Thread: My Type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Type

I would like some of your opinions on my possible type.

I have been described as quietly confident. I am not loud or domineering though I am not shy and I enjoy public speaking. At times I can be a bit contrarian, not to be obnoxious but to explore a different point of view. I do not automatically assume the leader role in situations but I am quite capable if put in the position.

I am starting tertiary education and I will be working towards a career as a librarian. I was attracted to the field because it is a nice combination of things that I like: information, systems and technology. In my spare time I like to read, write and draw. I enjoy speculative fiction as well as non-fiction. I am working on a 3d animated short film at the moment. I will sometimes take on new hobbies just to try to master the basic skills and quickly lose interest soon after.

I am a list maker. I write to do lists and "plan of action" lists. Doing so tethers me to the real world (as I tend to get distracted with new ideas) and ensures I get things done. Completing tasks has been a problem in the past but I am working on that.

I find it easy to establish new relationships but hard to maintain close relationships for long periods of time. I prefer having a wide range of acquaintances, preferably people who share one of my interests to collaborate with and discuss or people with whom I can have a symbiotic relationship with to reach my goals.

I have a wide range of such friends and have relied on my best friend and partner as a sole confidant on personal matters the last six years. I initiated the relationship after first being attracted to him physically and then being attracted to his confidence, work ethic and intelligence. I act in a markedly different manner when I am with him, I can be somewhat goofy and will go to great lengths to make him laugh. I like doing things for my partner but sometimes I have to be prompted to express emotions verbally or to give hugs when they are needed. I feel guilty at times for being oblivious but he is understanding.

In stressful situations I retreat into myself and will disappear from social circles only to reappear a week or so later after I have figured things out.

I have tested as INTj and ENTp on separate occasions. I am not sure if I am either or neither. Your opinions would be much appreciated.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Type

ISTj, based on writing style and content. The only bit that makes me doubt is the part about being assertively goofy to cheer someone up, as that is not a std characteristic of the ISTjs I've known well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with INTj.

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    ISTj, based on writing style and content. The only bit that makes me doubt is the part about being assertively goofy to cheer someone up, as that is not a std characteristic of the ISTjs I've known well.
    ISTjs can be goofy in their own way, and cheering someone up is an Fe thing.

Anywho, this is what makes me think Ne>Se:

Quote Originally Posted by Caro
    At times I can be a bit contrarian, not to be obnoxious but to explore a different point of view.
    I will sometimes take on new hobbies just to try to master the basic skills and quickly lose interest soon after.
    I am a list maker. I write to do lists and "plan of action" lists. Doing so tethers me to the real world (as I tend to get distracted with new ideas) and ensures I get things done. Completing tasks has been a problem in the past but I am working on that.
    There's at least one other thing but I'm less confident it's applicable to Ne or weak Se.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you sound exactly like an intj, esp one that i know IRL.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it easy to establish new relationships but hard to maintain close relationships for long periods of time. I prefer having a wide range of acquaintances,
    this is the only thing that speaks in favor of ENTP, the rest sounds pretty much INTJ to me.

choose the word that describes you most out of the two stated :

serious / laidback

onupmanship / individualistic

ideas / development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your thoughts

In response to Jarno:

serious / laidback

There are times when I try to loosen up and be in the moment but eventually I snap out of it and take things more seriously in hopes of developing an idea or completing tasks where I have procrastinated.

I have a competitive streak but for the most part I like to just do my own thing and keep my eye on my own prize.

ideas / development

I like to speculate and explore ideas as they come but eventually I evaluate the idea in my mind, first for its uses, practicality and any glaring errors in thought and then for means of implementing the idea. So in a way the real end goal for me is to make something of the ideas. A bad habit of mine, which throws my whole system out, is that after the intense and detailed planning my drive slowly decreases and nothing gets truly accomplished.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, INTj. As Elro mentioned, this kicks Se out the door:

I will sometimes take on new hobbies just to try to master the basic skills and quickly lose interest soon after.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NT ftw. Sounds a little more IJ.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your thoughts

In response to Jarno:

serious / laidback

There are times when I try to loosen up and be in the moment but eventually I snap out of it and take things more seriously in hopes of developing an idea or completing tasks where I have procrastinated.

I have a competitive streak but for the most part I like to just do my own thing and keep my eye on my own prize.

ideas / development

I like to speculate and explore ideas as they come but eventually I evaluate the idea in my mind, first for its uses, practicality and any glaring errors in thought and then for means of implementing the idea. So in a way the real end goal for me is to make something of the ideas. A bad habit of mine, which throws my whole system out, is that after the intense and detailed planning my drive slowly decreases and nothing gets truly accomplished.
    these answers bring you even closer to INTJ.

So it has to be INTJ...