Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Deltas pretending they know everything

  1. #1
    Creepy-

    Default Deltas pretending they know everything

    why does it seem like most members of delta act like they know how to do everything. they're either scared of showing weakness (estj), pretend they know everything (istp, enfp), and i don't know about infj. it really bugs me (intp)

  2. #2
    Creepy-Guest

    Default

    Because we do know everything silly

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quadra Values.

    For one, we don't trust Ni, as Ni is the Devil. This means that we don't like believing in something just for the sake of believing in it. We are always cautious enough to hear about what other people have to say and we don't like being caught off guard.

    Then, there is Te. Te is the practical logic. We bother learning about things (everything) that we see may have a purpose, and when this is combinded with Si, we try and learn it thoroughly. Because we do this so often, we feel that we have enough knowledge on certain subjects to "teach" or help out others.

    And we enjoy helping you out because of our Fi. You're welcome.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  4. #4
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

    And we enjoy helping you out because of our Fi. You're welcome.
    That just made my day!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  5. #5
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    People who think they know EVERYTHING make us who do so upset!

    Youre welcome!
    Topaz

  6. #6

    Default

    And we enjoy helping you out because of our Fi. You're welcome. Smile
    I have to admit Rocky, I always find your messages interesting and easy to learn from since you seem to say things in a style which doesn't confound and over-complicate things but still has depth. This is making me wonder if I might really be an INFJ. When I imagine someone sexy, I kind of envision this quiet, easy going guy who likes spending weekends working on his motorcycle and likes his space but welcomes me. Of course he has a medium muscular build, wears neat, but casual clothing, and just knows how to do things. I imagine that could describe just about any type, but there is something about the ISTP I see described in profiles as appealing.

    Then again though, you mention that you see Ni as being of the devil. Which means you have some function I see as being of the devil if I'm an INFP. So I guess this could just mean that I'm attracted to the devil.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    Then again though, you mention that you see Ni as being of the devil. Which means you have some function I see as being of the devil if I'm an INFP. So I guess this could just mean that I'm attracted to the devil.
    That could be Si.


    So, do other people feel attracted towards the role function in others?

    Or is Typeless Wonder really an EII?

    Or is everyone just attracted to SLIs?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not attracted to ISFjs, at all. I just don't get along with them.

    As for your latter question, I definately have noticed that women tend to find ISTps attractive more often than other types, but I don't know.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    As for your latter question, I definately have noticed that women tend to find ISTps attractive more often than other types, but I don't know.
    That was more of a joke.

    But, do you think she could actually be EII instead of IEI? I'm not so sure, she kind of sounded IEI to me before...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  10. #10
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, she's pretty IEI.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: delta and perfection

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    why does it seem like most members of delta act like they know how to do everything. they're either scared of showing weakness (estj), pretend they know everything (istp, enfp), and i don't know about infj. it really bugs me (intp)
    Let's see...
    On the INFj side, we gather soem information, and then, either ealizing that we will never have enough or thinking that we do have enough, we make a decision, and unless you can disprove my points themselves, not disprove the "end product", I might be inclined to hang onto what I think.
    At the end of the day, however, if you feel upset about the argument, I'm willing to relent and hand you the victory, even if I'm still convinced you're wrong. That, or "bury the conflict" and hope you forget it.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  12. #12
    Creepy-

    Default

    Do ENFPs really pretend they know everything? I know I don't. People often treat me like I know everything, but it surprises me and I cannot explain how it happens. Weird but useful. It depends to a great degree on how comfortable I feel in a situation, so *sighs* it isn't like I could switch this on/off at will.

  13. #13
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is interesting about ENFPs because it depends on their surroundings. I think I know when I am out of my leauge in certain areas and then I will be submisive and ask questions or show up my ignorance to gain pity, instruction and help. Ive had many a good meal cooked for me this way Mostly I feel I can do for myself or do without but why go that route when I can see in others great capabilites and eagerness to use them. Who doesnt love helping someone in an area of confidence?
    Sometimes I'll put together information that I picked up from God knows where to stimulate conversation. Once I was talking to this guy (geeky NT) and I made a reference to caos theory which I read about in Jurrasic Park. He love the subject and told me tons of stuff that he researched. I listened intently because it was so facinating, asking questions all the while. Later I was able to insert what he told me in another conversation (with some geeks) and they ate it up and got all excited. fun fun fun.
    This all sounds a bit unethical but dont take it too seriously. No geeks were harmed in the experiment.

    Topaz

  14. #14
    Creepy-

    Default

    thanks guys this is all so facinating

    (original questioner)

  15. #15
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Perhaps our distiguished guest would like to say something about him/her self? What brought on your question and what is your type? Dont be shy. You see I dont know everything

    Topaz

  16. #16
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    This is interesting about ENFPs because it depends on their surroundings. I think I know when I am out of my leauge in certain areas and then I will be submisive and ask questions or show up my ignorance to gain pity, instruction and help. Ive had many a good meal cooked for me this way Mostly I feel I can do for myself or do without but why go that route when I can see in others great capabilites and eagerness to use them. Who doesnt love helping someone in an area of confidence?
    Is that why NTs think ENFPs and ESFPs are lovable idiots? We are, but only when we're around you guys. Soon as your backs are turned we sigh and settle down again to our interesting discussion about particle physics.

