Thread: IEIs/INFps feeling mental haze, laziness, procrastination

Creepy-female

Default IEIs/INFps feeling mental haze, laziness, procrastination

-poof-
    Last edited by female; 04-26-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit; I thinks it is in your genes. Ever thought of that?

You cant change, and if you have simulated it in your mind that is probably good and will definitely have an better outcome then most other people. Like it is hard to fly like superman but it is easy to imagine it. Just rock on, dolphin! Try some psychadelicas ^^

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the IXXp temperament to want to preserve energy as opposed to expend it. I think you need to take a step back and validate for yourself what is REALLY worth expending your energy on. It is very easy to confuse other people's priorities with our own, and very easy to subconsciously sabotage yourself if you don't know, in explicit terms, what is in your best interest. Take a moment and answer the following questions: What sort of people do I need to be around in order to be happy? What sort of activities do I enjoy doing? In what sort of places would I like to spend my time?

A lot of the time, you'll find you have "energy drains" in your life. That is, things that do not truly reflect what you REALLY want and need, but are spending your precious energy on. Are you spending time around people who exhaust your mental/emotional reserves? Perhaps it's time to let those people go (or at the least, learn to not let them monopolize your energy), and move on to the sort of people you need to feel your best. Are you working in an environment or on a project that you aren't enthusiastic about? Time to find a new job/rethink your participation in the project. Are you spending time in a place that you dislike? Is it messy/dingy/depressing/boring/lonely, etc.? Time to do some cleaning/redecorating/painting/moving.

Procrastination is a manifestation of subconscious desires, or lack thereof. If you find it difficult to muster the energy to do something, it is either 1.) an energy drain, or 2.) you aren't fully convinced it's in your best interest. In the former case, listen to yourself. In the latter case: you need to convince yourself, in explicit terms, WHY it is worth doing (namely: in what way does it reflect what you really want out of life). Only then will you have the motivation you need.

These suggestions will help you better prioritize your energy, because God knows we don't have very much to spare.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    It is the IXXp temperament to want to preserve energy as opposed to expend it. I think you need to take a step back and validate for yourself what is REALLY worth expending your energy on. It is very easy to confuse other people's priorities with our own, and very easy to subconsciously sabotage yourself if you don't know, in explicit terms, what is in your best interest. Take a moment and answer the following questions: What sort of people do I need to be around in order to be happy? What sort of activities do I enjoy doing? In what sort of places would I like to spend my time?

A lot of the time, you'll find you have "energy drains" in your life. That is, things that do not truly reflect what you REALLY want and need, but are spending your precious energy on. Are you spending time around people who exhaust your mental/emotional reserves? Perhaps it's time to let those people go (or at the least, learn to not let them monopolize your energy), and move on to the sort of people you need to feel your best. Are you working in an environment or on a project that you aren't enthusiastic about? Time to find a new job/rethink your participation in the project. Are you spending time in a place that you dislike? Is it messy/dingy/depressing/boring/lonely, etc.? Time to do some cleaning/redecorating/painting/moving.

Procrastination is a manifestation of subconscious desires, or lack thereof. If you find it difficult to muster the energy to do something, it is either 1.) an energy drain, or 2.) you aren't fully convinced it's in your best interest. In the former case, listen to yourself. In the latter case: you need to convince yourself, in explicit terms, WHY it is worth doing (namely: in what way does it reflect what you really want out of life). Only then will you have the motivation you need.

These suggestions will help you better prioritize your energy, because God knows we don't have very much to spare.
    this is good. esp for IP types.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFp and getting out of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by introspectivedolphin
    I'm not sure if this is true for all INFps, but I'm either lazy or just detached from reality. It's hard to explain, like there's a haze around me. I think things over in my head, fantasize, theorize, but when it comes right down to just doing something, I'm terribly weak. I procrastinate, I make excuses, I feel guilty, but I can't make myself do it. I need others to give me that push.
    Sounds familiar.....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that Western society overvalues Action. By this I mean we celebrate people that deal with their problems by doing something about it in the short-term. Ni-types, being prone to contemplation, are naturally at odds with this societal momentum
    INFp-Ni