Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ILI-EIE Supervision relations (INTp and ENFj)

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI-EIE Supervision relations (INTp and ENFj)

So today was our last day in classes before graduation and I asked my INTp English teacher to tell us what he thought of me and my friends. He told me that I was emotional and that it was "second nature" to me, and he also told me that I was intuitive. Anyway he said behind all the emotions, and my intuition I don't possess a thirst for real knowledge or logic . What do you guys think. Are all beta NF's percieved this way with INTp's?
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTp perception of ENFj's

Quote Originally Posted by onetreehilluver
    So today was our last day in classes before graduation and I asked my INTp English teacher to tell us what he thought of me and my friends. He told me that I was emotional and that it was "second nature" to me, and he also told me that I was intuitive. Anyway he said behind all the emotions, and my intuition I don't possess a thirst for real knowledge or logic . What do you guys think. Are all beta NF's percieved this way with INTp's?
    Yes. My sister is the same. As soon as I start to argue a point logically, she doesn't want to care any more.

Edit: Also, did you English teacher have a knowledge of Socionics or MBTI?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    Yes. My sister is the same. As soon as I start to argue a point logically, she doesn't want to care any more.
    Oh wow. Te is an ENFj's role function so I'm guessing that we really dont care it about it much. We've talked about Socionics with him but he never got around to really research it or even understand what functions are or anything about it in particular except for the fact that we read the INTp profile to him.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like something an INTp would say.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds to me like he was reading off functional descriptions of dominant Fe and Te role. his responses fit in with the model of socionics model far too well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Yes. That's exactly what I would be thinking anyway. And that's pretty much how many NF's (and other types, especially F types) come across to me.

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    he also told me that I was intuitive. Anyway he said behind all the emotions, and my intuition I don't possess a thirst for real knowledge or logic
    So do you agree or disagree with this statement?
    I believe in gaining as much knowledge as possible and I admit I dont like logic. I see myself as a hardworker even though I have been slacking off lately. I feel like I have to really want to do something in order to be motivated like reading a book. My goal is to read as much as possible and since I am starting college pretty soon I want to be on top of everything.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    formerly onetreehilluver

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe in gaining as much knowledge as possible and I admit I dont like logic. I see myself as a hardworker even though I have been slacking off lately. I feel like I have to really want to do something in order to be motivated like reading a book. My goal is to read as much as possible and since I am starting college pretty soon I want to be on top of everything.
    I don't know if logic is something you can like or dislike. good luck in college.
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Yes. That's exactly what I would be thinking anyway. And that's pretty much how many NF's (and other types, especially F types) come across to me.
    I've yet to meet a mature ENFp that has trouble listening to logical arguments; mostly applies to INFps, too, when they respect you.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    he also told me that I was intuitive. Anyway he said behind all the emotions, and my intuition I don't possess a thirst for real knowledge or logic
    So do you agree or disagree with this statement?
    The thing is real knowledge cannot be gained without using logic. Otherwise it is not knowledge you are gaining but a shadow of knowledge. I thought you started this thread because you were afraid that he is actually right? So obviously you now need to prove him wrong which I'm sure you will with your determination. I totally understand the need for passion to be motivated. However it is perhaps better to slow down a bit every once in a while and think things through. Being emotional doesn't prevent you from doing this unless you consciously build a barrier in your mind where you think you can manage without using logic if you just push hard enough. INTps probably have it the other way around. They think they can do well by betting everything in logic. Well just thoughts which crossed my mind as I was unsure of the motivations behind this thread. Was it about clearing up your insecurities or showing how INTps fail or just sharing thoughts. I thought I'd contribute something

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp/ENFj... wat is that? Supervision? Yeah, it sounds like something your Supervisee would say about you. He recognizes the function you do have in common (Ni), and feels frustrated dealing with the functions you don't (Te v. Fe).
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway he said behind all the emotions, and my intuition I don't possess a thirst for real knowledge or logic
    By reading this I get the impression that you're suggesting it's not true.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eliphalet
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    it sounds to me like he was reading off functional descriptions of dominant Fe and Te role. his responses fit in with the model of socionics model far too well.
    lol, yes.

Someone's trying too hard.
    The guy knows nothing about socionics, unless he's learning about it behind our backs Could be he's just old and has been around a lot of people
    but your interpretations may be doctored by the theory. actually i've seen a bit of this type of behavior before from Fe types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know...of course its the enfj that supervises the intp so in my own simplisted way im going to say its what the enfj thinks of the intp that maters and what the isfp thinks of the enfj that matters and so on.

lefty
    enfj 4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Matters?
    is likely to provide the most information. i think the supervisor is more likely to provide valuable guidance to the suprvisee than vice versa. And the information the supervisor gets through this interaction is more valuable, because they're the one actively using the information. that may or may not highlight something about the nature of the person being supervised, but i'm not trying imply that supervisory relationships determine the overall worth of either "partner," in such an interaction or in that interaction as a factor in groups.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFJs are the uber social climbers, even ESFJs are not as focused on that as you guys. But I know your secret lusty desires too
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ENFJs are the uber social climbers, even ESFJs are not as focused on that as you guys. But I know your secret lusty desires too

woah! wat is our secret lust desirees Dioklecian? haaa??
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    formerly onetreehilluver

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well...socionics speculates that enfjs want to be rich, does it not?

lefty
    enfj 4w5

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lefty

well...socionics speculates that enfjs want to be rich, does it not?

lefty
    enfj 4w5
    yes lefty and I'm pretty sure that's accurate but I wanted to know wat Diko.... meant
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    formerly onetreehilluver

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIE-ILI Supervision relations (ENFj & INTp)

After my experience with ILIs men I would say they are the most boring and self-pitying partners I have ever had! They say they aren't the jealous type and let you go to the party alone because they have to work, study etc. But after the party they start act cold and you can do nothing with it.
    But the worst thing about them is that they have no passion! They have this depressing love going around them. They write poems to you but actually all they want is to have someone who will deal with all they problems (and they have a lot of them) when you stop carrying about his hysteric mother or rude boss and start talking about things YOU care they decide that you are too apathetic and start act cold again and what means NO SEX (which isn't a big loss because i found ILIs men too soft and again... boring in bed).
    Oh and ILIs are really very loyal... physically only.. because they do NOT forget half of their exes.
    Being a SEE girl I don't believe in -your dual is the best for you- theory anymore. I am going out with another SEE right now and he is the best man I have ever had!

And sorry for my English.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

maybe you're really an INTp. .. and you don't realise how cold you yourself are!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was an INTp I probably now wouldn't be writing this but doing some work.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post

THEN DO SOME WORK!!! STOP PROCRASTINATING !!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're an ILI, you wouldn't be doing either. you'll probably be lazing around or messing with your computer.
    INTp
    sx/sp

After my experience with ILIs men I would say they are the most boring and self-pitying partners I have ever had! They say they aren't the jealous type and let you go to the party alone because they have to work, study etc. But after the party they start act cold and you can do nothing with it.
    But the worst thing about them is that they have no passion! They have this depressing love going around them. They write poems to you but actually all they want is to have someone who will deal with all they problems (and they have a lot of them) when you stop carrying about his hysteric mother or rude boss and start talking about things YOU care they decide that you are too apathetic and start act cold again and what means NO SEX (which isn't a big loss because i found ILIs men too soft and again... boring in bed).
    Oh and ILIs are really very loyal... physically only.. because they do NOT forget half of their exes.
    Being a SEE girl I don't believe in -your dual is the best for you- theory anymore. I am going out with another SEE right now and he is the best man I have ever had!

You say in plural, but this really only sounds like just one person.

I don't write poems That's lame.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i had two INTps and they were identical. except one was chronically depressed and the other wasn't.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and poems... they are sweet when you have a man who doesn't know how to say compliments.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that ILI you know sounds kinda self obsessed. he seems to only wanna talk about his own problems and not listen to what you have to say. there's something terribly wrong with him. lol!

i don't write poems either. i have better things to do, like computer games.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-Cyclops

It sounds like the INTp's you've known have tried to open up to you. Interesting, ESFp's i've known quite like seeing what's behind, their little sensitive souls. Maybe you are looking for fun just now in life rather than someone serious.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    ESFp's i've known quite like seeing what's behind, their little sensitive souls. Maybe you are looking for fun just now in life rather than someone serious.
    I like seeing what's behind and I think that was the only reason why I've been with them for so long.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Your INTp sounds like a friend of mine who I've typed as INFp though he's hardly like the other INFps I know but has way more Fe than Te any day.

I sometimes write poetry but I'm a girl, so there.

And I don't know about others, but I sure as hell am one to avoid doing work if I can unless it's a project I'm doing out of my own initiative. Otherwise I'm lazy as hell.

He sounds like another depressed IP who needs a hug and needs to get the f*ck over himself and realize not everyone is his mommy. People like that piss everyone else off.
    Yeah he was lazy but he always had this answer "I have to do some work" when I wanted to take him out.

And not everyone... now he has this girlfriend who seem to deal with him just fine and she is not ESFp. They haven't got any fights in 4 months period.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    that ILI you know sounds kinda self obsessed. he seems to only wanna talk about his own problems and not listen to what you have to say. there's something terribly wrong with him. lol!

i don't write poems either. i have better things to do, like computer games.
    well he plays computer games too and this is not a good thing since he is 22.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm 22.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The average age of a video game player in the United States is 35; you don't outgrow video games.

Edit: although taken to an excess it can interfere with other aspects of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I've been more and more noticing "coldness" in guys .. I think quite a lot of guys do it ..
    yes. me too. and not just ILIs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a male ILI who's married to an SEE (for like 16 years now) and he writes poetry. He's great at it actually. She's very bubbly and yeah I think she likes his soft depressive qualities. I find him charming but ultimately would bug the living daylights out of me if I had to live with him. He makes a good friend though.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not all people of a certain type are the same.

their psychological make up, aka, the part we try to explain with personality type theories and other bullshit, is only one third of who they actually are or why they are that way. if even that much.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yes. me too. and not just ILIs.
    You're a girl, you're allowed to notice coldness in guys. I'm a guy - I'm not meant to notice

On the flip side, I think that I too can be cold at times. And from that point of view, I don't give a shit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    You're a girl, you're allowed to notice coldness in guys. I'm a guy - I'm not meant to notice

On the flip side, I think that I too can be cold at times. And from that point of view, I don't give a shit
    Well I suppose if I'm honest, I'll admit that I can appear cold at times also. Sometimes it feels like either I'm on or off, like a lightbulb. If I'm on, I'm warm, to everyone. If I'm off, I'm cold unless someone says something or gives me a look or something to flip that switch.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast