Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Olivia de Havilland

She played Melanie in Gone With the Wind:

Olivia de Havilland

Type, IYO?

[hr:ead0dc1ec9]

QUOTES

Famous people feel that they must perpetually be on the crest of the wave, not realising that it is against all the rules of life. You can't be on top all the time, it isn't natural.
    Olivia De Havilland

Playing good girls in the 30s was difficult, when the fad was to play bad girls. Actually I think playing bad girls is a bore; I have always had more luck with good girl roles because they require more from an actress.
    Olivia De Havilland

The one thing that you simply have to remember all the time that you are there, is that Hollywood is an oriental city. As long as you do that you might survive. If you try to equate it with anything else you'll perish.
    Olivia De Havilland

The TV business is soul crushing, talent destroying and human being destroying.
    Olivia De Havilland

We were like a stock company at Warners. We didn't know any of the stars from the other studios.
    Olivia De Havilland

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ixfj ? I dunno.
    asd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was on my type benchmark list, typed based on this interview:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LFxh4JalGFo[/youtube]

There are multiple parts, and I unfortunately can't remember which she was featured most prominently in.

Anyway, ENFj, of the extremely pretentious variety.

As for the other ladies:

Shelley Winters: ESFp
    Dinah Shore: INFj

Shirley Jones and Eva Marie Saint are more difficult. All I can tell is that EMS is probably Si quadra. Maybe INTj. IIRC, Shirley Jones doesn't talk much. Shelly Winters really dominates the conversation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    ... Anyway, ENFj, of the extremely pretentious variety. ...
    Olivia de Havilland as an ENFj? I disagree. What are you basing your ENFj archetype on? Have you known any well IRL? I have ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... this interview ...

Shirley Jones and Eva Marie Saint are more difficult. All I can tell is that EMS is probably Si quadra. Maybe INTj. IIRC, Shirley Jones doesn't talk much. Shelly Winters really dominates the conversation.
    I watched your interview (w/o sound) and looked up the pix to match faces. Shelly Winters doesn't talk at all???

Anyway,

Eva Marie Saint = ESFj and I am 100% sure of that

Shirley Jones = seems ENFj

Dinah Shore || Oprah Winfrey || Joan Rivers ... probably ENFj

Shelley Winters = ESFp is possible

Olivia de Havilland || Betty White in this. I don't see one whit of pretension in her. If anything, I see the opposite ... especially in contrast to the company she's with. She strikes me as being very honest, sincere, friendly and kind. Emotionally vulnerable, too - especially to falling for the pretensions of others.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    ... this interview ...

I watched your interview (w/o sound) and looked up the pix to match faces. Shelly Winters doesn't talk at all???
    Maybe you have the names mixed up.

Anyway,

Olivia de Havilland || Betty White in this. I don't see one whit of pretension in her. If anything, I see the opposite ... especially in contrast to the company she's with. She strikes me as being very honest, sincere, friendly and kind. Emotionally vulnerable, too - especially to falling for the pretensions of others.
    How can you figure all that out without sound?

edit: And I'm assuming || means "is the same type as". Are you still taking that seriously?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj could make sense for EMS. Here is why I think she is most likely an Alpha rational (given that Brando is ESTp):

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    [Elia] Kazan put me in a room with Marlon Brando. He said, 'Brando is the boyfriend of your sister. You're a Catholic girl and not used to being with a young man. Don't let him in the door under any circumstances.' I don't know what he told Marlon; you'll have to ask him — good luck! [Brando] came in and started teasing me. He put me off-balance. And I remained off-balance for the whole shoot.
    That sounds a lot like asymmetric relations, which is why I thought INTj.

Some other descriptions of her I found in cursory searches include "stately and serious", "cool and intelligent", "Hitchcock ice queen" - not really ESFj qualities.

Hitchcock had a reputation for molding actresses into his own creation.

I think he did [that with] Tippi Hedren. She was inexperienced, very vulnerable. I'm an independent person, and I think he sensed that, and we were more adult-to-adult.

He had everything so planned out was that constricting for you?

He had storyboards, but within that you could do what you wanted. When I was climbing Mount Rushmore, he didn't say, "Take off your heels." That was one thing he left out of the storyboards. Well, I've been to the Actor's Studio; I know you don't climb Mount Rushmore with your shoes on.
    I think Hitchcock himself was INTj too, and she was perfectly comfortable with his Ti Ij-ness.

INTj fits really well overall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... this interview ...

Maybe you have the names mixed up.
    Shelley Winters, per Google images:

She's the one in black who sits on the left and does not contribute to the interview.

Anyway,

How can you figure all that out without sound?
    Very easily.

edit: And I'm assuming || means "is the same type as". Are you still taking that seriously?
    || = parallel, as in "I see lateral associations between these types which may or may not result in an equivalent type."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, never mind. Did you watch the later segments of the show?

|| = parallel, as in "I see lateral associations between these types which may or may not result in an equivalent type."
    That's a little vague. If I don't know what kind of similarities you are seeing, then I can't really respond to that (especially if I'm not familiar with the other person).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, never mind. Did you watch the later segments of the show?
    Only the video blurb directly posted.

That's a little vague. If I don't know what kind of similarities you are seeing, then I can't really respond to that (especially if I'm not familiar with the other person).
    (especially if I'm not familiar with the other person). - ?

Well, if it's any help to see where I'm coming from in my typings, I'm compiling a list of ENFjs as prototypes and will post them in Beta sometime ...