Any recommendations? Not just for me , I'm sure other people will benefit too - I like to read books, but they way I pick them in a book shop is based on whether they have an interesting cover, or based on the description on the back + the final test of whether the words are readworthy - not the same with discovering new music - it's harder to know what a book is like...

Anyways:
A ESFj friend of mine recommended The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (which I liked, even if I couldn't relate to it very much - it's from a different time to me ) and Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto, which I've ordered but haven't read yet - she looks like an appealing author from what I found out from teh internet (is it good? .

Two of the latest books I've read (latest meaning something like five years ) which I like are The Constant Gardener and Enigma by Robert Harris - I kinda like books where the main characters are fighting against some giant hidden thing like corporate corruption in Africa, or an outstanding reclusive mathematician trying to single-handedly beat the Nazis by cracking their code - of course, he has to be slightly unhinged for dramatic effect.

I like Harry Potter books too (but who doesn't) and Dan Brown (yes, I know, shoot me) - I like eventful things with clever twist and turns happening in an unusual, maybe dreamlike world (by eventful, I don't mean the Rocky or Die Hard films in book form - I'm sophisticated, ya know?). I don't like books about urban housewives, who go about their daily business and have lots of problems arranging unexpected tea parties etc. - but I did like the angst (if that's the right word) in The Bell Jar to a certain degree too - so books similar to that where not a lot necessarily happens are O.K. too.

(...Are there any books left? Thanks if anyone bothers to help me in my plight for summertime reading - I appreciate it )