Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 57

Thread: An interesting fellow

  1. #1
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default An interesting fellow.

    Very quiet on first impression. In new groups of people, he will be very reserved and fade into the background. Certainly an introvert, I know this for sure. But beyond that, if you just meet him - it will be *very* hard to tell what he is. He gives off this "dead" aura.. very blank body language, image, way of walking. Quite languid, closed off.

    Getting to know him, he is very interesting and surprising. Many things seem to contradict what you might think of him from that first impression. He is willing to do almost anything. You can seemingly pressure him into doing crazy things, but you know it is not really "pressure"... he *wants* to do them - I am talking about random things, like drugs, climbing on top of school roofs with a rope, wandering aimlessly through parks. He said he wants excitement.

    He described himself as being very versatile - he could be your "raver friend" or that "nerdy guy" who discusses anime and video games with you.

    Beyond the quiet exterior also lies profound thought. Values thought over emotion, and says he fears the fact that he has to *think* about something for example, "Death is sad" ... and rationalize why it is sad rather than actually feeling sad just because say, someone told him someone died. It's not that he doesn't feel.. he just has to think about why he should feel?

    Very intellectual. Good in Sciences and Maths but all around just pretty good. Quite into religion and religious conversation/debate. Him and I had a very long discussion in regards to our beliefs and whatnot.. I seem to very much enjoy hearing his point of view on things. I believe it is his showing through.

    We get along quite splendidly after the initial weirdness/awkwardness. He says he can open up to me like noone else and has told me things already that he has told noone before. It really took me by surprise because he started saying some very personal things and quite depressing things.. he seemed very emotional at that point, and I wanted to cheer him up, to make him smile, you know that kind of stuff. helping ?

    After the quietness, ... it is just so amazing that he is really so talkative! I believe I make him feel comfortable - he says he is drawn to me for some reason to just be able to tell me things. I also have noticed that I tend to reassure him when he is fearful.. in a new situation or whatnot. Usually it is other people telling *me* not to worry.. here, it is me telling him everything will be alright. It's like we take care of eachother.

    Other random tidbits: Does not seem to care what others will say/think in a public situation. Encouraged me to just "say it and let go" when I told him that I never say all that is on my mind.. and tells me not to care about what others think. It's like we are helping eachother solve problems.. ?

    Mutual feeling of affection. Calming feeling. He seems to hang around quite a few INFps, ISTjs and other types. There is this one girl who is absolutely smitten with him and appears to be an ESFj. He does not like her in that way, but feels the necessity to be around her because if he doesn't.. "she will cry."

    Tender, noble are two words to sum him up. Likes to be thought of as a mystery.

    Jung test (similarminds) came out as INTJ. Does not seem to coorelate to many INTjs I know though.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  2. #2
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's me, especially the part about wanting to do crazy things. Climbing on top of school roofs would be a thrill I'd willingly take up, probably even something I'd suggest. And when people inquire after my identity, I like to respond with silly answers like "a mystery NPC" or "a visitor from another planet" because I often feel like The Little Prince. He could just as easily be Ni-INTp, but you know, his relationship with the ESFj sounds a bit like the one I have with my friend, who treats me like a goddess.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  3. #3
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTp comes to mind. Otherwise ISTj.

  4. #4
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting, raisonpure.. but the thing is, he doesn't exactly suggest these things. It is me who suggests them and him going along with it willingly At this point, I believe he could be a very strong subtype of ISTj .. INTp *does* make a lot of sense, especially based on first impression.. but I don't know. Does not make sense with intertype relations.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  5. #5
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ps. unrealted, you sound like a 7w6 on the enneagram
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  6. #6
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ps. unrealted, you sound like a 7w6 on the enneagram
    Wow, I just read the description for the 7 .. still reading btw, and it fits me to a T. The part where it said 7's can initially mistype as 4w3's especially if they're extroverted.. very true.

    Especially this part: Sevens might resemble Fours. This is because both types can be creative, unconventional, attention seeking and even flamboyant in their presentation. Nevertheless, Fours are far less extroverted than Sevens who truly seek out people as a principle means of distraction. Fours are comfortable with their negative mental states, even sometimes choosing to inhabit them, whereas Sevens are in flight from pain. As a general rule, Sevens tend to overestimate the extent of their suffering and sadness because they find such mental states to be so threatening to their sense of self; they can therefore think of themselves as being more melancholic than they actually are. The melancholy of type Seven is primarily driven by anxiety however, whereas that of type Four has its roots in a feeling of worthlessness.

    I do seek out people tremendously when I am feeling depressed. Thanks, FDG! I now know that I'm actually a 7 instead of a 4. *goes on to read wing stuff*


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  7. #7
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd guess either an INTj-Ti or ENTp-Ti, though probably would be more inclined to the first. Have a picture?

  8. #8
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some pictures (will be taken down soon!)

    LOL, hope he never sees this.







    Usually has a very "soft" kind of first impression.. I am not sure how else to describe this. Finds absurd things funny.. same sense of humour as me.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  9. #9
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFp. Also, in those pics, he looks like HarryBottom. I'm not sure if you were around while he was. He was a chill INFp.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  10. #10
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    INFp. Also, in those pics, he looks like HarryBottom. I'm not sure if you were around while he was. He was a chill INFp.
    Ahh, HarryBottom. I loved the guy.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: An interesting fellow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Very quiet on first impression. In new groups of people, he will be very reserved and fade into the background. Certainly an introvert, I know this for sure. But beyond that, if you just meet him - it will be *very* hard to tell what he is. He gives off this "dead" aura.. very blank body language, image, way of walking. Quite languid, closed off.

    Getting to know him, he is very interesting and surprising. Many things seem to contradict what you might think of him from that first impression. He is willing to do almost anything. You can seemingly pressure him into doing crazy things, but you know it is not really "pressure"... he *wants* to do them - I am talking about random things, like drugs, climbing on top of school roofs with a rope, wandering aimlessly through parks. He said he wants excitement.

    He described himself as being very versatile - he could be your "raver friend" or that "nerdy guy" who discusses anime and video games with you.

    Beyond the quiet exterior also lies profound thought. Values thought over emotion, and says he fears the fact that he has to *think* about something for example, "Death is sad" ... and rationalize why it is sad rather than actually feeling sad just because say, someone told him someone died. It's not that he doesn't feel.. he just has to think about why he should feel?

    Very intellectual. Good in Sciences and Maths but all around just pretty good. Quite into religion and religious conversation/debate. Him and I had a very long discussion in regards to our beliefs and whatnot.. I seem to very much enjoy hearing his point of view on things. I believe it is his showing through.

    We get along quite splendidly after the initial weirdness/awkwardness. He says he can open up to me like noone else and has told me things already that he has told noone before. It really took me by surprise because he started saying some very personal things and quite depressing things.. he seemed very emotional at that point, and I wanted to cheer him up, to make him smile, you know that kind of stuff. helping ?

    After the quietness, ... it is just so amazing that he is really so talkative! I believe I make him feel comfortable - he says he is drawn to me for some reason to just be able to tell me things. I also have noticed that I tend to reassure him when he is fearful.. in a new situation or whatnot. Usually it is other people telling *me* not to worry.. here, it is me telling him everything will be alright. It's like we take care of eachother.

    Other random tidbits: Does not seem to care what others will say/think in a public situation. Encouraged me to just "say it and let go" when I told him that I never say all that is on my mind.. and tells me not to care about what others think. It's like we are helping eachother solve problems.. ?

    Mutual feeling of affection. Calming feeling. He seems to hang around quite a few INFps, ISTjs and other types. There is this one girl who is absolutely smitten with him and appears to be an ESFj. He does not like her in that way, but feels the necessity to be around her because if he doesn't.. "she will cry."

