Thread: Visual Identification questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visual Identification questions

obviously, ones appearance can influence thoughts and emotions (tall short fat skinny, etc)
    but i dont see how personality can possibly correlate to appearance
    like, how people can look at pictures of celebrities and their facial characteristics, and based off of that make a guess at what type they are.
    it just doesnt make sense to me
    does anyone have an explanation for this?
    ISFp; SEI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are not alone in your confusion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we knew the answer to that, we might know how type arises in the first place.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VI

Quote Originally Posted by jelly grass
    obviously, ones appearance can influence thoughts and emotions (tall short fat skinny, etc)
    but i dont see how personality can possibly correlate to appearance
    like, how people can look at pictures of celebrities and their facial characteristics, and based off of that make a guess at what type they are.
    it just doesnt make sense to me
    does anyone have an explanation for this?
    Yeah its an interesting question. Sorry to intrude on Alpha area as you probablly want a nicely formed Ti response which i cant give :wink:

Tall and short surely cannot correspond to type..
    Fat and Skinny i can see it corresponding slightly more. Im sure some function preferences are more likely to correspond to gluttony and others more to exercise (like Se for example). The problem is people lead such different lives (some are depressed, instilled different values), that relying on body size is likely to lead you down the garden path.

What i do to some degree believe is that Vi can work in the way a person moves and how they express themselves. An ENFp for instance is likely a smiling type and an ISTp/J is unlikely to smile in the same way. Seeing someone a few times with a deep scowl can help you rule out a type. Sensors and Intuitives in my opinion may have a different way of Seeing the world. Sensors being more grounded in the physical whilst Intuitives are more spacey. The eyes are the window to observing this. Body Posture, the appearance of confidence and shyness can also give you tips as to what functions may be being used.

Perhaps clothes i think can also give you a hint. An ESFp who trusts her body and wants to attract boys could be among the types to wear really short skirts. A really loud shirt could tell you something about a persons personality(maybe an ENFp) although not like me.

All of the things are Hints though. As a body language expert will explain, you need to see things in clusters. Consider all the parts together and then you might have a type. Thats why i agree with you. Still pictures provide no where near enough information for a correct Vi. Celebrities also need to wear social masks and keep up appearances.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I need to know is my dual is the same type as the most beautiful woman in the world.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so your dual is an ISFP?
    ISFp; SEI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not an ENTp, no.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you didnt get the joke... i was implying that i'm the most beautiful person in the world : P
    ISFp; SEI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is very likely you will be the most beautiful person in the world to your dual as well, so fear not.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    It is very likely you will be the most beautiful person in the world to your dual as well, so fear not.
    *Applauds* Quite possibly the most romantic thing you have ever said UDP. props!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari