Thread: Socionics rookie bootcamp - training program

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics rookie bootcamp - training program

I know we did this before, but either link it or start some new ideas.

How should someone start off learning socionics, even if they have no clue about MBTI or anything like that, starting cold? What should we recommend to them?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To stay away and not get involved with it.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    To stay away and not get involved with it.
    awww come on... this is good stuff. People just need to not get so obsessed with it. Those who end up using less social skills and trying to see people more through theory than by using their own eyes after "learning" socionics have totally missed the point IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics has aided my weak Fe tremendously. I understand people a hell of a lot better having studied it for some time, which in turn has made it somewhat easier for me to deal with social situations. There's still much for me to learn, but socionics has been a very useful tool for me.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    Socionics has aided my weak Fe tremendously. I understand people a hell of a lot better having studied it for some time, which in turn has made it somewhat easier for me to deal with social situations. There's still much for me to learn, but socionics has been a very useful tool for me.
    ditto for my weak Fi and for understanding relationships better.

lessee, to answer the question, don't you think rick's site does a good job of this? he's got articles on philosophy, understanding info facets, functions, etc. but it's all pretty Ti - if you have that kind of mind, good but if not....dunno....perhaps descriptions are a better place to start then. or mbti. then you get to graduate to socionics. hehehe

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    ditto for my weak Fi and for understanding relationships better.

lessee, to answer the question, don't you think rick's site does a good job of this? he's got articles on philosophy, understanding info facets, functions, etc. but it's all pretty Ti - if you have that kind of mind, good but if not....dunno....perhaps descriptions are a better place to start then. or mbti. then you get to graduate to socionics. hehehe
    No, for beginners Sergie Gannin's site is much better. Even the16types.info is much too technical.

I say this not from my own opinion, but from the feedback I have received from others who express interest in socionics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg

No, for beginners Sergie Gannin's site is much better. Even the16types.info is much too technical.
    i dunno i like how this site has each type linked to a different personality disorder with point form "Likes" and "Dislikes". It's not scientifically valid but it makes the system more easy to approach and fun to show your friends.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those personality disorders you refered to are actually Oldham personality types and from http://www.ptypes.com . And they're actually MBTI based (the correlations) . <_< >_> The more you know...