Thread: How functions work (Theory)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default How functions work (Theory)

The second part of my theory has to do with the different variations of the same functions. Take INTjs and ISTjs for example. They both are types which lead with Ti. But there are noticeable differences between the types. It has been noted in socionics before as there being a + and a - side of a function. You have -Ti for INTjs and +Ti for ISTjs. The differences between these two are the directionality of the energy being produced.

Example of how Ti works:

Example of how Fi works:

An INTj's ego block is -Ti +Ne and an ISTj's ego block +Ti -Se. The introverted function transfers data to the extroverted function and vice versa as explain in the previous part of my theory. For INTj's, -Ti and +Ne combine together to create a single function. Technically, one could consider -Ti and +Ne the same thing. In a way, these functions are like a battery together. I also believe that Te and Ti are theoretically the same thing. The only difference is that Te is extroverted and Ti is introverted, and that the functions can have a different directionality of energy. It is my belief that -Ti and +Te are as closely(or possibly more) than -Ti and +Te. This has to do with the directionality of the energy. Here is an example and explanation of what I mean:

This would technically mean there is more correlation between the thinking functions of INTj and ESTj than INTj and ISTj. It is my belief that the realm of functions work like this. Here is an example:

I will touch up on this more in the future.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How functions work (Theory)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    An INTj's ego block is -Ti +Ne and an ISTj's ego block +Ti -Ne. [/img]
    what happened to the Se then? or am I missing something completely.

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How functions work (Theory)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    An INTj's ego block is -Ti +Ne and an ISTj's ego block +Ti -Se. The introverted function transfers data to the extroverted function and vice versa as explain in the previous part of my theory. For INTj's, -Ti and +Ne combine together to create a single function. Technically, one could consider -Ti and +Ne the same thing. In a way, these functions are like a battery together. I also believe that Te and Ti are theoretically the same thing. The only difference is that Te is extroverted and Ti is introverted, and that the functions can have a different directionality of energy. It is my belief that -Ti and +Te are as closely(or possibly more) than -Ti and +Te. This has to do with the directionality of the energy. Here is an example and explanation of what I mean:
    That makes a lot of sense. (But doesn't ENTj have +Te and -Ti? If that is true, then your theory could explain the complementary aspects of the Contrary relationship.)

Although be careful about using "similarity" to refer to types or functions. Te and Ti share T, but not dynamism/statism or introversion/extroversion, obviously. I think of T as the domain of Te and Ti, and +/- could considerably refine the role of each Tj type in the T domain.