Thread: Unhealthy ENTp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unhealthy ENTp?

i've recently been forced into interaction with a girl whom i've known for a while and have always assumed to be enfp, but recent interactions with her make me think that, god forbid, she might be the same type as me.

here's the best description i can give: her sole motivation in life appears to be to telegraph to others that she has absolutely no motivation whatsoever, combined with an apparent need to always be the weirdest person in the room, but in the worst way possible. her aspiration to be weird is heightened considerably by her abysmal social skills, as referenced by her talent for offending every single person she comes into contact with.

example (this is not a joke): if she comes into contact with somebody who has a terminal and/or embarrassing disease, she will constantly harp on that person for having said disease. in fact, whatever negative qualities any single person carries will be amplified by her incessant harassment.

she always has to be the most clever person in the room, and if every single person is not recognizing her immaculate weirdness, she is dissatisfied. there's evidence for low fi in her inability to listen to anybody else's stories. if you do try to tell her a story, she dutifully ignores it and begins a rant or observation on any given thing to show off her superior ne feathers. if confronted with the fact that she didn't listen to the story, she will immediately say she was listening and give an extremely watered-down version of your unfinished story replete with incomplete/assumed details and an often incorrect ending based off of assumptions (i.e. an ending invented with an ne-ti axis). she also has a tendency to tell these stories back to people in their watered-down forms as evidence that she has gotten to know that person, when in reality she has alienated that person by entirely ignoring his input.

everybody i've talked to who knows her hates her, and it's very unfortunate. she's actually a really funny person; her rants can often be hilarious. the idiosyncratic nature of her personality is often endearing, and if she would only drop her haughty attitude and extreme rudeness she would be a great person. most of the people who still hang out with her say that they like her, but in order to be friends with her you have to be able to ignore her insensitivity. her personality essentially prevents her from having any close friends.

i always assumed she was enfp because she tends to act before she thinks, but i imagine that's a by-product of her low self-esteem and fear of people not liking her. what i'm wondering (with my limited knowledge of socionics) is if she's actually an enfp with poor impulse control or just an very unhealthy entp.

any input?
    entp-ti 6w7

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god that would drive me nuts! Well, you can't change somebody so the only thing you can do is be an honest friend, or introduce her to a room full of ISFj's and see how that works out :wink:
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's the best description i can give: her sole motivation in life appears to be to telegraph to others that she has absolutely no motivation whatsoever, combined with an apparent need to always be the weirdest person in the room, but in the worst way possible. her aspiration to be weird is heightened considerably by her abysmal social skills, as referenced by her talent for offending every single person she comes into contact with.
    Excellent description of pathological leading Ne + PoLR Fi.