Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Your experience and stories with LSEs-ESTjs

  1. #1
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Your experience and stories with LSEs-ESTjs

    LSE's are often considered "leading" by Myersians. This is true - LSE's like efficiency, manipulate and administrate resources more efficiently than others, are objective, but sociable and empathetic, usually not aggressive (in contrast to caricatures).

    They like to calculate and take risks, to improve efficiency, not on an individual (like LIE's tend to), but on a collective scale - you know : LSE's are cool.

    Example 1 : my driving teacher is LSE - I have an hard time to learn to read (more than 80 lessons and counting !), but although he becomes angry at times, he usually bears me, like few can do (I'm very nervous when I drive). He's organised, planned, knows everything he wants (he made nearly no hesitation when giving orders). When I make mistakes, reacts at the last moment, not mothering me at all. Some people may type him LII.

    Example 2 : in my Catholic youth association, there is a team leader who is LSE - he's very popular inside and outside his association, and really deserves that. Everyone listens to him when he speaks, everyone knows his loud, but sweet voice. Knows what should and shouldn't be done when doing things. Pragmatic but friendly.

  2. #2
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    I think they're funny as F@#K when you get them going on bitching about the world. Good reliable people in buisness settings and otherwise. LOTS of fun to get high with for the first reason given :wink:

    /edit... aww shit... I thought this was about SLE's. nevermind

  3. #3
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a great deal of respect for them. The three guys i know are all extremely successful. One has a business that employs 20 staff, one is an IT Networking professional for a large bank and my best friend has graduated from medicine with very high marks.

    They like to do interesting stuff like jet skiing, camping, travelling etc. They always seem solid and confident which levels out my emotions and brings me into the real world. Mentally they are sharp as a knife.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IME LSEs have no idea at all as to how to organize their lives without getting bogged down and wasting enormous amounts of time on highly irrelevant details.

  5. #5
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I think they're funny as F@#K when you get them going on bitching about the world. Good reliable people in buisness settings and otherwise. LOTS of fun to get high with for the first reason given :wink:

    /edit... aww shit... I thought this was about SLE's. nevermind
    Arguably, LSEs are just as capable of this. Arnold Schwarzenegger is an LSE. Check out some of his political views:

    "To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say, Don't be economic girlie men!" –at the Republican convention

    "If they don't have the guts to come up here in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you, I want to represent those special
    interests, the unions, the trial lawyers ... if they don't have the guts, I call them girlie men.
    " –describing Democratic lawmakers in California

    "All of a sudden, we see riots, we see protests, we see people clashing. The next thing we know, there is injured or there is dead people. We don't want to get to that extent." –on the dangers posed by gay marriage

    "As you know, I don't need to take any money from anybody. I have plenty of money myself. I will make the decisions for the people."

    "Don't worry about that." -on the environment

    "I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman."

  6. #6
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I think they're funny as F@#K when you get them going on bitching about the world. Good reliable people in buisness settings and otherwise. LOTS of fun to get high with for the first reason given :wink:

    /edit... aww shit... I thought this was about SLE's. nevermind
    Arguably, LSEs are just as capable of this. Arnold Schwarzenegger is an LSE. Check out some of his political views:

    "To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say, Don't be economic girlie men!" –at the Republican convention

    "If they don't have the guts to come up here in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you, I want to represent those special
    interests, the unions, the trial lawyers ... if they don't have the guts, I call them girlie men.
    " –describing Democratic lawmakers in California

    "All of a sudden, we see riots, we see protests, we see people clashing. The next thing we know, there is injured or there is dead people. We don't want to get to that extent." –on the dangers posed by gay marriage

    "As you know, I don't need to take any money from anybody. I have plenty of money myself. I will make the decisions for the people."

    "Don't worry about that." -on the environment

    "I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman."
    that's boring compared to what an SLE would say, there's no cursing or style to it... there's no passion.

  7. #7
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How do you know whether an LSE likes you?

    I knew an LSE back in junior college but we have lost contact now. An ISFp friend and my ISFj mum thought that he had an infatuation on me after I complained about the things he had done which indirectly irritated me. Admittedly, I'm very bad in picking such signals and by the time this possibility was presented to me, he already had a girlfriend.

    We basically first met in junior college and he was the one who first approached and talked to me. Compared to all the other girls in the class, he talked to me most often and I wasn't interested in getting to know him better 'cos we had different interests and he came across as too mature and strong. He enjoys talking about the home parties he had organized, the people who made out at his parties, treating the ESTp guys in our class to free booze, the desire to run for student council, rugby, tennis etc. During Chinese classes, he would choose to sit beside me and chat with me, using the excuse of asking for homework help, to the extent that the Chinese teacher asked him if he likes me infront of the whole class.

    Moreover, there was once when I bought a milkshade and without asking for my permission, he just took it and sipped from the straw. I was kind of irritated to the extent that I threw the whole cup of milkshade away 'cos I don't really like sharing drinks with others, especially when I only knew him for a month so far. Around the same time, he showed me his ID and I thought it was kind of weird to show me his personal particulars when we barely knew each other for a month. Our interactions went smoothly until one day he asked me if I liked anybody so far, and I mentioned an SEE guy from another class whom I had a crush on. He looked kind of surprised and disappointed on hearing it and I didn't know why he reacted that way. From that day onwards, he stopped talking to me or sitting beside me during Chinese class. Within two weeks, he became attached to an ISTp girl from our class after she had made the first move. Their relationship caught the whole class by surprise especially when we had only known one another for two months.

  8. #8
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Moreover, there was once when I bought a milkshade and without asking for my permission, he just took it and sipped from the straw. I was kind of irritated to the extent that I threw the whole cup of milkshade away 'cos I don't really like sharing drinks with others, especially when I only knew him for a month so far.
    so how long does it take to...you know... ...let a guy sip your milkshake?

  9. #9
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This one LSE is perhaps the nicest, kindest, funniest, most balanced, in short the best person I've ever met. He's really a tribute to humanity.
    The other one I knew wasn't so... nice. His idea of solving differences of opinion was driving me into submission with clever manipulation of my choices. He was no shy to apply force as well, if needed. I avoided him like the plague. Something inherently psychopathic about his demeanor. But oddly enough, he was only like that with me. My IEE friend is good friends with him and he tells me he is a good and nice person.

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Mentally they are sharp as a knife.
    Same in my experience.

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They waste a lot of time for nothing, but other than that they are okay, although they also learn a bit slowly in my opinion even if they are good at remembering useless shit

    actually if i have to be honest, if there's one type of the socion i can't stand is LSE.

    they bug the shit out of me as bosses because they perceive me as lower rank but i perceive them as lower rank than me
    they bug the shit out of me in sports because they think they are better players than me and i think i am better than them, of course we are both right
    they bug the shit out of me socially because they are boring as crap and they think i am too loud, brash and outgoing and they also think i am bad with girls wheras i only show off less than them and they do not have a clue on how to manage their feelings
    they bug the shit out of me as subordinates because they try to instruct me on how to do things and i only want to strangle them to shut up, probably the same feeling they have when they have me as subordinate

    thing is, even if they are genuinely nice people, this stuff always happens with them and me. since some fools also think i am a genuine person, when they see me and an lse interacting they are astounded by how much we hate each other immediatly.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I swear to God.. LSEs are impossible to affect by emotion... My creative Fe does NOTHING on them, merely makes them even calmer and more annoying to me. I get increasingly agitated.. I believe my Bio teacher is an LSE and goddamn, I hate her guts, TBH. She has this "fair" attitude towards everything and I suppose objectively, it seems that way, but I know that deep down inside, she dislikes me and enjoys being "fair" towards me in certain situations where I believe I deserve a break but she still gives me a Zero instead of a Nomark and detention instead of letting me off. Fuck... I've never been more annoyed with a teacher, she totally turned me off the entire subject of science. She teaches well though, when she does talk because she makes everything very clear and efficient (Te) for people. But her tests are hard as fuck .. ?! She apparently had cancer or something and never made it into med school because of that and thus became a teacher as a result, since she was supposed to die before she would ever get the chance to go further in her education. It *is* kinda sad, yes, but I don't see any spark of passion in this woman. I really don't. I don't even feel the stress she went under, the psychological damage that must've put her through. She's like .. inanimate. Very cold, yet still strangely polite.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  12. #12
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The one I know is a nurse. I like her but she overreacts to situations. She's lives by the rules and regulations of company and government.

    Here is an example of LSE behaviour:
    We have a resident who has an abcessed tooth. He also had a traumatic brain injury and lost his ability to speak. He can only moan and fidget in his wheelchair. He has no way of complaining of pain. We are to assume he is in pain because he HAS an abcessed tooth. This whole business of 'assuming,' is impossible for the LSE. Because his pain medications are as per his request, and he can't make requests, he will not be given them by her. Her argument is, "How am to know if he's in pain and wants medication? I'm not putting my liscense on the line." She's a very good nurse but a real taskmaster. Her best qualities are her Te: She always keeps her staff informed(You'd think we'd be more informed, but generally we are not) to the resident's conditions and care plans. She has iniative in handling problems and knows what to do in any situation. And she's a pleasant person.
    asd

  13. #13
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    The one I know is a nurse. I like her but she overreacts to situations. She's lives by the rules and regulations of company and government.

    Here is an example of LSE behaviour:
    We have a resident who has an abcessed tooth. He also had a traumatic brain injury and lost his ability to speak. He can only moan and fidget in his wheelchair. He has no way of complaining of pain. We are to assume he is in pain because he HAS an abcessed tooth. This whole business of 'assuming,' is impossible for the LSE. Because his pain medications are as per his request, and he can't make requests, he will not be given them by her. Her argument is, "How am to know if he's in pain and wants medication? I'm not putting my liscense on the line." She's a very good nurse but a real taskmaster. Her best qualities are her Te: She always keeps her staff informed(You'd think we'd be more informed, but generally we are not) to the resident's conditions and care plans. She has iniative in handling problems and knows what to do in any situation. And she's a pleasant person.
    Christ fuck that sounds like hell... is there some sort of document I can draw up that says I always want the medication in that situation?

  14. #14
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No. But it's really only typical of her. She's a very extreme version of her type. Most of the other nurses give out medications.
    asd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •