Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: "Sherri"

  1. #1
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default "Sherri"

    If we weren't both committed to being forgiving and working well together, there might have been a potential for animosity, or at least a great distance and coldness. We find it incredibly difficult to "get" each other. It's not that we lack respect or even admiration, in part… It's just that we really can't understand the other. We are very, very different.

    Usually, when I look at someone, I can establish… how to put it… a commonality… or an understanding… a bond…? Anyway, it’s usually missing with her. Instead, it's like I'm looking at an alien, whose thought patterns are so different that even basic communication is difficult. Every attempt at communication is strained, though that doesn't keep us from trying every so often.

    Again, it's not that I don't like her. I do. In fact, I admire her in many ways. She's energetic, competitive and skilled at sports, great at standing (more like jumping around, actually) in front of people. She's great at joke- and story-telling. She easily entertains and holds the attention of crowds, especially younger people. So, pretty much she's good at everything I'm not. Kids of all ages love having her direct activities, but she tends to like working with older kids (Jr. high and up) best. She doesn't seem to always know what to do with the younger ones, especially babies, and she's definitely not a cuddly type of person.

    She's never been very feminine in manner or dress, though that's changed a tiny little bit since her recent marriage. Sportswear is still her favorite type of clothing, appropriately so. (not that sportswear can't be feminine)

    She gets along very well with the other ESTp, the camp director. They share the same humor and understand each other well.

    Hm, that’s all for now.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  2. #2
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow. Sounds like my friend -- ENTj Ni subtype! The part about sportswear fits the ENTj PoLR description, too. Theoretically, your relationship sounds like Contrary, though it's also reminiscent of my conflicting relationship with my ESTj teacher.

    Does ENTj make sense?
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  3. #3
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Does ENTj make sense?
    Not if you consider that Minde is INFj.

    She's probably ESTp. ENFj is also possible but ESTp is probably it.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  4. #4
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought of Extraverted Beta as well.

  5. #5
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, I was thinking ESTp, too. It's nice knowing others also think so.

    Again, the is easy for me to see, but I'm still having issues identifying .
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  6. #6
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Yes, I was thinking ESTp, too. It's nice knowing others also think so.

    Again, the is easy for me to see, but I'm still having issues identifying .
    Can you describe her in more detail?

    Would you say that she has a "presence" that impels people to be obedient under her watch? Someone whom others look up to? Does she fit Filatova's ESTp or ENTj description more?

    I ask because it can be very easy to see in ENTjs as well.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  7. #7
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    Yes, I was thinking ESTp, too. It's nice knowing others also think so.

    Again, the is easy for me to see, but I'm still having issues identifying .
    Can you describe her in more detail?

    Would you say that she has a "presence" that impels people to be obedient under her watch? Someone whom others look up to? Does she fit Filatova's ESTp or ENTj description more?

    I ask because it can be very easy to see in ENTjs as well.
    Interestingly, it's hard for me to describe her in more detail. I'm not exactly sure why. It's hard for me to get a good grasp on her.

    She has a "presence" but not one that necessarily inspires obedience. Not that type of presence. Um... more like a burning candle. Or one of those small, hard rubber bouncy balls. If that makes any sense at all. I always have wanted to please and obey her, but more because I like pleasing people in general than because she especially inspires it. It feels like I work harder for her because I lack that connection that usually tells me what to do and when I've achieved my goal.

    I haven't compared the Filatova descriptions, yet. I'll try to when I get the chance.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •