Thread: My sister's boyfriend (I think ENFp)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My sister's boyfriend (I think ENFp)

I wrote at one point that he'd dumped her, but they are back on. I've only met him a couple of times and I think he's ENFp but I need someone to tell me whether I'm right because I lack self-confidence or something. Anyway, she's INFj.

He is a psychologist. I'm afraid this could throw me off. Someone other than an ENFp could be a psychologist.

He is often late picking her up. He'll call to tell her he's running late. Then he'll call to ask a question. Then he'll call to ask something else. Then he'll email her to tell her something. Then he'll call again to say he's on his way. He seems a bit helpless - like he needs someone to help him figure out what to do and what to bring places.

He really really wants people to like him. This is very obvious. Big ENFp flag for me there. He tried to relate to everyone in my family in the way he thought they'd respond to - like i noticed he was different with my dad than with my mom than with my brother than with me. He's a psychologist so he'd be good at reading people anyway, but he did it really naturally and it seemed effortless.

My ISFj brother says of him, "He always thinks he's the smartest person in every room." Supervision?

He seems to react negatively to my sister's perceived clingyness. I told my sister to be less clingy (ok I probably worded it nicer than that) and this has made him much more interested in her.

He doesn't like to drive. He would rather my sister drive. The ENFp man across the street who is married to an INFj woman also doesn't drive when they're together. I have some vague theory about who in a relationship drives forming but it isn't together enough for words. Anyway, my sister didn't want to drive either and they talked about it, and he said he doesn't like to drive because it is too hard to pay attention to where to go, so unless it's somewhere he's been a ton of times it's easier to not drive. This is how I feel about driving so this makes me think ENFp too.

He seems to forget things until the last minute. Like they'll be planning to do something and then he'll remember he has something else he has to do. This pisses my sister off and led to the fight that led to her being dumped before. She thought he was not making her a priority. But it's quite possible he just really does forget until the last minute that he was supposed to do something else and isn't able to get out of it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's more likely an ENTp-Ne than ENFp. That's what's throwing you off a bit, I think.

If not, then, yes, ENFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems annoying to me and someone I couldn't depend on. Probably an unhealthy ENTp-Ne.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with ENTp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your input. I will keep my eyes open.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea. Especially while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My sister's boyfriend (I think ENFp)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I wrote at one point that he'd dumped her, but they are back on. I've only met him a couple of times and I think he's ENFp but I need someone to tell me whether I'm right because I lack self-confidence or something. Anyway, she's INFj.

He is a psychologist. I'm afraid this could throw me off. Someone other than an ENFp could be a psychologist.

He is often late picking her up. He'll call to tell her he's running late. Then he'll call to ask a question. Then he'll call to ask something else. Then he'll email her to tell her something. Then he'll call again to say he's on his way. He seems a bit helpless - like he needs someone to help him figure out what to do and what to bring places.

He really really wants people to like him. This is very obvious. Big ENFp flag for me there. He tried to relate to everyone in my family in the way he thought they'd respond to - like i noticed he was different with my dad than with my mom than with my brother than with me. He's a psychologist so he'd be good at reading people anyway, but he did it really naturally and it seemed effortless.

My ISFj brother says of him, "He always thinks he's the smartest person in every room." Supervision?

He seems to react negatively to my sister's perceived clingyness. I told my sister to be less clingy (ok I probably worded it nicer than that) and this has made him much more interested in her.

He doesn't like to drive. He would rather my sister drive. The ENFp man across the street who is married to an INFj woman also doesn't drive when they're together. I have some vague theory about who in a relationship drives forming but it isn't together enough for words. Anyway, my sister didn't want to drive either and they talked about it, and he said he doesn't like to drive because it is too hard to pay attention to where to go, so unless it's somewhere he's been a ton of times it's easier to not drive. This is how I feel about driving so this makes me think ENFp too.

He seems to forget things until the last minute. Like they'll be planning to do something and then he'll remember he has something else he has to do. This pisses my sister off and led to the fight that led to her being dumped before. She thought he was not making her a priority. But it's quite possible he just really does forget until the last minute that he was supposed to do something else and isn't able to get out of it.
    ENTp/ENTP here who was a psych major and going back to grad school in psychology. Sounds a bit like me. :Fe: hidden agenda works for the wanting people to like him. Though ENFps can be known to want people to like them too. I hate clinginess, bugs me a lot in relationships. ENTPs tend to love INFJs.....that's myers briggs talk. Don't know about Socionics, I have a hard time typing INFJs socionics wise and really don't know the answer.