    Tender, noble are two words to sum him up. Likes to be thought of as a mystery.

    Jung test (similarminds) came out as INTJ. Does not seem to coorelate to many INTjs I know though.
    He is an ISTp. I was sure of that based on your first paragraph, and every sentence since only reinforced it. And now seeing the pix ... not a surprise in the least! Sometimes people mistype themselves around the ring of benefit. I've seen it a few times ...

    Incidentally! I've been thinking for a while now that you are an ENFp (Fi subtype to account for your introversion). Enjoy your relationship.

  12. #12
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Irrational, logical, and not Se in the ego, from what I can see. I'm also tempted to say that he looks more like an extrovert. ILE is my first guess.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  13. #13
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    I'd guess either an INTj-Ti or ENTp-Ti, though probably would be more inclined to the first. Have a picture?
    ENTp?!?!?!?

    You people are crazy.

  14. #14
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    I'd guess either an INTj-Ti or ENTp-Ti, though probably would be more inclined to the first. Have a picture?
    ENTp?!?!?!?

    You people are crazy.
    Would you like to point out what doesn't fit?

    Encouraged me to just "say it and let go" when I told him that I never say all that is on my mind.. and tells me not to care about what others think.
    This sounds like the advice of a Ti-ego extrovert.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  15. #15
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,808
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    He sounds just like me
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  16. #16
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow haha, this one is a mysterious one isn't he? I still can't figure it out. We hung out again today, and well.. he is just, extremely QUIET first of all. He doesn't say much. He says he doesn't really have much to say, but when there is some topic that interests him, he *can* go on about it. Not totally dead though. With us, it's really strange - we always start off quite awkwardly, nothing to say, but as the time passes, we seem to become quite comfortable with eachother and then open up. I definitely have to carry the conversation most of the times and ask him a lot of questions. Doesn't seem to very social at all. Soft-spoken, verrry.

    I asked him to say something when it was pretty silent at one point and he thought for a bit and said some random fact about how bacteria is really good for the human body or something. I thought that was a major pointer to a specific type for some reason, lmao.. like.. when someone asks you to talk and you say something like that? Yes.

    I can tell he craves an extrovert feeler to make things comfortable. I try, but it's not all together too natural. but, I still think we get along pretty well on an emotional/intellectual level - what's weird is the physical level. I just.. hm, I don't know how to describe it. There is a weird awkwardness.. tension, somewhat. We both don't initiate, let's say.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  17. #17
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Using VI solely, I think ENTj
    yeah from VI alone
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  18. #18
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Using VI solely, I think ENTj
    yeah from VI alone
    wtf! i don't see it at ALL


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  19. #19
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I still think INFp. What do you see that points against INFp?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  20. #20
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I still think INFp. What do you see that points against INFp?
    Oh, I see much that points against INFp. Firstly, he is not effusive at all in regards to the creative that should be there. Sure, there are much more introverted INFps than me such as Starfall on this board, but I bet even she would very easily loosen up after a while and spew out the .. I dunno, I can just *feel* when I have met my identical. He is definitely not the same as me.

    He is definitely a thinker. He even said that he values thought way over emotion and needs to reason out feeling emotions.. even thinking that he is sociopathic based on that fact. He does seem very passive though, and INTj really doesn't seem to fit, but then again.. who knows?

    I can't tell anymore if he is actually craving as well as . He seems to be very uncomfortable with and almost quite scared .. as if he is waiting for the other person to do something first.

    As of now, I can't really tell between ISTp, INTp or INTj. Those are my best guesses so far. That similarminds test can really throw me off though, being that as he tested an INTj, I keep thinking of him as one even though it doesn't really fit. Actually, I can feel a little hint of infantile or victim in him, so maybe that rules out ISTp. Actually, yeah, it does.

    He is intuitive..


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  21. #21

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Encouraged me to just "say it and let go" when I told him that I never say all that is on my mind.. and tells me not to care about what others think.
    This sounds like the advice of a Ti-ego extrovert.
    Sounds like an Fi > Fe quadra, to me - that's all.

  22. #22
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Encouraged me to just "say it and let go" when I told him that I never say all that is on my mind.. and tells me not to care about what others think.
    This sounds like the advice of a Ti-ego extrovert.
    Sounds like an Fi > Fe quadra, to me - that's all.
    yeah, i admit, i have heard my own sister say this and i can say fairly certainly that she's not any -ego type.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  23. #23

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    ... Actually, I can feel a little hint of infantile or victim in him, so maybe that rules out ISTp ...
    Based on personal experiences, fwiw I put minimal stock in the sexual attitudes theory w.r.t. types.

    Intelligent S's can easily mistype as N's.

    He's ISTp-Te.

    Put him in a room with an ENTj and see if he starts authoritatively lecturing him about common sense ...

    Or perform other intertype relation experiments.

    (I mean, observations ...)

  24. #24
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahah no, no he can't be ISTp, much less Te. His relationship with this one ESFj girl is clearly of a very high standard. He clearly enjoys hanging *around* Ego types.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  25. #25
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Hahah no, no he can't be ISTp, much less Te. His relationship with this one ESFj girl is clearly of a very high standard. He clearly enjoys hanging *around* Ego types.
    So then you think he's INTj?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  26. #26
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Hahah no, no he can't be ISTp, much less Te. His relationship with this one ESFj girl is clearly of a very high standard. He clearly enjoys hanging *around* Ego types.
    So then you think he's INTj?
    Honestly, I don't even know. A lot fits, a lot doesn't. He doesn't really seem to have PoLR, for one. He is willing to do crazy shit without too much fear of danger at all, really. Perhaps I should rethink the ISTp thing, but I highly doubt it. *shrugs* It's just an intuitive feeling of mine that he is of the Fe/Ti quadras, not Fi/Te.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  27. #27
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,625
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    I'd guess either an INTj-Ti or ENTp-Ti, though probably would be more inclined to the first. Have a picture?
    ENTp?!?!?!?

    You people are crazy.
    Would you like to point out what doesn't fit?
    Being fearful about new situations; mysteriousness; needing to be cheered up; quiet exterior; "soft" first impression. None of these really stand out about ENTps, or indicate extroversion in general.

    At this point, I think INTj-Ti fits best. Barring that, ISTj-Ti.

  28. #28
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with astralsilky - ISTp, maybe INTp.

    Judging by his pictures, I'm going to assume mid-to-late teens, and therefore certain confusing aspects in his makeup may account for that, esp. in the area of friend-influence.

  29. #29
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol, just got back from another hang out session with him and this time was loads better than last in terms of awkwardness/silence. There barely was any. We seemed to be on the same wavelength and I noticed that especially, as I'll mention again, we find the same absurd things funny and can laugh about them endlessly. He laughs very easily, and quite a lot. A comfortable feeling of connection results.

    Just based on the fact that me, an IEI Fe subtype gets along well with this guy must point to him not being ISTp, or even Delta.. I am ruling that one out. He doesn't act like other ISTps I know and the feeling between us is definitely not as tense/strained as it would be if he were an ISTp.

    He seems very determined to do stuff .. remember that climbing the roof thing? Well yeah, he's totally serious about it now and really wants to get me up there because he already can, and me being shorter and less able to pull myself up.. well it's difficult! He keeps thinking of ways .. lol, like actually building a ladder/bringing rope.. it's surprising cause most people would just give up. But no, he really wants to make sure we get up there lol.

    He is also a positivist, I can tell by his speech. Are INTjs positivists? I can't remember. I know ISTjs are. Seems quite dutiful, loving and respectful of parents. Kinda paranoid just like me though.. about getting caught doing random things. Monitors the time well, similar to me too! I've never met anyone who checks the time like I do.. lol? Is this indicative of anything? Haha.

    I think the more I talk to him, the more it almost does resemble Activity relations almost.. but.. hmm.. ISTj doesn't seem to fit, but I see where thehotelambush is coming from. I do believe the best bet now would be INTj Ti or ISTj Ti ... very similar to eachother.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  30. #30
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BTW, I think people are getting mislead on the cold exterior, mysterious thing now and are saying ISTp because of this. Let me tell you, he really enjoys when I all over the place. Unlike ISTps that I've known that tend to get a bit weird/clammy around me.

    He's really not cold at all when you talk to him after a bit.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  31. #31
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    He seems very determined to do stuff .. remember that climbing the roof thing? Well yeah, he's totally serious about it now and really wants to get me up there because he already can, and me being shorter and less able to pull myself up.. well it's difficult! He keeps thinking of ways .. lol, like actually building a ladder/bringing rope.. it's surprising cause most people would just give up. But no, he really wants to make sure we get up there lol.
    This is me as well.

    I used to detach myself from emotions by speaking of them like they were someone else's, but my ENFj friend stopped me by warning that I could develop a split personality because of my habit. By the way, I was drawn to his emotional intensity, and he taught me appreciation of soulful music. I've also relied on other INFps to cheer me up with Fe when I couldn't provide it for myself. I didn't waste time on developing Fe before I met my ESFj friend, so I thought my Fe was non-existent. Doesn't discount him from being INFp (the dreamier, milder sort that passes off as a Ti type... though not quite misutii, and not krae)

    His jaw is similar to that of ENTjs, but the expression, pose, and overall feeling is entirely different -- more INFp. He comes across as being subdued in his photos, and your descriptions of him further suggest introversion. If he's ENTj, there is no way that you could mistake him for an introvert.

    Try paying attention to how he works? :wink:
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  32. #32
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, he really does come off quite INFp based on physical traits.. as in movement, how he walks, stands.. etc. The pictures do lend that INFp feel too, I know what you mean. It's just the fact that he says he is more of a thinker and tested that way leads me to question.. cause when I first met him, I actually did believe he was an INFp.

    I'll try and pay more attention next time. That is interesting how you didn't develop your Fe! Wow. And how you can stand being around an ESFj.. well actually, maybe I just met the wrong ESFj girl. She is so annoying.. grah. But I know like 3 more ESFj girls who are pretty fabulous. I guess it all depends. I've met horrible ESTps too.

    Maybe he'll always be a mystery. Hahaha!


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  33. #33
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    to me he vi's as an intp.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  34. #34
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder what Expat would make of him.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  35. #35
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bump.

    He is really awkward on the phone and generally in making any type of conversation. He does not seem to be an initiator of any sort. I am reconsidering him to be an INTp ... he is very indecisive. When we want to do something, we'll always be in a perpetual state of asking - "What do you want to do?" "I dunno, what do you wanna do?" "I'm fine with anything." "Oh, yeah, so am I, I'll do whatever you wanna do." "But what do YOU wanna do!?"

    God, it is frustrating!

    I am also heavily doubting that girl I mentioned before who was infatuated with him is really ESFj - actually, it is highly unlikely she is ExxJ at all! Yikes, what was I thinking? I suppose I have the wrong idea of and how ESFps / ENFps behave in regards to being friendly, bouncy.. etc. She seems to very initiative taking, knows what she wants.. very openly demonstrative.. calling other people "sexie" and whatnot. I am not sure that is very ESFj ... she seems much more irrational than rational! I also do like this girl, believe it or not and seem to get along with her insensibility.. ESFp?

    What else? Hmm. He does seem very lethargic. Doesn't do much, at all. It's the summer and since I've been away for 5 days at my cottage, he's been doing nothing but hanging around his house watching anime, playing video games, etc. IxxP, am I not certain?

    It is only after a certain time of tension do we really begin to converse well.. but when we do, it is pretty good. However, I am not sure anymore if he is or dual seeking - but I am leaning to because he doesn't seem to be comfortable with any type of overtly emotional expression ... or maybe he is? Because when I see another male INFp Fe try his Fe on him, it is received with stoicism and not much talk. He doesn't say much really, only when he has something to talk about. It's very disconcerting to most people, I would guess.

    Ahh! I can't figure him out.. what should I look for .. telltale signs of INTp vs INTj?


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IxTp, And although you've dismissed it I'd have to agree with astralsilky and say ISTp.
    SLI-Si subtype

  37. #37
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: An interesting fellow.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    We get along quite splendidly after the initial weirdness/awkwardness. He says he can open up to me like noone else and has told me things already that he has told noone before. It really took me by surprise because he started saying some very personal things and quite depressing things.. he seemed very emotional at that point, and I wanted to cheer him up, to make him smile, you know that kind of stuff. helping ?

    After the quietness, ... it is just so amazing that he is really so talkative! I believe I make him feel comfortable - he says he is drawn to me for some reason to just be able to tell me things. I also have noticed that I tend to reassure him when he is fearful.. in a new situation or whatnot. Usually it is other people telling *me* not to worry.. here, it is me telling him everything will be alright. It's like we take care of eachother.

    Other random tidbits: Does not seem to care what others will say/think in a public situation. Encouraged me to just "say it and let go" when I told him that I never say all that is on my mind.. and tells me not to care about what others think. It's like we are helping eachother solve problems.. ?

    Mutual feeling of affection. Calming feeling. He seems to hang around quite a few INFps, ISTjs and other types. There is this one girl who is absolutely smitten with him and appears to be an ESFj. He does not like her in that way, but feels the necessity to be around her because if he doesn't.. "she will cry."

    Tender, noble are two words to sum him up. Likes to be thought of as a mystery.

    Jung test (similarminds) came out as INTJ. Does not seem to coorelate to many INTjs I know though.

    That alone seems to point to INTj somewhat. The fact that he puts up with an ESFj like that is telling, perhaps. I would not put up with an ESFp who was trying to lead me around. I doubt an INTp would be concerned about making someone cry. He wants Se, not Fe.


    But I will read more....
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  38. #38
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Wow haha, this one is a mysterious one isn't he? I still can't figure it out. We hung out again today, and well.. he is just, extremely QUIET first of all. He doesn't say much. He says he doesn't really have much to say, but when there is some topic that interests him, he *can* go on about it. Not totally dead though. With us, it's really strange - we always start off quite awkwardly, nothing to say, but as the time passes, we seem to become quite comfortable with eachother and then open up. I definitely have to carry the conversation most of the times and ask him a lot of questions. Doesn't seem to very social at all. Soft-spoken, verrry.
    Does he ever get excited about what he is talking about?

    LIIs can be very sombre, until something important or fascinating comes up, and then "their eyes light up with a brilliant flashing light, never before seen" when you are talking to him about it. I can be that way. But only briefly, and only on things that I am actually very interested in.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  39. #39
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Encouraged me to just "say it and let go" when I told him that I never say all that is on my mind.. and tells me not to care about what others think.
    This sounds like the advice of a Ti-ego extrovert.
    Sounds like an Fi > Fe quadra, to me - that's all.
    yeah, i admit, i have heard my own sister say this and i can say fairly certainly that she's not any -ego type.
    I say that depending on who I am talking to. Some people are too conscious in that way, others not enough.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  40. #40
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, *sigh* I suppose ISTp is a valid answer given all the info I've provided you guys with. Something about him just screams INTUITOR in my face though, -- perhaps you must meet him IRL to know this.

    Oh UDP, that girl I am not so sure is ESFj.. she might as well be ESFp! This is so hard for me to tell now.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •