Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reason

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reason

Is the reason are all irrational types because they are based on an instinctive, primitive mode of living, while are more human?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Reason

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Is the reason are all irrational types because they are based on an instinctive, primitive mode of living, while are more human?
    Feeling isn't a natural instinct too?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why?
    Stop going all on us.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why?
    because a cheeseburger is composed mostly of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen. these four elements generate sufficient amounts of fatty acids which can be dispensed with and decomposed to create sufficient energy to generate several hundred billion molecules of 1,1,3 triopropyl glyceride out of tetramethane with one amino group and one hydroxyl group.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Reason

Generally people with irrational leading functions are more "perceptive" i.e. they are more likely to observe and be reactive to changes in their environment. People with rational leading functions are more "judging" i.e. they are more likely to be proactive in molding their environment. I don't know if you can conclude that the latter approach is more "human". It is not even that simple as introverted and extroverted types differ in this. E.g. extroverted sensing types are directly connected and reactive to their environment where introverted sensing types sort of "filter" the external sensory information with their body before reacting to that. So they actually do not react to the external stimuli like people but to the sensation it causes in them. In a way it makes them even more irrational. And so on. Perhaps you could say that rational types make decisions in a more conscious way where for irrational types decisions come more subconsciously. Subconscious is not same thing as instincts. This description is probably not completely accurate but something to get discussion going.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers, XoX. That's a good theory.

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Then why?
    because a cheeseburger is composed mostly of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen. these four elements generate sufficient amounts of fatty acids which can be dispensed with and decomposed to create sufficient energy to generate several hundred billion molecules of 1,1,3 triopropyl glyceride out of tetramethane with one amino group and one hydroxyl group.
    niftweed, why are you answering all my questions with shit about cheeseburgers and games?

Creepy-bg

Then why?
    niftweed, why are you answering all my questions with shit about cheeseburgers and games?
    lol that's just what Niffweed does. You just gotta get used to it... (bitching about it just tends to make him revert to pure numbers and mathamatical symbols )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why?
    I'm not sure why he does that but I have a theory about that too. It is some form of disapproval. He does it pretty often and not only to you. I think the message is that he doesn't respect your questions much. He thinks you talk non-sense which deserves a non-sense answer. It might also be that you have made him a bit grumpy by saying something offensive (this includes something which he considers stupid). In addition it is sort of humor. Really, don't try to change him or reason with him about that. He generally can't be affected. He is likely an INTp and a very sarcastic one too. Even more than usual. Not only that but he is also from New York. But really...don't try to reason with him or "cure" him or understand him even. Either ignore him completely or accept him as he is and laugh at his strange jokes and sarcastic attitude. Those are pretty much the only options for interacting with INTps of his kind. At least in my opinion.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Then why?
    I'm not sure why he does that but I have a theory about that too. It is some form of disapproval. He does it pretty often and not only to you. I think the message is that he doesn't respect your questions much. He thinks you talk non-sense which deserves a non-sense answer. It might also be that you have made him a bit grumpy by saying something offensive (this includes something which he considers stupid). In addition it is sort of humor. Really, don't try to change him or reason with him about that. He generally can't be affected. He is likely an INTp and a very sarcastic one too. Even more than usual. Not only that but he is also from New York. But really...don't try to reason with him or "cure" him or understand him even. Either ignore him completely or accept him as he is and laugh at his strange jokes and sarcastic attitude. Those are pretty much the only options for interacting with INTps of his kind. At least in my opinion.
    I call it autism.

I had a feeling that's what he meant: 'you talk bullshit, Ezra, therefore I do'. Well, that's bullshit, because I think all my questions are perfectly reasonable.

Creepy-bg

Then why?
    I call it autism.

I had a feeling that's what he meant: 'you talk bullshit, Ezra, therefore I do'. Well, that's bullshit, because I think all my questions are perfectly reasonable.
    you are by far not the first to call Niffweed autistic (for what it's worth I don't think he is... he's just... um.... Niffweed lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call it autism.

For what its worth Gilly probably shares your opinion on this matter I can come up with three possible explanations for this. You are ESTj in which case he is your supervisor. You are ENFj in which case you are his supervisor. You are ENTp and his contrary in which case your relations is more or less unstable and neither of you can respect the other's point of view in the end. Alphas seem to have most problems with his attitude and this includes all Alpha types here from ISFp to ENTp.

Edit:
    Of course you could be ESFj and be direct conflictor with him.

Creepy-bg

I call it autism.

For what its worth Gilly probably shares your opinion on this matter I can come up with three possible explanations for this. You are ESTj in which case he is your supervisor. You are ENFj in which case you are his supervisor. You are ENTp and his contrary in which case your relations is more or less unstable and neither of you can respect the other's point of view in the end. Alphas seem to have most problems with his attitude and this includes all Alpha types here from ISFp to ENTp.
    I like Niffweed

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why?

think about it. you're a smart guy, maybe you can figure it out.

or maybe you lack the socionics knowledge to do so; i don't know you well enough to make that judgment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why?

or maybe you lack the socionics knowledge to do so; i don't know you well enough to make that judgment.
    I think it's even beyond and to completely figure you out, Niffers.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    ISFps You want to have the freedom to have problems with him and to like him at the same time. Only ISFps can do that.

Creepy-bg

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    ISFps You want to have the freedom to have problems with him and to like him at the same time. Only ISFps can do that.
    I don't think I've ever had a problem with Niffweed... have I?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    Fine. Sorry.

Creepy-bg

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    Fine. Sorry.
    dick

(JK )

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very witty. You're using an extended metaphor to explain Socionics theory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    Fine. Sorry.
    dick

(JK )
    slut

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rofl

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumb bastards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is weird.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    I fuckin love niffweed; I don't know what this douche is talking about Who has problems with niffweed? Stop talking out of your ass, XoX.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    Me too!
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is both embarassing for multiple people and utterly hillarious.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    you think i'm embarrased by this thread?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he used to be a little twerp like Phaedrus and Johnathan. Now he actually has a personality

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you think i'm embarrased by this thread?
    LOL not at all. You're the hillarious part. Self-conscious, are we?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike the Lemniscate of Bernoulli or the Lemniscate of Booth, the double point at the origin of the Lemniscate of Gerono is not an ordinary double point, having a delta invariant of two. The dual curve (see Plücker formula), pictured below, has therefore a somewhat different character.

Creepy-bg

Yeah he used to be a little twerp like Phaedrus and Johnathan. Now he actually has a personality
    who has personality? (I'm too lazy to go look back at who yer talking about )

Creepy-bg

Unlike the Lemniscate of Bernoulli or the Lemniscate of Booth, the double point at the origin of the Lemniscate of Gerono is not an ordinary double point, having a delta invariant of two. The dual curve (see Plücker formula), pictured below, has therefore a somewhat different character.
    I afraid I can't accept this... where is the dual curve that supposed to be pictured below? how do I know you aren't just making up this Plücker formula thing? it even sounds like a joke name.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dual to lemniscate of gerono, given by picker formula:

(x² − y²)^3 + 8y^4 + 20x²y² − x^4 − 16y² = 0.

happy?

Creepy-bg

dual to lemniscate of gerono, given by picker formula:

(x² − y²)^3 + 8y^4 + 20x²y² − x^4 − 16y² = 0.

happy?
    yes... thank you. I now see your side of the matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    I fuckin love niffweed; I don't know what this douche is talking about Who has problems with niffweed? Stop talking out of your ass, XoX.
    I SAID FINE. It was a mistake and I wasn't trying to put down niffweed or putting words into your mouth or all that. I just got a little carried away. It sometimes happens that I perhaps "talk" too much and all that. And I sort of forget the rules of decent conduct. I'm sorry about that. I was more or less just referring to how Ezra's and niffweeds exchange of arguments reminded me of your and niffweeds exchange of arguments sometime long in the past. I know those more or less were just "innocent" arguments and they do not reflect the state of your current relationship in any way.

On another topic. Personally I had pretty positive initial experiences with niffweed. I also like several aspects of his personality. He seem very warm and reasonable guy behind is "cold" logical exterior. Apparently very intelligent too even if he uses this intelligent more often to destroy than to create. My relations with him hasn't really evolved in any direction since the beginning though so I cannot say much more.

Damn I hate this thread. I dislike it when I do such errors of judgment. I was acting weird in all my posts yesterday probably. So you can call it embarrassing if you like. I more or less call it annoying as I'm not really embarrassed but just annoyed at myself and this whole thing.

Creepy-bg

I call it autism.

I like Niffweed
    I SAID FINE. It was a mistake and I wasn't trying to put down niffweed or putting words into your mouth or all that. I just got a little carried away. It sometimes happens that I perhaps "talk" too much and all that. And I sort of forget the rules of decent conduct. I'm sorry about that. I was more or less just referring to how Ezra's and niffweeds exchange of arguments reminded me of your and niffweeds exchange of arguments sometime long in the past. I know those more or less were just "innocent" arguments and they do not reflect the state of your current relationship in any way.

On another topic. Personally I had pretty positive initial experiences with niffweed. I also like several aspects of his personality. He seem very warm and reasonable guy behind is "cold" logical exterior. Apparently very intelligent too even if he uses this intelligent more often to destroy than to create. My relations with him hasn't really evolved in any direction since the beginning though so I cannot say much more.

Damn I hate this thread. I dislike it when I do such errors of judgment. I was acting weird in all my posts yesterday probably. So you can call it embarrassing if you like. I more or less call it annoying as I'm not really embarrassed but just annoyed at myself and this whole thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you are good at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast