Thread: Creating a social 'group'

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Creating a social 'group'

I've been doing some reading on Delta group behaviour over on the Socionics wiki at: http://wikisocion.org/~wikisoci/en/i...e=Delta_Quadra (very interesting site, by the way). Here's a quote for ya:

Groups made up of primarily Delta types tend to be focused on working on projects, enjoying physical recreation, or finding out interesting things about each other. Laughter is usually subdued and brief; instead, people smile a lot and try to be witty and welcoming. Groups need to be focused on some specific productive activity or topic of discussion, or else they fall apart. In Delta groups, there is a lot of splintering and decentralization. This allows for more focused and productive interaction with only those who share your particular interests or sentiments. People jump from small group to small group easily to keep up their interest level. No one demands that the entire group listen to one person or that everyone do the same thing. Delta Quadra types believe that if everyone just pursues their own interests and makes some accommodations for others, the group will be better off anyway. Delta Quadra types do not focusing on building group identity or unity of purpose, but prefer for the group to remain splintered and decentralized.
    I bolded the few statements that stood out to me, and that are relevent to the topic at hand. Essentially, how is this kind of group - which sounds like something I could really enjoy and use - formed and maintained? Superficially, at least, the answer lies in the first bolded section, but in that it's also lacking.

In the progression of the piece I also sense somewhat of a disconnect when the description starts talking about a need for focus for the group to survive, but that the preference for a, 'let the wind blow how it may,' attitude towards group interaction is prominent. I've seen the 'socials' (irrespective of quadra) hard at work in creating their little networks, and while I admire it, know I could never act in that manner. So based on the above quote, how is a Delta group to surivive, nevermind be formed in the first place?

If any of you enjoy a social setting that may be akin to the above, tell us about it!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing Deltas are really bad at is leadership. Delta leaders (like George W. Bush, or our own rmcnew) usually end up alienating many of their followers. I have noticed this with INFjs and ESTjs alike. So yes, Delta groups probably don't have much cohesion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    One thing Deltas are really bad at is leadership. Delta leaders (like George W. Bush, or our own rmcnew) usually end up alienating many of their followers. I have noticed this with INFjs and ESTjs alike. So yes, Delta groups probably don't have much cohesion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-25-2008 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanISTP
    Fucking INTJs.
    Fun, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, that's true. I am not a leader type figure. I like my ability to do as I please without worring on who drags me behind or screws up. If I do something that would cause catastrophy, then it's my fault and I will take the blame for it. Not have it where I take the blame for someone else's actions.
    ISTP: The clever fox
    Enneagram Type: 7 & 3 Sx
    "We of the artistic world are...the little gray foxes and all the rest are hounds."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lead everything and every group I get a hold of or take part in... I may just be a control freak though.
    It always seems to work though... :wink:
    *drunk post*

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    I lead everything and every group I get a hold of or take part in... I may just be a control freak though.
    It always seems to work though... :wink:
    *drunk post*
    All hail cracka! *bows*

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    But It always seems to work... :wink:
    *drunk post*
    All hail cracka! *bows*
    lol.

I learned a long time ago the phrase "if you want something done right, do it yourself" My own little addition to that is: "if you don't do it yourself make sure you get the right person that'll do it right" I think this is the main reason I've always been controlling when it comes to working or just getting things done in a group.

Luckily, I'm fairly good at just "knowing people" that I can usually figure out what needs to be done and who needs to do it. By using some tactful manipulation :wink: I tend to get anyone to do what it is I want them to do, thus earning me the title: A Leader that gets things done. :wink: