Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some observations on Statics

Today I was working in a group of four statics (all different types - what's more all Pe subtypes: INTj-Ne, ISTj-Se, ESFp-Se, and ESTp-Se), and I noticed a few things.

First: because they have the same conscious elements, communication between Statics is practically instant. (I assume it would be the same for Dynamics.) You hear a lot about intraquadra communication being easiest, but IME that is not the case. What quadra types share are unspoken values, so they can predict each others' beliefs and ideological reactions. However, when it comes to working together, Duals and Activators obviously are not ideally suited.

Second: Se ego types are just as idealistic as Ne ego types. They both want to enforce their specific vision (derived from Ji in the ego) on the world. However, Ne types do it in the world of ideas, whereas Se types do it in the world of concrete objects. What they both lack is a moment-to-moment handle on their environment and its development - this is what Dynamics give them, in the form of Pi.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like some interesting and reasonable observations. What are Ji and Pi? Is Ji the same as I--j and Pi the same as I--p?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Some observations on Statics

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Today I was working in a group of four statics (all different types - what's more all Pe subtypes: INTj-Ne, ISTj-Se, ESFp-Se, and ESTp-Se), and I noticed a few things.

First: because they have the same conscious elements, communication between Statics is practically instant. (I assume it would be the same for Dynamics.) You hear a lot about intraquadra communication being easiest, but IME that is not the case. What quadra types share are unspoken values, so they can predict each others' beliefs and ideological reactions. However, when it comes to working together, Duals and Activators obviously are not ideally suited.

Second: Se ego types are just as idealistic as Ne ego types. They both want to enforce their specific vision (derived from Ji in the ego) on the world. However, Ne types do it in the world of ideas, whereas Se types do it in the world of concrete objects. What they both lack is a moment-to-moment handle on their environment and its development - this is what Dynamics give them, in the form of Pi.
    yes! this is the most interesting thing i've read in awhile. do you have any concrete examples? like something that would bring a visual to mind?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree. The significance of the static/dynamic division is being sorely underplayed in the socionics community of today. I consider it the most impactful of all dichotomies.

I have noticed from my conversations with tcaudillg that a difference in static/dynamic in the exertion type is also wont to generate communication difficulties, though. (we can never agree on how to describe functions to give an example)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when it comes to working together, Duals and Activators obviously are not ideally suited.
    Wtf? That's the opposite of the truth. Dual is the best relation to work togheter by far, exactly becasue there is one static and one dynamic
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    yes! this is the most interesting thing i've read in awhile. do you have any concrete examples? like something that would bring a visual to mind?
    We were working on putting a tent together, so it was like, you go there and hold that pole, and this part has to go next, etc. The whole thing revolved heavily around Se and Ti, but I found it easier to communicate even with my Conflictor. It's as though he was switching into ESTp mode at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    when it comes to working together, Duals and Activators obviously are not ideally suited.
    Wtf? That's the opposite of the truth. Dual is the best relation to work togheter by far, exactly becasue there is one static and one dynamic
    With Static + Dynamic, there has to be a division of labor, and it's even more noticeable if they have opposite strengths. You can't really be working on the same part of the process.

This may be Alpha-biased, but I actually think the best part of Duality is the conversation. It's where the shared values and information preferences are most significant.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    I completely agree. The significance of the static/dynamic division is being sorely underplayed in the socionics community of today. I consider it the most impactful of all dichotomies.
    I think I agree, though I feel like I/we have a long way to go in understanding it. Strange, since Model A is built around it (it explains the function ordering, which otherwise seems funky - though the way we do socionics it probably is ).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Static + Dynamic, there has to be a division of labor, and it's even more noticeable if they have opposite strengths. You can't really be working on the same part of the process.
    Of course, and the result is the best this way, since each party takes care of the aspect he's the strongest at.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit