Thread: "Sam"

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Sam"

I'm going to do this a little backwards and post my ESFj's description of this person before I say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by An ESFj
    Do you know, my first impression of [Sam] wasn't a good one? It still sorter isn't. She seemed cocky to me... just... so sure of herself.

The thing is she and I are too much alike to get along.

I didn't like her. I don't know why. Well... she had a sorter know it all.... confident.... "I'll beat you in [sports]" sort of attitude.

She has a nice smile. She is very nice. She isn't a leader, yet she can take charge, if that makes any sense.

I do like that she can me macho, yet loves to be feminine also. She can get away wearing a nice outfit and wearing [sports] clothes. She seems distant to me though. I can never get close to her. I suppose that is something I don't like, or maybe just don't understand. She doesn't seem like one who trusts. Just like me, I don't trust very easy.

Strong. She has a strong personality, very dominant. Yet, she isn't a type A sorter person.

I really don't know her, if I knew her better I think I would like her.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not enough information.

"Too alike to get along"? This is sheer rubbish, but alike in what?

Anyway, I guess ENTj, ESTj or ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    ESTp?
    yeah.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought of ESTp, but then the "too much alike" makes little sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I thought of ESTp, but then the "too much alike" makes little sense.
    I could see someone feeling similar to their benefactor (more than some relations, at least).

I mostly see Se (as described from a non-Se person's viewpoint). Actually, ISTj seems more likely now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hhmmm...I think ESTj. But so little information to go on...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    "Too alike to get along"? This is sheer rubbish, but alike in what?
    Don't say that about my friend! But, no, I'm not sure what she's talking about. Maybe I'll ask her.

Here's more information from my perspective:

She can be goofy and fun with people, especially people she knows and kids. But she is also often quiet and reserved. I think that may make her appear unapproachable to some people, but I think it's just her not talking as opposed to her not wanting to interact with or not liking people. Unless she feels it's her responsibility, she doesn't go out of her way to talk to people she doesn't know. But when she does, she's relatively good at creating small talk and such, though it's not her greatest strength. She seems to prefer getting people to talk about themselves.

She likes sports, especially track, and she'll be competitive but not to an extreme. She knows how to have fun with it and doesn't take herself too seriously. She's pretty easygoing and doesn't take offense easily.

She tends to dress more casually and sporty. She's fit and makes sure her appearance is clean and acceptable, but she doesn't go out of her way to dress up or be fashionable. I find her comfortable to be around in that regard. I know she won't judge me or maybe even notice if I'm not perfectly dressed, either.

I find her friendly enough and we get along well. We don't talk a whole lot, as it seems we run out of things to say and our humor doesn't always quite match up. It's close but slightly off. But we find it nice encourage each other, say hi as we pass one another during the day, etc. I find her presence comfortable.

Oh, and she plays violin, which surprises a lot of people because they don't see her as the symphony/concert hall type.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.