Thread: Schizoid Personality Disorder

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Schizoid Personality Disorder

Source: http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe02.html

Schizoid Personality Disorder: A pervasive pattern of detachment from social relationships and a restricted range of expression of emotions in interpersonal settings, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

* neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
    * almost always chooses solitary activities
    * has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person
    * takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
    * lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
    * appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
    * shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity
    Do some of these sound like the traits of an INTJ?!
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you describe here is a disorder, it's not a normal conduct
    But I agree INTj's have a predilection to SDT or probably are more vulnerable to it, due to their POLR Extraverted sensing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sure sound depressing!
    Logical-Intuitive Extravert (ENTj)
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sfds

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...I must be INTj then.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of detachment from social relationships and a restricted range of expression of emotions in interpersonal settings, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:
    1. neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family
    2. almost always chooses solitary activities
    3. has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person
    4. takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
    5. lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
    6. appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
    7. shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity
    I think that INTjs enjoy close relationships with other people, so not number 1. 2. It depends does everything alone, enjoys the company of themselves, or just needs time to recharge. So that one is interpretable. 3 I do not think this describes most INTjs. 4 Nope, an INTJ does like to do certain activities (for me chess, music et cetera) 5 I have more close friends then people that I just know. 6,7 seem about right. I think based on that you could not say that the INTj type, on average, has Schizoid Personality Disorder or exhibits any traits that make them appear to have Schizoid Personality Disorder. I am not saying that they do not have any traits in common with those who have Schizoid Personality Disorder, but it would not be enough for diagnosing them to have such.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    We have to take care of ourselves, universal
    In order to take care of each other, we have to take care of ourselves first. I actually have translated this through my own life long ambition (yeah INTJ to the fragile bone), so that is my mission and ideal in life, it is very rewarding - but also connecting from both a nobel and human relation point of view. Taking care of oneself and the other are the primitive roots of all our well-being. We can only achieve this when there is connection.

It scares me this thought of how fragile human beings are and I'n serious

It's a paradox here that INTj's are supposed to be cold and unemotional, like nothing in the surroundings could ever disturb them, but in fact this type is the most exposed to such disorders
    For INTJ, I think not knowing or lack of knowledge can become their point of being fragile. It is in recognizing where weaknesses lie where one can initiate to become stronger, or so I believe.

All types have in common not wanting to be lonely and all have their character subjected to the weathers of nature. Each are at some point experiencing loneliness in different shells. It mostly is about a disconnection in people, an inability to connect. I feel pain in disconnect, everyone does. I long for connection, as any human being does. We walk on different ways with different skills with different problems of getting to: connection. The INTj type generally experiences allot of disconnect in relation to feeling human warmth from a physical point of view. In my view it is not a unique or more suffering, it is a suffering manifesting in other ways: being physically lonely whereas others are more lonely in the mind or feel a void there. It all boils out to balancing things, or the attempt thereoff when it comes to the human character and their longing for connection. ....at least, I think....and since being INTJ, ideas evolve..
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

evolving is good, stagnation is the worst of the possibilities

I agree and I think everyone agrees that nobody wants to be lonely.
    Our whole life is a search for strokes, in English "stroke" meaning both a pleasant or an unpleasant interaction, native speakers please confirm
    Of course that the pleasant interaction is the most desirable, but unpleasant interaction is better than none

Quote Originally Posted by universal
    being physically lonely whereas others are more lonely in the mind or feel a void there.
    Here I have to disagree with you as I don't think that most people suffer from feeling a void in the mind. I mean, come on, if stupidity is painful there were lots of people out there on the streets screaming out loud
    LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here I have to disagree with you as I don't think that most people suffer from feeling a void in the mind. I mean, come on, if stupidity is painful there were lots of people out there on the streets screaming out loud LOL
    Stupidity on what exercise? You can be intelligent but at the same time not understanding. It can be a void in that it leads to uncontrolled emotion - good example being relating to the ENTP where the INTJ balances (to which I am admittedly pre-judged). It seems to me you will not impress many with your emotional intelligence. That is what I mean. I'm stuck in thought just like you, we are emotionally stupid in that we can feel but hardly communicate them without using reason. That is being stupid too, only in another way. I mean, how many of what you call stupid people have no problem mating and simply relating versus the INTJ?
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sfds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean stupid in the sense of common people who don't care that much about knowledge, you see
    And I don't think they are suffering from lack of knowledge or in your words "void in the mind" I suppose this was your point

And believe me "stupid people" meet fewer difficulties in everyday life
    I mean they are more relaxed, not thinking that much
    True. I did think about this mostly in relation to ENTP, perhaps I should have emphisized that in stead of rambling. I was kind of pressing buttons randomingly here I guess. I'm very new to all this socionics mumbo jumbo, so I bet I have allot to learn here. I like it so far.
    Allow me to disapprove with you once again
    Sure, be nice and don't get cocky now :wink:
    as this Extraverted Sensing, this is the weakest place of INTj's. Take a look in the functional analysis of this type This means their sensoric or phisical connection with the world is poor, so they may feel frustrated at times, as their experience in this field is limited
    and also their abilities
    Where can I read about this so that I could have told you the same thing? Gugu baba? That sounds like a baby.
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sfds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please look at my previous post. there is the link
    gugu, baba, I can't see it, gugu, you will have to point it out to me

I'm sorry if I sound cocky, it's not in my nature to be and people seem to misunderstand me on this
    Please don't sorry me, baba, that's asuming doing wrong, gugu, you know better then that, don't you? Not sounding gugu cocky by the baba way.

Well yes I chose this name because I think it describes me as I think I am childlike with all my seriousness, but I'm not a child. I am 20
    Now you are telling me your age, better get a grip on yourself Gugu baba.....

I'm baba, Universal because gugu, I am always sounding very baba, serious
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sfds

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course that the pleasant interaction is the most desirable, but unpleasant interaction is better than none.
    I will never understand that.
    I would much rather be in my own company and lonely than be having unpleasant interaction. Preferring unpleasant interaction? that just seems really desperate and dependent to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan.
    Of course that the pleasant interaction is the most desirable, but unpleasant interaction is better than none.
    I would much rather be in my own company and lonely than be having unpleasant interaction. Preferring unpleasant interaction? that just seems really desperate and dependent to me.
    Same here. My viewpoint when it comes to marriage is that the only thing better than being single is being happily married.
    INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan.
    Ok I'll explain and hopefully you'll understand better

This was actually the conclusion of an experiment on guinea pigs
    What they did was making 3 groups of this little animals. Furthermore, they created different living conditions like food and attention.
    The first group was treated with special care and love , the second was treated badly, the poor creatures were even beaten up now and then, and the third was paid no attention to, no caressing, no beating, no nothing just food.
    The results were that the state of psychollogically health of the second group was unquestionable better than the third group

The study conclusions were that our whole life is a search for strokes, both pleasant and unpleasant which are better than none.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    yes i brought up the same thing awhile back. the correlation between schizoid personalities and intps was one made intuitively by the admin. feel free to disagree with him, i do.
    Pedro,
    where is that thread that you were talking about, please?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'll explain and hopefully you'll understand better

This was actually the conclusion of an experiment on guinea pigs
    What they did was making 3 groups of this little animals. Furthermore, they created different living conditions like food and attention.
    The first group was treated with special care and love , the second was treated badly, the poor creatures were even beaten up now and then, and the third was paid no attention to, no caressing, no beating, no nothing just food.
    The results were that the state of psychollogically health of the second group was unquestionable better than the third group

The study conclusions were that our whole life is a search for strokes, both pleasant and unpleasant which are better than none.
    All woman at some point just insist to compare man to pigs.

I think what gugu_baba is trying to say is that she identifies herself with a pig needing to be treated bad sometimes. Which, according to pig sciense, is actually healthy.
    TeNi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see universal has pretty much got the idea

Anyway I don't compare man to pigs, but science does.
    They believe there is a correlation between these guinea pigs and the human behaviour