  17. #17
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did you hear this one?: OK so this Lepton walks into a bar and asks for a glass of neutrinos and the bartender says.....

    Topaz

  18. #18
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Do you want some quark with this?"

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's sad is that you guys are telling physics jokes.

    What's even sadder is that I got it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  20. #20
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And what's even, even sadder is that I didn't.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  21. #21
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, just couldn't resist.

    Don't know if you've got quark in America. It's a bit like cream cheese. No idea why someone named a particle after it.

  22. #22
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, that was me. Why, why, WHY can't I get the hang of this logging in stuff? AAARGH.

  23. #23
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Perhaps our distiguished guest would like to say something about him/her self? What brought on your question and what is your type? Dont be shy. You see I dont know everything

    Topaz
    i was the original [im]poster[/hah]. INTp. a good friend of pedro-the-lion's in rl. though i haven't seen him in a while, i hope our ferocious feline friend is alright.

    the question was prompted by my experience. i know an estj who will NEVER reveal weakness. he has an enfp brother who's arrogance will fill a hot air balloon and rocket it to the moon. and my good friend, who's an istp, always "knows everything" and has advice for every situation, and it has become fast clear that his knowledge is usually pretense.

    i was connecting the dots when i thought of ganin's description of the hidden agenda for the estj... "to be perfect..." i was wondering (and still wonder) what the relationship is between Ne and perfection/want of perfection.

  24. #24
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sorry, just couldn't resist.

    Don't know if you've got quark in America. It's a bit like cream cheese. No idea why someone named a particle after it.
    It's the best!!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  25. #25
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    he has an enfp brother who's arrogance will fill a hot air balloon and rocket it to the moon.
    In what way is he arrogant. I don't think ENFps are typically arrogant.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  26. #26
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sorry, just couldn't resist.

    Don't know if you've got quark in America. It's a bit like cream cheese. No idea why someone named a particle after it.
    It's the best!!
    You mean "quark" is a food? Does it come in red, yellow, and blue flavors? :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    RE: Ne

    Becuase with a lack of Ni, it is hard to forsee problems in the future. Without Ni, you really don't think ahead. You need Ne because it balances out Ni. Ne can better itself and collect information and learn new things. If you can keep your options open and try new things you are less likely "fail" in the future because you couldn't see what was going to happen. LSEs also get very frustrated when they do make little mistakes.

    Also, Ni conflicts with Si while Ne doesn't.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  29. #29
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know it was a joke, but is quark a food or not?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  30. #30
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I know it was a joke, but is quark a food or not?
    Yes, and it's very yummy!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(food)
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  31. #31
    Creepy-

    Default

    schrödinger I love your new cat avitar. Thats great! @Cone...yes apparently its some sort of food like cream cheese.

    topaz

  32. #32
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Cone:

    It is, honestly! My baby daughter was eating it with her fingers while I wrote that posting.

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfen

    @Topaz: thanks, glad you like it.

  33. #33
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe. Sometimes I just plain forget. But I finally figured out that a big part of the problem is: I do tab browsing, and when my browser opens a new tab, I get automatically logged out - not always, but often.

    About arrogance: I can't say anything about ENFPs, because I'm the only ENFP I know, but this statement that ENFPs can be especially arrogant surprised me. Perhaps it's true - I don't know. I'd have thought we're far too busy being excited about life, the universe and all those wonderful people out there to be really arrogant. "Aren't I great! And aren't you great! And look, that view from this window, WOW, stunning! And isn't everything just great!" and so on.

    I don't think ISTPs are arrogant per se. They can be, but then again, who can't? My brother is one, and all in all he's quietly amused by how strange most people are, and his philosophy is "live and let live" (or, as someone so memorably put it, "if I want to hear your opinion, I'll beat it out of you"). Hm - perhaps that may seem arrogant to some people. But he doesn't hate interference because he thinks he's right and everyone else is wrong. He just hates interference, period. [/quote]

    I think my browser and this website have a love/hate-relationship going on.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    ..and sometimes I DO log in, as in the above posting, and then this website logs me out again. I think my browser and this website have a love/hate-relationship going on.
    Why don't you just click on that little box that automatically logs you in, then you don't have to worry about it again... ever, ever, ever.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  35. #35
    Creepy-ENFPerator

    Default

    Sometimes I would say I'm a perfectionist, but just exactly till the tragic moment I enter my messy room... I never say I know everything, because I don't.

  36. #36
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Rocky: Thanks. I tried it, twice, but it doesn't work.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •