Thread: Alphas and "The Journey"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alphas and "The Journey"

UDP has mentioned this before within the context of LIIs being on a kind of "quest" for truth, but I think it applies to all Alpha types.

I think a big part of Alpha quadra is the idea of life as a kind of adventure or journey. With repressed Ni and Te, Alpha types are hesitant to take and apply life advice from other people because they prefer to experience life for themselves, letting it "unfold" in front of them as opposed to looking forward and anticipating things. Instead, with Ne and Ti, they prefer to assimilate new experiences and build a "system," or idea of how life works, for themselves.

With repressed Se and Fi, they refuse to see others as "authorities" in terms of knowing what's best for them, even when it comes to close friends or family. Instead, with Si and Fe, they want to experience life as an emotional journey, tackling obstacles as they come and enjoying life on the way instead of always trying to prepare for what's next.

Also, as the "child" Quadra, Alpha types have to start from the beginning and go through all the paces; no skipping steps along the way.

But beyond all of that, it's a feeling, a feeling of being on a journey, going somewhere without knowing where, just living in the world, footloose and fancy-free.

Do other Alpha types identify with this at all?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilly you're on to something here. i can relate to this pretty well. i have actually spent my entire (43) years not listening to anybody and going through changes for myself. my aunt called me unconventional over the weekend.

at times i have wished that i would have listened, but i never change my ways about this.

*this is the best part of the trip, the part i really like.....* hahaha

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha is my new favourite quadra. Really.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

editing
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But beyond all of that, it's a feeling, a feeling of being on a journey, going somewhere without knowing where, just living in the world, footloose and fancy-free.
    Footloose and fancy free sounds much more ENTp than INTj, but I know what you mean. I have spent my whole life developing my own take on reality, as everyone else's seems too normal or too human, or too outdated. However you touch on something central to my newly developed blog, which is linked in my signature. (It is a mixture of world events and my own story here and there, or, what I find along the way)
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep I identify with this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to avoid mistakes. I think it's getting to be obsessive.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identify with this quite well, but I cannot help but wonder how well members of other quadras would necessarily identify with this as well, though that should be less of a problem as most of this was linked to the functions themselves.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I identify with this quite well, but I cannot help but wonder how well members of other quadras would necessarily identify with this as well, though that should be less of a problem as most of this was linked to the functions themselves.
    good point.

it seems to me though that other quadras, esp gamma and delta have less of a need for this kind of independence, with the possible exception of enfp's.

beta: i'm not sure. they're such rebels.

ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, Betas come in extremes: I know SLEs and IEIs that are just about as "rebel" as it gets, but at the same time, I've met EIEs and LSIs who are staunch traditionalists, and anything but rebels.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I dunno, Betas come in extremes: I know SLEs and IEIs that are just about as "rebel" as it gets, but at the same time, I've met EIEs and LSIs who are staunch traditionalists, and anything but rebels.
    yes, quite true. since we benefact and supervise them, we sure can see their traditionalism as stodgy too. but i guess they kind of anchor the beta quadra in that way, kind of like esfj's and intj's anchor alpha quadra.

maybe the journey you're describing is more of an IP/EP temperament thing?

ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, UDP identifies with it, so I would hesitate to say that.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, UDP identifies with it, so I would hesitate to say that.
    didn't remember to look up at that post. i still think irrationals would be more comfortable with greater risk or something.

ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with that, but I'm beginning to think this might be a Ti>Te thing: not incorporating things like life advice into their "system" until they see proof of its usefulness, which is really just waiting and learning for themselves.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an insight today that made me realize that, out of everything, "the journey" is what I can count on most, the best leads for me to follow. The external situations around me change, but the journey itself is consistent. Very intuitively speaking that was, but perhaps I will elaborate on it later.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you're saying about the journey, I think it's 8th function . For the ENTps, the journey would be something they are naturally aware of. INTjs produce their journeys, ENTps accept them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    I know what you're saying about the journey, I think it's 8th function . For the ENTps, the journey would be something they are naturally aware of. INTjs produce their journeys, ENTps accept them.
    snap that's right on tcaud! sooo for isfp's and esfj's?

ILE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    INTjs produce their journeys
    Oh yes, exactly, very much so. I have been thinking about this description a lot lately...

(the first two pages that come up when you google: "conceptualizer director"
    Conceptualizer Director: These individuals consider life to be a process of maximizing achievements versus just attaining accomplishments. These achievements are maximized if they entail deep thought and profound integration of everything that they have learned. A consistent drive for self-mastery allows them to stay focused on their intentions and the more they are challenged the happier they are. Their thinking can be described as analytical, integrative and very complex. They are able to analyze a situation and build a vision that no one else could have even thought of, which allows for a natural long-range visioning to occur. In order to help others understand the vision, they will dress it up with logic because very few are able to just stay with the general concept. It is easy for them to grasp the interrelatedness of everything in their Universe and to see the reasons behind things. Maintaining their independence is important to them, because it allows them their need to be an independent thinker. The need for independence can be a problem in the interpersonal realm as people can misread it for arrogance versus the desire to come up with useful solutions that will help people in the long run. Staying on course of their vision is necessary for their very survival, and they find life dull and draining during the “lows” of that progression.
    It is extremely relevant for me. Especially in combination with this:

INTJs present a calm, decisive, and assured face to the world, though they may find it difficult to engage in social conversation. They usually don't directly express their most valued and valuable part: their creative insights. Instead, they translate them into logical decisions, opinions, and plans, which they often express clearly. Because of this, other sometimes experience INTJs as intractable, much to the surprise of the INTJ, who is very willing to change an opinion when new evidence emerges.
    Following that somewhat sacred inner journey, which seems to be related to "NI' in terms of MBTI terms, may also be linked to in socionics terms in this way (somehow). Whether or not there is any reality to that, I do not know. But the truth is, I express my inner ideas only with people close to me, and they are intuitive in nature - they are delicate and unformed. But they also, as I said above, provide what I am finding to be the only "real", consistent leads for me to follow. And yes, absolutely, it is something I produce myself. I am finding the more I produce - the more involvement I make in that way - the more I go further.

I would also wonder about this being a enneagram type 5 - to - 8 sort of thing, which I relate to a great deal.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I would also wonder about this being a enneagream type 5 - to - 8 sort of thing, which I relate to a great deal.
    Interesting. My "journey" corresponds quite well to 7 --> 5 growth.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I would also wonder about this being a enneagream type 5 - to - 8 sort of thing, which I relate to a great deal.
    Interesting. My "journey" corresponds quite well to 7 --> 5 growth.
    wow. i'm in the middle of that journey from 7 to 5; almost through 6 right now. i've noticed a lot of entp's are 7w6.

and the difference between udp (intj) and entp is the direction we face, just like for supervision and benefit rings in socionics.

ILE