Thread: General announcement

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default General announcement

I have created a wiki site to keep track of findings and objective information about socionics: http://wikisocion.org/
    Contribute as you see fit.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that site is supposed to be based on classical socionics, but can someone define that concept more accurately, so we'll better understand which concepts are lacking or not ? I'm talking of course about :

* Dichotomies
    * Small groups or Quaternions
    * Plus and Minus
    * Non-A models such as Models T or B
    * Dimensionality of psychic functions
    * etc.

I mean - how can someone recognise if a socionic concept is "classical" or "non-classical" ?

Which are the criteria to make socionic concepts "classical" ?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The site is on socionics, not classical socionics. All viewpoints may be entertained. However, there is a category for "classical socionics" concepts simply for ease of navigation and study. Here is what is written in that category:

"These are the core socionic concepts that are used by most socionists and are taken for granted in the community. The vast majority of these came from Aushra Augusta."

* Dichotomies = yes, classical
    * Small groups or Quaternions = possibly
    * Plus and Minus = probably not
    * Non-A models such as Models T or B = no
    * Dimensionality of psychic functions = no
    * etc.

That doesn't mean that these things are wrong or shouldn't be in the encyclopedia. On the contrary. They just won't be in this section. As you can see, Wikisocion already has articles on all kinds of stuff:

- Visual identification
    - Temperament
    - How to Find Yourself and Your Best Match
    - New York City
    - Myers-Briggs Typology

(full list here)
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    The site is on socionics, not classical socionics. All viewpoints may be entertained. However, there is a category for "classical socionics" concepts simply for ease of navigation and study. Here is what is written in that category:

"These are the core socionic concepts that are used by most socionists and are taken for granted in the community. The vast majority of these came from Aushra Augusta."

* etc.

That doesn't mean that these things are wrong or shouldn't be in the encyclopedia. On the contrary. They just won't be in this section. As you can see, Wikisocion already has articles on all kinds of stuff:

- Visual identification
    - Temperament
    - New York City
    - Myers-Briggs Typology

(full list here)
    So which section will be allocated for non-classical socionics ? I don't think a section labeled "Non-classical Socionics" will appear serious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick

* etc.

- Visual identification
    - Temperament
    - New York City
    - Myers-Briggs Typology

(full list here)
    So which section will be allocated for non-classical socionics ? I don't think a section labeled "Non-classical Socionics" will appear serious.
    There are a lot of articles that don't belong to any section.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I might look to editing some of the Alpha Stratievskaya profiles in the next few days, as a part of a process of getting to know them better - I could start on ISFp\ESFj, if only because no one is likely to object. I don't know any Russian (did anyone expect that I did ), so where the words don't come out good, I may try to guess the general meaning from the rest of the paragraph - I think also, some paragraphs may be interpreted differently by different people, so we obviously need group input on each profile (yay, what fun!).

It might be interesting\informative to have a page of examples\case studies (rather than simply a discussions page) to make the abstract sentences more clear to those who don't get the meaning.

(Is this is a worthwhile undertaking, or am I just being a busybody? ).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed there is a line from one of my speculative writings on this forum in the wiki in the Ti PoLR section. Just so there is no confusion about it, I did not put it there myself. I take it this was Rick's decision. (I do not have a problem with it either way)

As to wether that line should be in the wiki or not; the ExFp's can probably decide on that better than I can.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    As to wether that line should be in the wiki or not; the ExFp's can probably decide on that better than I can.
    *raised eyebrow*

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    That's the worst spell of whether I have ever seen! (sorry, couldn't help myself...).