Thread: David Icke

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default David Icke

Please tell me what you think.

David Icke quotes:

Life constantly presents the greatest opportunity brilliantly disguised as the biggest disaster.

To see the world in the child-like simplicity of good and evil, heroes and villains. The world is rarely like that. Therefore the need to create opposing "sides" and encourage conflict becomes essential.

When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations.

We/I am a son/daughter of God. In fact, we are all expressions/projections of the Infinite Conciousness, which is love, that is what I mean when I say "I am a son of god "GOD"!"

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.

The Earth needs rebels!

I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it. The reason most people don't express their individuality and actually deny it, is not fear of what prime ministers think of us or the head of the federal reserve, It's what their families and their friends down at the bar are going to think of them.

A friend at school was always being laughed at because his father emptied dustbins for a living. But those who laughed worshipped famous footballers. This is an example of our topsy-turvy view of 'success.' Who would we miss most if they did not work for a month, the footballer or the garbage collector?

We are reflections of one another, therefore I know that you are part of me and I am part of you because we are all projections of the universal principles of creation/destruction polarities of the same infinite consciousness that we call God.

I am always loath to use the world 'evil,' but if 'evil' is the reverse of 'live,' Guy de Rothschild is thoroughly evil. He stands for the opposite of life.

Icke: The best way of removing negativity is to laugh and be joyous, Terry, so I'm glad that there's been so much laughter in the audience tonight.
    Wogan: But they're laughing at you. They're not laughing with you.
    Icke: I don't care.

Last edited by silke; 12-08-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: updated links
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fruit cake, and loon. He believes what he tells people, I expect.

And I've read a -lot- of what he's written.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say ENTj.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually from VI alone I find ENTj a plausible type --

Anyone else?

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XNTX, probably ENTX

He has some good points, but I disagree with some of the things he says.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: David Icke

ISTj or ISFj.

Can't really see him as Ej.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    XNTX, probably ENTX

He has some good points, but I disagree with some of the things he says.
    EDIT

he seems to be a bit crazy with some of his views
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a firm position on his type, except that he's most likely a quadra type. Perhaps ISTj makes sense.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEE-Ne sx/so
    Last edited by silke; 12-08-2017 at 11:14 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

so much Ne!

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-ILE > Ne-IEE... he has that terence mckenna-esque intellectual pretension and halfway odd eccentricity. I find most of what he says to be somewhat repetitive, i.e. one might as well watch alex jones. I would also think so-primary, unsure of e-type.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. I'm guessing his dual would be more on the gloomy side since he feels driven to motivate, inspire... ENTj does that for ISFj. But IEE also loves to inspire.
    Since we're on the topic. I once went with a friend to see him speak. It went from 10am to 11pm. He kept his energy levels high that entire time and talked a mile a minute and didn't skip a beat. My friend was there to interview him and said she never met anyone who radiated with so much love and positively before, she said his hug was amazing. Sounds like red flags of a potential cult leader.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is the one info element that stands out about him.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Icke is the ultimate possibilities guy (to the max)....you can see that sidewalk guru stuff I went into about Manson in Icke.Cognitively, he's just raw intuition....his perceptions don't have any grounding in reality (that's also a way to tell apart ILE from LSI). Icke lives in the realm of intuition. He has contempt/disregard for the sensory. He has a supreme trust in his own intuitions. Raw external intuition (Ne-dom + Ne subtype) looks like paranoid schizophrenia....the 'rambling philosophical psychopath' type (i.e. slavoj zizek, john cassavetes). The real world is merely Icke's playground where facts can be distorted and manipulated at will to his vision of a reptilian-controlled universe. Pretty clear example of ILE-Ne.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ne-IEE or NE-ILE, I can see him as my identical, but Kindred is possible as well. I do like the man, but the thing with David Icke is that he has some great ideas that may not be considered politically correct and a bit out there, but they could possibly be true. However, he has some terrible ideas with little to no basis in reality and it unfortunately ruins his reputation and results in many people discrediting all of his ideas including the good ones that are logically sound. Best way to learn from someone like him is to be able to filter out the nonsense because there is a lot of good knowledge that you can gain from him if you are open minded enough to consider his good ideas, but skeptical enough to ignore his bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    i agree with you, he seems ILE. Icke is a great example of Ne-dom out of control, to the point where they disregard grounded reality and live in a world of their own creation. they are simultaneously open-minded and close-minded; they will believe in the most fantastical concepts (flat earth, reptilian government) but can't wrap their heads around evidence to the contrary of their beliefs—it just goes right through them. dissenters are regarded as "trolls" and "shills", dehumanizing and stripping them of credibility.

i've noticed that a lot of Ne-doms are vulnerable to conspiracy theorist bullshit, like what David Icke has come up with. he's practically the conspiracy theorist messiah. from my own experience, conspiracy theorists seem to be primarily unhealthy ILE and IEE types. "What the Government Doesn't Want You To Know" is perfect bait for them... they accurately perceive that something is wrong, but draw ridiculous conclusions from their observations. a lot of them seem to believe they are somehow better than the "drooling masses" (expect a lot of rambling about "the Sheeple") for disregarding sensory activities, like sports and watching TV. they view them as distractions, entertainment for 'lower' minds. and then they wonder why people give them weird looks...

yes, i'm very familiar with conspiracy theorists.
    As an Ne-dom that believes that some conspiracy theories may possibly be true, but rejects the vast majority of them, perhaps I can offer my input on this with a perspective on how an Ne-dom approaches conspiracy theories. The truth about conspiracy theories is that some are possibly true, which is likely a very small percentage, maybe 1% of them or less. However, the vast majority of them are complete hogwash with no basis in reality. You need to have the right amount of open mindedness, but also be simultaneously skeptical to arrive at the truth.

There are a lot of conspiracy theories that can easily be chucked out the window without a second thought: flat earth, reptilians, etc... However, there are a few conspiracy theories that "might" possibly be true, but require extensive investigation before drawing any conclusions. Most of the time what happens at least for myself is that I end up chucking out the majority of conspiracy theories after a few days. There is that initial honeymoon ("oh wow, this might be true") phase, and then after the skepticism starts to kick in within a few days and I pretty much chuck it out the window into the trash.

However, a few conspiracy theories have enough evidence to last past that phase and they get put into the indeterminate category ("might possibly be true, but can't fully accept it or reject it"). The thing with Ne-doms is we live in a world of possibility and we can't fully reject an idea that might possibly be true even if it's not accepted as true in society. However, we can't fully accept it either because it's clear that there is not sufficient evidence that makes it obvious. This is why being an Ne-dom like myself is basically living in a world of maybes, full of doubt with some things that profoundly affect how we perceive reality.

Most things end up being fully rejected if they are too outlandish and things that are commonly accepted as facts by everyone is obviously easy for us to accept. However, there are some things that are put into indeterminate category, which we leave it as a possibility to explore without fully accepting or rejecting it. I hope this give you some insight into how an Ne-dom like myself looks at the world around them. The problem with our society is that even believing in one conspiracy theory or perhaps thinking that a few conspiracy theories might be correct, you are put into the same category of someone who believes in almost every single conspiracy theory without much thought, which is very unfortunate.
    Last edited by Raver; 09-08-2016 at 11:21 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i see, thank you for your input! i asked my mother (IEE-Ne, familiar with Icke and conspiracy theory) about her opinion and she basically echoed what you wrote—specifically, in that it's more constructive to do your own research and approach it with an open (yet appropriately doubting) mind, and determine what you think to be the truth.

as a Ne-creative i can somewhat relate. i am in a permanently "skeptical" mode—i don't ever take anything to be entirely true. i am always open to doubt; i find it hard to commit to any particular 'truth'. and while something may not be entirely credible, it's still possible to glean truth (or examples of a different perspective) from it. i've noticed that IEE (unsure about ILE) can sometimes seem initially too trusting, perhaps in the "honeymoon phase" as you've described.

generally i don't apply the label "conspiracy theory" to anything i believe that might be true. even if it does technically qualify as a conspiracy theory, the term seems to have a de-legitimizing stigma, so i avoid it altogether.
    Out of curiosity, are you EII or LII? That's interesting that you're initially in skeptical mode. With me, I find that I'm initially in open-minded mode and then I become skeptical afterwards. Perhaps, that's the difference between being Ne dominant and Ne creative. I agree that Ne doms can be too accepting of conspiracy theories if unhealthy, I have done this myself when I was unhealthy. However, when I'm healthy this doesn't happen and I am much more skeptical.

Also, I don't think Ne doms are the only ones susceptible to being too accepting to conspiracy theories. I have an Se-SEE friend that mindlessly accepts almost every single conspiracy theory minus a few and when I tried to tell him to be more skeptical about these theories, he started getting upset and defensive. I agree that the label conspiracy theory is used too broadly and can be used to discredit theories and ideas that may actually be correct and based on truth.
    Last edited by Raver; 09-09-2016 at 12:54 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes—i can see glimmers of truth in a few of his quotes (just the ones listed in the OP) but he is very roughshod and politically incorrect in his delivery. that lack of tact really strikes me as ILE. despite all, his ideas are creative. most people would not come to the same conclusions as he.

A friend at school was always being laughed at because his father emptied dustbins for a living. But those who laughed worshipped famous footballers. This is an example of our topsy-turvy view of 'success.' Who would we miss most if they did not work for a month, the footballer or the garbage collector?

this is true, however, i wouldn't frame it the same way as Icke. a lot of his ideas seem to carry a distinct undertone of contempt for society, and what we do (as a collective) to 'fit in'.
    His concern and passionate involvement with what's going on with society is making me lean towards IEE for him. I was reading this discussion where another poster, Rick who types as IEE, has noted that ILEs ideas often have little relevance to society and people, which is why they are often forgotten and ignored. "An IEE, in contrast, has a strong inner sense of what things are important (i.e. have the potential to change society, culture, people, etc.)" in Rick's own words. This social observer and catalyst IEE role closely describes David Icke's approach rather than what's written about Alpha NTs on this forum.

I've also thought he could be 6w5 in enneagram. Apparently, this is the type most given to conspiracy theories and having paranoid thoughts (such as Icke's shape-shifting reptilians who are propelling humanity towards some kind of global catastrophe ).

[6w5s] Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home.
    http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-6.html

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression he could be a sensory type trying too hard to get in touch with his intuitive functions.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought mbti-isfp (ESI). Their Ni comes through as images and no Ti so they can’t say no to conspiracy style ideas. Those guys think technology is all from aliens.