Thread: Best place in the world for IEIs/INFps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best place in the world for IEIs/INFps

What would be the best place in the world...whether it be a city or a place or a state...where an INFP could reach their full potential?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I can't think of a particular location such as a nation or a city, I can say that INFps will flourish when they are amongst relaxed, down-to-earth, fun people. Most INFps, especially with their artistic and philosophical bents, will gravitate towards the art show scene, the coffee shop scene, the bookstore scene/lecture circuit, or the underground music scene, and so on. While each scene (and I frequent all of them) has a lot of to offer in terms of intellectual and creative stimulation, many INFps emerge disillusioned because they see those who frequent these particular scenes as overly pretentious, aloof, and uptight. In other words, these scenes don't give INFps the or the that they need.
    What I'm trying to say is, when most INFps look towards the so-called "high-life" for joy and satisfaction, they're limiting themselves because they can have such a fulfilling time hanging out with down-home types of folks.
    Several of my INFp friends and I have found we love going to sporting events (esp. baseball games), family barbecues, bars (with caution, that is), taking road-trips, and spending time with all-around friendly people. For example, I went to a cookout the other night with some friends of mine, and the entire time we sang songs, played with the house owner's animals (she had three: an adorable pot-bellied pig, a bulldog, and a labrador retriever), swam, ate, and listened to drunk people tell stories. It was a blast.
    So, in essence, while INFps need to embrace their creative sides, they also need to embrace their and seeking sides by cutting loose and spending time with laid-back, effusive people () who know how to enjoy themselves ().
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Rome.
    Did you just throw it, or it was purposeful? Because I think Rome's actually a very good city for INFps.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Rome.
    Did you just throw it, or it was purposeful? Because I think Rome's actually a very good city for INFps.
    I was mostly just messing around, but you can have 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Best place for INFP's

Quote Originally Posted by So Crazy
    What would be the best place in the world...whether it be a city or a place or a state...where an INFP could reach their full potential?
    In bed with an ESTp. There's your full potential.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rome seems like a cool place. Any of you ever been there?

Creepy-bg

I'm guessing FDG probably has :wink:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm half-roman, my father is from Rome, he was a Roman Emperor too.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Rome.
    Would you mind explaining why? I don't doubt it, I just want to know your reasons.

I think Prague is another good city for INFps, if they avoid the tourist high season.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by So Crazy
    Rome seems like a cool place. Any of you ever been there?
    I've been there several times, I know it very well. I used to make a point of going there whenever I had time and money but I won't be going there willingly again for quite some time, perhaps never.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best place for an INFp is constant access to transpertation to anywhere they want to visit. Why stay in one beautiful place when you can be stimulated and inspired by much more?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely think that European-style cities would, in general, be better than American-style ones. By European I mean slower-paced, less corporate + more culture, good public transportation etc... like for example in Canada I like Montreal much more than Toronto.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    [...] Prague [...]
    Oh god, prague. Oh my god, I wish I could go back there. I wish I could live there. That city is so me. It's, I don't know, home. I wish I could go back there .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESFp friend and I sometimes make plans for the future like... Going to Bath together. I've read a number of books set in Bath, and I'd like to go there to feel connected to the past. It'd probably get too boring after a while, though. Too much civilisation and not enough nature in Asian countries... New Zealand, especially if you have a fellow adventurer to take you to exotic places. The people are fairly laid-back there, too. Maybe not Germany, Australia, and China.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    I definitely think that European-style cities would, in general, be better than American-style ones. By European I mean slower-paced, less corporate + more culture, good public transportation etc... like for example in Canada I like Montreal much more than Toronto.
    That site on cities says that Toronto is INTj. Don't really know what to make of it, I've been there so many times (mostly because of my ENTp dad being cheap - or not? ).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    That site on cities says that Toronto is INTj. Don't really know what to make of it, I've been there so many times (mostly because of my ENTp dad being cheap - or not? ).
    I've lived within 50 km of Toronto for most of my life so I may just be biased in a "familiarity breeds contempt" sort of way but I don't like it much. It's very hustle bustle, dirty, and lacking in culture. I know that sounds weird because it's supposed to be the most multicultural city in the world but in reality these "multi cultures" are segregated and spread out over hundreds and hundreds of km of urban sprawl. The architecture throughout most, as well, is of that ugly 1930ish style, like dirty brick houses. Also the night life seems kinda lame, like there's barely any 24 hour cafes or anything. In Montreal there's always places open to grab food/coffee, and people ages 10-80 chill downtown around certain squares till late in the evening. I find Toronto has a rather cold, unfriendly, unhappy vibe about it.... after all most of the day it's filled with "business" type people who work themselves to death and then drive home (to one of the many suburbs) where they lock themselves up in the family fortress and pass out only to do it all again in 10 hours. Even the sports teams are kinda lame, like the toronto maple leafs for example, most of the season ticket holders are not individual fans but businesses, businesses give employees individual tickets during the season for the purpose of entertaining possible clients. thus most the people that go to hockey games aren't watching the hockey game but doing business, lol, and so the team is super rich but they still suck and no one cares cuz they'll sell out anyway (I'm using this as an example of how there really isn't any kind of tangible Toronto "community", which I find disconcerting and repulsive)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, the only think I can see of INTj in Toronto is, at most, the symmetrical design of the streets, which is otherwise very common in North American cities. I've been there twice, and I rather like it (as a place to visit for business purposes) but I can see that it's actually mainly .

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Out of all the places that I've ever been Sedona, Arizona has got to be my favorite by far. I really wouldn't mind moving out there someday.
    yes Sedona is an amazing place... and it turns simply magical in the wintertime. I have a friend that lives there who I don't see nearly enough. I could very easily see myself living there as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Paris....
    I like cities with lots of green stuff in them, nice old architecture and some sane urbanism...

The city I've spent my 6 years of college in:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=iasi&s=int
    was pretty nice too... lots of green, old architecture and the feel of youth (cultural center of this part of the country, old capital).
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been saving for a trip to Japan for awhile now, and would like to teach English in Tokyo sometime in the future. As far as long term living is concerned, I'm mostly attracted to European cities -- they've always seemed a little less hectic and more accommodating than the American cities I know. Some cities I've been fascinated with include Vienna, Prague, Zurich, Barcleona, Madrid, and Buenos Aires (heavy European influence). I can see myself living in one of those cities sometime in the future.