Thread: Result of: "how your quadra views other quadras"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Result of: "how your quadra views other quadras"

So, knowing we are inherently set to a different disposition with other people, what are we going to do with this information? Are you just going to try to make relationships based on your quadra? Or....?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have lots of friends of different quadras - including Alphas! Including INTjs even!

I use it like I use all of Socionics. If I think someone is being WHATEVER and it's relevant to their type/quadra or our relationship, I say to myself something like, "She doesn't mean to come across that way - it's just a supervision thing and not intentional - let it slide off your back." So I am able to step back and not take things personally that I might otherwise.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the quadra thing happens in real life when people of the same quadra group together and click along the lines of their quadra values. so for example, here at the forum a couple of people from a given quadra might start interacting along quadra lines, but it's brief, and everyone usually returns to the main forum. so i think people from other quadras would notice when this happens and might judge the nature of the interaction between the members of said quadra, but my main issue is that it's not like there's these strict groups of people who are in the same quadra with an inviolate boundaries around them. social stuff is a lot more free-flowing than that. people move in and out of groups all the time. but you do get a certain synergy going with members of your own quadra. groups like this would stick together mostly in leisure type settings, in other words, with people chosen as friends.

but there are many other social arenas including work, church, school, hobby stuff etc, where you may or may not find many members of your own quadra, so it's important to find value in the values of the other quadras, because all these value have a certain worth in different kinds of situations.

so, kinda like SM said, i have all kinds of friends, from all the different quadras, so who the hell cares what quadra they are in.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Result of: "how your quadra views other quadras&

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    So, knowing we are inherently set to a different disposition with other people, what are we going to do with this information? Are you just going to try to make relationships based on your quadra? Or....?

you are going to die. live you shall for a number of years more with this utterly useless information, knowing forever in your heart that it is totally and completely inapplicable to life's unforgiving happenstance. then, slowly, solemnly, you shall die. you shall die for ever and ever, without ever having revealed the secret of your knowledge of this remarkable, fascinating, yet unequivocally useless information to those who succeed you only to themselves die one day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

you are going to die. live you shall for a number of years more with this utterly useless information, knowing forever in your heart that it is totally and completely inapplicable to life's unforgiving happenstance. then, slowly, solemnly, you shall die. you shall die for ever and ever, without ever having revealed the secret of your knowledge of this secretly fascinating but unequivocally useless information to those who succeed you only to themselves die one day.
    So... life in general then?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, because information about how other people perceive things is totally, absolutely, unequivocally irrelevant to anything that you might ever do. under absolutely no circumstances whatsoever could that ever have some practical value, for example by getting along with someone else. never.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, because information about how other people perceive things is totally, absolutely, unequivocally irrelevant to anything that you might ever do. under absolutely no circumstances whatsoever could that ever have some practical value, for example by getting along with someone else. never.
    are you kidding niffweed? perception is everything in the real world.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know how others perceive you and how they prefer to be treated has enormous value especially in business relations and all kinds of short term interactions. In long term you are probably not able to adapt your behavior but if you need to keep someone happy / not piss someone off for a short while it does help a lot to know their socionics type.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounded like it was very heavy on the sarcasm to me. Particularly the second thing he wrote.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    That sounded like it was very heavy on the sarcasm to me. Particularly the second thing he wrote.
    sarcasm? me? what an accusation! now my feelings are hurt by this abominable slander. i demand you compose a 45 page letter of apology.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are going to die. live you shall for a number of years more with this utterly useless information, knowing forever in your heart that it is totally and completely inapplicable to life's unforgiving happenstance. then, slowly, solemnly, you shall die. you shall die for ever and ever, without ever having revealed the secret of your knowledge of this remarkable, fascinating, yet unequivocally useless information to those who succeed you only to themselves die one day.
    That's actually quite profound.

Although morbid.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morbidity and carbon are the two staples of life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was Death and Taxes?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    I thought it was Death and Taxes?
    Death = Morbidity, Taxes = the Carbon the paper is made out of.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Taxes = the Carbon the paper is made out of.
    Not quite.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or is life the staple of morbidity?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morbidity is actually the life of staples.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

Although morbid.
    Profound? You have never heard it before?

The very words of niffweed himself are "useless information", by his own definition.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although morbid.

The very words of niffweed himself are "useless information", by his own definition.
    I like to think of him as a random text generator that occasionally spits out something interesting.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to think of him as a random text generator that occasionally spits out something interesting.
    happy to oblige

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why must you take everything i say by its perfectly literal meaning?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why must you take everything i say by its perfectly literal meaning?
    Because I said so.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to ignore the information. It is irrelevant to me.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying