Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFj typology description from socion.info

The Guardian ESFj

By Reuben McNew [ENTp]

Lovers of people, children, and all things pleasant, ESFjs thrive within face of the foundation of culture, structure, and organization. As ethical entertainers, many posess talents and abilities delightful to the eye and pleasant to the mind. If one type was to define the true meaning of love and friendship, it would be the ESFj.

ESFjs have a strong sense of justice, and may feel frustrated by societies by which place little signifigance in ceremonies, laws, customs, and tradition that has been familiar with them throughout their lives. Even while ESFjs often do not understand their reasoning for follow such stringent customs, they follow regardless. In fact, they tend to not ask very many questions concerning their lifestyle or challenge much are at all. Most are perfectly content living the way they have as long as they have and so long as nothing disturbs their way of life they remain content; so do those around them.

An ESFj's social network is usually expansive, including people of all type relations. ESFjs love to be included and accepted by others, and may feel bad if left out of certain social groups. Because of this, they tend to accept the company of almost anyone who expresses interest in them, as they disdain unnecessary rejection and avoidance. Despite of this, ESFjs may find difficulty in maintaining relations with those who lack finer elements, seem grim, cocky, arrogant, egotistical, and mean. For this reason, ESFjs love small talk and could often be seen chattering away with most anyone, though some may seem a little shy. They love honest, optomistic and straightforward people the most, especially people who manifest common elements in character or any other similarities.

However, even though they are extroverts, some may have difficulty breaking bad relations. In result, most may maintain a large numbers of friends and aquaintances who maybe should not be, usually outcast or social defunct and deprived people of some sort. ESFjs may express interest in many of the opposite sex, and not find them totally interesting. Although, When an ESFj is interested in the opposite sex, he or she may play coy until sure of the other's interest; this could be broadcasted as shyness or disinterest to other parties. Contrarily, ESFjs may be bolder than they first appear. When they are sure of someone's interest, there is often very little one can do to hold them back. It is quite usual for an ESFj to become persistent in their pursuit of intimate relations, sometimes too much so. Their lack of intuition and insight into the results of their own behaviour could cause others close to feel suffocated.

ESFjs seek to obtain an orderly enviroment, and may expend much energy to maintain that enviroment. They may carefully keep close check on all of their posessions and mark special places for them. When in their own territory, they may place ethical expectations on others or place items and belongings in such a way that could easily obstruct others in their normal everyday activities. When this occurs, frustrated ESFjs may voice their concerns in a way that could be seen as manipulative and controlling to on-lookers, who may not understand the nature of ESFj logic and their own codes of conduct and moral obligations. For the most part, ESFjs usually set high expectations upon themselves; they strive earnestly to fulfill all of their obligations and to succeed in all their undertakings. When ESFjs fail in their duties, they could be hard of themselves or feel depressed in result.

One weak point ESFjs may often demonstrate is a total lack of conceptual time management. Not only is it completely common for ESFjs to plan activities in ways and times by which are not only totally inconvient, some may even place odd ethical standards on themselves and others that make achieving goals difficult to impossible. In result, plans may be altered and changed, usually at the last moment. Nevertheless, ESFjs make great and loyal companions and helpers; protectors of the weak, the deprived, and lovers of all that is good.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooOoOo... thanks!

hmm... iinnnnnnteresting.

I think my wife is probably ISFj then, I'm all but certain now. There was a lot of generally agreeable stuff here at least with my wife, but your ISFj profile really made my jaw drop and described her a ton better. Functionally, I think would probably be a weaker function for her, or at least not strong enough to be a foundation function as it'd have to be for ESFj. I read the socionics.com profiles too and ISFj seems to be matching her best over there too. Functionally, I think FiSe probably makes a bit more sense for her as well. Her Te and Fe seem to be a bit lacking, which would rule out ESxj. Profile wise, ISTj just doesn't fit her. So that would be most likely ISFj. There's tons more reasons I thought of that back that up both functionally and from the profiles I read, but no time to post it all (and probably not before I go on vacation either) so that's just the quick synopsis.

thanks!

Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    you need to describe the more... partier type esfj or you will get a lot of esfjs thinking that they aren't esfj because that description sounds too boring.
    Maybe, but not all of them are partiers; some of them are actually sort of shy and quiet acting. Maybe I should clarify somewhere in the description that some of them are really jumpy and bubbly and others are a little more quiet or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah include that stuff too but the description you wrote sounds like a 50 year old esfj or something you have to appeal to all esfjs including the 20 year old sorority type girls (or the quiet nature-loving kind that hike a lot or whatever). the point is you should diversify it a bit.
    Good observation, I did pattern the description mainly after my 50 year old ESFj step-father. I guess it does sort of show through in the description.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah include that stuff too but the description you wrote sounds like a 50 year old esfj or something
    haha