas who can hurt me even, cause they are human still, and at job ones who making me feel not good sometimes and i may call them fucktards , after it , at end of day i telling them and wishing them good evening from FULL HEART, excusing inside for me being rude during day. (even in case they were really wronmg and my rudiness was in place)
    Its very from heart level. Btw as you know ENFj is type of artists. You know, if you creating stuff not from heart, not from feeling (even if its bad emotions) - you fail and your art is worth shit. That why ENFjs hurrying to EXPRESS all what they have - cause they really have it in heart. And then other things may come. ENFj can be bit agressive and pushy and stuff and bit mad only with those about who they really care. If they dont care/ hurt alot/ annoyed - they dont care - they or hurt, of remove you from their list , erasing you.

I dont know what type you are but you dude talking shit in this case , and i would not go ant tell to ISTp even you not mysterious/strnge/insightfull you only look like, well may be you in some planes is , but at deep level you not <<<<< THIS IS SAME BULSHIT.

And well who you are to tell me that i am not actingfrom heart? did you even saw me? You think there only chosen guys "acting from heart"?
    And how you desrcibe that ENFj is most selfsacrificial type?
    That who donk know about basic maths will tell that physics is shit.

And.. I readed alot of your posts on forum.... As you said you dont like ENFj celebs.... and etc..... and i think you just mistyped your P with J and i think you just Delta quadra, astalsilky

Have fun.
    Ni Creative

3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that could be true for all ethical types (though bio does emphasize Te more than Ti).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I study biology because I admire the interconnected web that nature is. It's a web of processes which fits together in a perfect harmony. In ecology, the even the number of beetles is affected by the amount of water that plants get. In molecular biology, there are signal pathways that depend on the fragile balance of EVERYTHING. It's all so precise, it's all so perfect, it's all so huge and magnificent.

The web can be admired with Ti/Fe world view and the processes inside the web can be admired with Ni+ dynamic world view. Biology is perfect for ENFjs.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I study biology because I admire the interconnected web that nature is. It's a web of processes which fits together in a perfect harmony. In ecology, the even the number of beetles is affected by the amount of water that plants get. In molecular biology, there are signal pathways that depend on the fragile balance of EVERYTHING. It's all so precise, it's all so perfect, it's all so huge and magnificent.

The web can be admired with Ti/Fe world view and the processes inside the web can be admired with Ni+ dynamic world view. Biology is perfect for ENFjs.
    Where are you at in your studies?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you at in your studies?
    You mean how far? I'll probably finish my master's degree next year. Or where did I specialize? I'm taking all of my courses in the molecular biology institute and I'm doing my experiments on plants. I might love ecology the most, but I don't see much future for myself in ecology. In the molecular approach I can study things that no one has ever seen before (because the methods improve very fast), but I feel like in ecology, I'd be doing experiments slightly from a different angle than hundreds of people before me and I would get results that could be interpreted in hundreds of ways because of the complexity of nature. I'll let the ENTps deal with those uncertain areas and I, myself will do something with a more guaranteed result - I'm comparing plant mutants in a laboratory!

So basically, ENFjs like to follow their heart indeed, but only if it's practical. Or better yet - ENFjs will find the concrete and practical approach every time they chace a dream.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically, ENFjs like to follow their heart indeed, but only if it's practical. Or better yet - ENFjs will find the concrete and practical approach every time they chace a dream.
    confirm as well
    aven me being artist deep in concepts ideas and stuff i always check practical side and using very practical approach to do, use and finish things i create. (i working as textile/fashion graphic/artist + also can do lots of things in this particular field and some adjacent)
    Ni Creative

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The web can be admired with Ti/Fe world view and the processes inside the web can be admired with Ni+ dynamic world view. Biology is perfect for ENFjs
    I'm interested in the idea that interest in Biology could be type-related.

Biology is by far my worst subject, probably because I didn't study it in depth before I enter college. I would have enjoyed the subject better if I'm learning it as part of a Health Sciences major (eg. Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy), rather than approaching it as a theoretical subject (eg. General Biology).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was to go into sciences again, it would be Bio. I have debated on whether or not to minor in Bio for some time.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

The web can be admired with Ti/Fe world view and the processes inside the web can be admired with Ni+ dynamic world view. Biology is perfect for ENFjs
    I'm interested in the idea that interest in Biology could be type-related.

Biology is by far my worst subject, probably because I didn't study it in depth before I enter college. I would have enjoyed the subject better if I'm learning it as part of a Health Sciences major (eg. Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy), rather than approaching it as a theoretical subject (eg. General Biology).
    Biology students who I've typed - one ENFj (me), ISTj, INTjs, ENTps, a couple of INFjs, an INTp, many ISFjs, at least one ENFp, a classic INFp, many ISFps.
    It might be type-related, but I'm more inclined to think that ENFjs would just have ENFj-ish reasons to like biology and INTjs would have INTj-ish reasons. It wouldn't mean that ENFjs like it more than INTjs. We just like it differently.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean how far? Or where did I specialize?
    Haha, both - that's why I left it vague, hoping you would fill in the blanks... which you did, so rad on you.

I'll probably finish my master's degree next year. I'm taking all of my courses in the molecular biology institute and I'm doing my experiments on plants. I might love ecology the most, but I don't see much future for myself in ecology. In the molecular approach I can study things that no one has ever seen before (because the methods improve very fast), but I feel like in ecology, I'd be doing experiments slightly from a different angle than hundreds of people before me and I would get results that could be interpreted in hundreds of ways because of the complexity of nature. I'll let the ENTps deal with those uncertain areas and I, myself will do something with a more guaranteed result - I'm comparing plant mutants in a laboratory!
    In the sense where ecology deals with the larger 'web', and the (more rigorous) molecular approach of specific organisms where the degree of uncertainty is much smaller and more manageable?

I had no interest in biology prior to two months ago when I started the first of two intro courses, but over that short span of time I came to realize I could have easily majored in it. As it is, I'm wondering if I won't someday pair my degree path (geology) with biosciences to pursue some area of paleontology/paleobotany. Mmm, paleozoic gymnosperms....

...so whenever I find out someone is involved in the biological sciences, I enjoy hearing about what they're doing.