Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Types and alcohol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types and alcohol

what types like more to drink according to you ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Types and alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    what types like more to drink according to you ?
    Just stop posting!
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live with another ESFJ and we're both pretty much alky's.
    I couldn't see this related to type though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt this is related to type either, but it will be amusing to see nonetheless. But I seriously doubt that my favorite drinks will be correctly matched to the LII.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't drink. I never quite saw the point of drinking per se but I liked the euforia it created at parties.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Creepy-bg

I pretty much can't stand alcohol... gives me immediate headaches that last for the next 24 hours. I used to like it though when I was a wee billygoat

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I don't drink. I never quite saw the point of drinking per se but I liked the euforia it created at parties.
    There is drinking to get drunk (or getting that certain girl drunk) and then there is drinking for taste. There is also social drinking at parties, but it is often so interchangeable with the first category that it is practically the same. But often when you drink for taste, you are usually accompanied by a good small group of close friends.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely ever get drunk, I usually don't like when I get really drunk, but I love just sitting around playing poker, bowling, or pool when i'm drinking.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can never understand why people like alcohol or how they can become alcoholics since it doesn't taste good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people with slower metabolism and more body mass may enjoy alcohol more since the effects of the drug last longer and have less immediate negative effects like headaches, and extreme drunkeness. They need to consume more though. I'd say sensors enjoy alcohol more, or are better at tolerating it since more often than not sensors have more body mass and slower metabolism than intuitors. I enjoy the drug, but i get terrible, puking hangovers and within hours of drinking have mindnumbing headaches from the drug's dehydrating effects. What can I say? I'm a thin man with a very rapid metabolism. A stereotype of the intuitive man.
    asd

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love drinking socially. Just drinking with friends and chatting at a bar or cafe. It's very relaxing. And alcohol kinda "relaxes" people (depends how much you drink), and you sometimes get to know people a lil more. Of course I don't mean them getting drunk and talking crap.
    I rarely get drunk, probably because I don't plan to.
    O.. I've never gotten a headache after drinking, not yet anyway, don't know why.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I can never understand why people like alcohol or how they can become alcoholics since it doesn't taste good.
    It's an acquired taste. I agree that if you start drinking stuff like whisky, it does't taste good since the only "taste" is that of the alcohol. If you get a bit used to drinking wine, for instance, you stop focusing on the taste of alcohol and rather on the taste of wine, which added to the "sting" of alcohol, and its slow effect, add up to a unique sensation.

The same with beer -- once you get used to its bitter taste, you start to enjoy the fine taste underneath, an appreciate the effect of alcohol.

Now go and drink.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Machintruc
    As they produce, in average, less serotonin, Introtims are more likely to drink (in contrast to Extrotims, which generally prefer to smoke).
    You know what that means - although I'm emotionally stable, I like to drink to stun myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I occasionally swallow a shot or two of liquor to alleviate a headache or anxiety after a long day of work. Probably about once a week and don't enjoy it, but it has it's uses. Don't do beer or wine.

Prefer the herb, which I would use every day of my life if it were around.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to really enjoy it but lately not so much. I find it tends to exaggerate my mood at the moment and lately my mood hasn't been very high so I get quite depressed and emotional whenever I drink. One day of heavy drinking can ruin a whole week for me. I dont know if that happens to anyone else? I'm about ready to give it up except for the occasional drink.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Prefer the herb, which I would use every day of my life if it were around.

LoLoLoL

I don't think this alcohol thing is related to type...but anyhow, I like to drink every so often. I like beer, light and dark depending on the mood, and I like mixed drinks. Long Island Ice Tea, Sex on the Beach, those are good because of the content of alcohol, and I don't have to drink a bunch of bullshit just to get buzzed. Sometimes I just do a few shots of tequila to get the "woooooo!" feeling started quickly.

My drinking habits are random, and I normally don't drink for consecutive days, unless the type of drink changes day-to-day...which it doesn't because I'm not 21 so I work with what I get.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herb is for hippies, alcohol is for super-cool people like me lol

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<----------------likes alcohol and drinks/goes out 2-3 times a week, but I don't drink unless I'm going out. My ISFj dad likes to drink and does so every day, but it's probably for a completely different reason. I think a lot of ISFj's like to drink to ease an inner tension they are feeling. As for me it's just about having fun, and I won't drink unless I'm around a positive crowd.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    <----------------likes alcohol and drinks/goes out 2-3 times a week, but I don't drink unless I'm going out. My ISFj dad likes to drink and does so every day, but it's probably for a completely different reason. I think a lot of ISFj's like to drink to ease an inner tension they are feeling. As for me it's just about having fun, and I won't drink unless I'm around a positive crowd.
    I'm an ENTp by the way.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj dad

I'm an ENTp by the way.

that must suck
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    It's an acquired taste. I agree that if you start drinking stuff like whisky, it does't taste good since the only "taste" is that of the alcohol. If you get a bit used to drinking wine, for instance, you stop focusing on the taste of alcohol and rather on the taste of wine, which added to the "sting" of alcohol, and its slow effect, add up to a unique sensation.

The same with beer -- once you get used to its bitter taste, you start to enjoy the fine taste underneath, an appreciate the effect of alcohol.

Now go and drink.
    Yeah, it really is just about the same thing with other drinks such as tea or coffee. The only real difference is the alcohol behind it. And whiskey is not all that bad once you get used to it (especially in coffee).
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    ISFj dad

I'm an ENTp by the way.

that must suck
    We actually get along rather well. Not in a deep way, but more in an "activity" partners type way. Which made me think that there is a slight possibility that he's an ESFj. A bunch of things make me think otherwise though......

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Expat said, Any alcohol is definitely an aquired taste. Many people at a young age that start drinking, do it because it's just cool and they wanna get drunk. later on, people do it because they actually like the taste and the feeling (or lack of it) that it gives you. I myself didn't start until I was 20 years old and if it hadn't been for a promise that I made to a friend a few years earlier, i'd probably still not drink... but that's a different story.
    the first time I ever had beer it tasted like pure shit, and now after becoming a beer/wine drinker... I've found that natural light and miller high life, really are shit...hahaha.
    But now, after drinking beer for about 7 or so years... along with every other alcohol... I've found things I like and things I don't, much the same as someone who likes lemonade but not sodas. Not all alcohol tastes the same and finding something you actually like is kind of the hard part.
    It's funny how here in Oregon drinking is a very big part of the social norm around here. When I think of all the things that have alcohol as a large part of them it's amazing. I go to about 5 or so beer festivals a year, maybe a wine, food, or music fest downtown or other things like that also, I go wine tasting with friends about once a month, and most of my friends actually brew their own beer. It's cool when brewing beer because we go sit around watching the beer making while drinking most of the last batch that was made the time before and grilling some steaks. I never really get drunk doing most of these things but it's a huge part of my social life. For some reason, everyone's always in a good mood and it's always a good time...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like drinking personally. I've never been properly drunk, although I've been about halfway there on the one or two occasions I've actually drank. I just don't like the taste of either the alcohol or the alcoholic drinks.

FWIW, I seem to take on the effects of alcohol if I'm around a lot of people who are drinking, including the morning hangover (I've never had a hangover from the couple of times I actually drank). I don't lose co-ordination or anything like that though, it's probably a purely psychological thing.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    FWIW, I seem to take on the effects of alcohol if I'm around a lot of people who are drinking, including the morning hangover (I've never had a hangover from the couple of times I actually drank). I don't lose co-ordination or anything like that though, it's probably a purely psychological thing.
    damn, life would be so much cheaper in your shoes...lol

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have about two drinks and I'm out. I'm a cheap drunk. One will do it if i haven't had anything to eat beforehand. No joke.

I've never been a fan of beer or wine, mixed drinks can be highly addictive such as bloody mary's...not sure how someone could say those aren't tasty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drink socially, on occasion (which is very rare, I might add)... but definitely not to get drunk.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber
    I drink socially, on occasion (which is very rare, I might add)... but definitely not to get drunk.
    Like most ethical types do...

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber
    Like most ethical types do...
    Huh, how do you lead to this conclusion? xSFp's general attitude towards alcohol contradicts this notion, to give one example of ethical types where there are plenty of examples that don't act this way, if you are in fact saying that rockclimber's attitude is common for ethical types.

Let's not forget, alcohol is a drug that serves as a social device, and for many people, also a relaxation and coping device, as several other uses. No matter how great alcohol may taste, almost all adults who drink alcohol aren't just drinking it for the taste; alcoholic beverages are things with multiple benefits to the user. As for myself, I do drink a moderate amount of alcohol, although I have only been drunk a few times in my life. I practically never started drinking until a year ago though, which compared to some of my peers, is tad bit above starting age. I never drank alcohol in High School, and at my first college, even though there were people drinking, never even thought about it. I never saw the appeal to getting insanely drunk, or just drinking alcohol to just get drunk or tipsy; I need something to taste good and be refreshing to drink while at it. While some of my friends will be content drinking from kegs and mixing vodka with some random soda from the soda machine, I attempt to consider flavor an important consideration when drinking alcohol, attempt being the key word.

And yes, it is an acquired taste. I can drink whiskey and beer and enjoy it. I have a harder time dealing with non-chilled wine for some reason.

I don't mind being buzzed, tipsy, etc. My behavior does obviously change when I drink, but it's something I don't really mind if I am in the right mood when I drink. I can't drink too much when I am in an irritable mood though, I just end up getting upset. That's why I save drinking any amounts of alcohol greater than one 80% concentration shot worth of alcohol for the start of weekends or special occasions. When I become authentically drunk, lets just say I get crazy.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess Deltas and LSI-Ti (especially LSI-Ti females) are less likely to drink alcohol. Most likely that I've observed are EIE, ILE-Ti, SLE-Ti, and ESI. LSI-Se and SLE-Ti drink more alcohol than LSI-Ti and SLE-Se. Beer is nasty, I prefer red wine. Women seem to drink alcohol more than men now.

I would drink to reduce inner tension, but it doesn't have a consistent effect on me (just like valium doesn't but I still take it). Marijuana actually reduced inner tension way more consistently for me. Haven't used it since 2006, my friends set everything up, I don't know how to pack and light the stuff up.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like weed infinitely more than alcohol, and probably would drink way less if I still had access to it, but Japan is nothing if not an alcoholic culture so I drink more here. I'm doubtful it's type related though. I think it just depends on your biology and the culture you grew up in. No one in my family ever really drank. I only really started for social reasons, and I hate hangovers so much that I'm very careful not to drink to that point. One of the other things that irritates me is that I can't really create if I've been drinking. I just end up falling asleep, whereas with weed I can get insanely high and draw a ton then have no sort of hangovery aftereffects when it wears off. When I drink outside of a social context it's usually just a small amount of something that tastes nice like a plum wine or rum and coke
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much like to drink; it's relaxing and feels great for me. I would guess I'm susceptible to becoming an alcoholic. Its downsides are that it tends to make me lonelier and want to seek out people more. I drink primarily to get drunk, but do prefer certain tastes. Good vodka is inoffensive and refreshing, but all tastes pretty similar, and since I like to try different things, I tend to buy whiskey or anise-flavored liquor.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really drink. I'll really only do it at social events and that's rare. Tried mixing some rum with juice while I was home one day. I think I poured too much. I hated how I felt afterwards and I've never touched that bottle since.

I really want to try a mojito though
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to love just drinking casually. Now, when I drink, it's mostly because it makes the dead people go away. BUT after drinking my Sx can get worse. This morning I woke up and saw this ghost, hallucination, or whatever you want to call it, leering over me smiling. He said "That's me" I said "Great, I don't care" I can't even describe in words how creepy looking he was. I said "And tell my brain it's an asshole on your way out."

I was perturbed all day today. I don't want to see that ghost again...he seemed off his rocker. He looked like he painted himself dark brown with paint and then the white in his eyes was making him look like a lunatic and he wouldn't stop grinning. Straight out of a horror movie.

Anyway, my parents are IEI and ESE and they both hate alcohol. My SLE brother and I like drinking, but my SLE daughter and ILE son got one hang-over and swore off alcohol forever. Their SLI dad drinks too. I'm not so sure drinking is type related at all. I think it's a personal preference...
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have not yet tried alcohol, other than kombucha with slightly higher alcoholic concentration that I had illegally (consumed under 21).
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    I need to try out diff kinds of drinks
    not cocktails or mixed bc I can't have sugar

had absinthe once at a restaurant and I liked it. I dislike what I have had of beer and wine.
    Just FYI, absinthe is almost always poured over a sugar cube
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    yeah they gave us the cube but we didn't use it lol
    there wasn't much absinthe anyway since it was divided between two people
    Oh lol alrighty then! I just wanted to warn you in case you had a serious medical reason to stay away from sugar
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate alcohol. The way it tastes, the way it makes me feel, the way I feel the next day, the price it costs, and all the psycho drunks and drunk drivers, etc. Nothing good about it really. But anecdotal the person I know who drinks the most is ESE.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom (ILI) and dad (ILE) we’re both alcoholics when I was young, but my mom quit drinking when I was 10 and hasn’t touched alcohol in nearly 20 years.

I started drinking when I was 14, mostly with friends, but sometimes I would steal alcohol from my grandparents and get drunk by myself lol. I developed a real drinking problem in my late teens/early 20s. I decided to quit when I was 24, and next month will be 5 years since I’ve had a drink.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    My mom (ILI) and dad (ILE) we’re both alcoholics when I was young, but my mom quit drinking when I was 10 and hasn’t touched alcohol in nearly 20 years.

I started drinking when I was 14, mostly with friends, but sometimes I would steal alcohol from my grandparents and get drunk by myself lol. I developed a real drinking problem in my late teens/early 20s. I decided to quit when I was 24, and next month will be 5 years since I’ve had a drink.
    Man, I would have really liked you as a kid. I felt like I was the only person I knew who was at all rebellious or independent; everyone else was either a psycho Jesus freak with a weird authoritarian view of how families should work, or was so smothered by their helicopter parents they never developed a personality. It drove me crazy. I always wanted to meet the kind of teenager who stole alchohol or snuck to parties like movies/pop culture tried to assure me existed, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast