Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 43

Thread: types and aggressivity

  1. #1
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default types and aggressivity

    My experience tells me that types which are more subject to aggressivity are (from most to least) :

    1. ESI
    2. LSE
    3. ILI
    4. EIE
    5. LSI
    6. LIE
    7. EII
    8. SEE

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: types and aggressivity

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    My experience tells me that types which are more subject to aggressivity are (from most to least) :

    1. ESI
    2. LSE
    3. ILI
    4. EIE
    5. LSI
    6. LIE
    7. EII
    8. SEE
    You only have 8 types.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

    "When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: types and aggressivity

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    My experience tells me that types which are more subject to aggressivity are (from most to least) :

    1. ESI
    2. LSE
    3. ILI
    4. EIE
    5. LSI
    6. LIE
    7. EII
    8. SEE
    What?

    SEE at the bottom?
    SLE not even on the list?
    dominants should be on the list, more so than an INFj

    The SE creatives belong there, yes.

    The rest of the types are aggressive according to what they feel they have jurisdiction over -- EII ethics; LII logic, ISFp feelings, pleasure; etc. INFps seem the least aggressive to me. INTps are more cutting with their words at times, though polite at other times. EII are not generally aggressive unless some big ethical line was crossed. ESEs can be aggressive.

    Etc....................
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You forgot IEI and LIE, damn it.

    SEE is definitely misplaced. My SEE friend evinces aggression over the slightest insults more frequently than ESIs, SLEs, or LIEs in my environment. And my image is almost as bad as hers, so maybe:

    1. SEE
    2. SLE
    3. LIE
    4. IEI
    5. ILI
    5. LSI
    6. ESI
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  5. #5
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not talking of assertiveness, but more on anger.

  6. #6
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *cough* ILE's can be pretty aggressive

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anger to your ridiculous notions?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

    "When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

  8. #8
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got angry once. Does that make me an aggressive type?
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  9. #9
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    I got angry once. Does that make me an aggressive type?
    No. But most ILI's seem cold and hostile, especially to non-Gammas.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    I got angry once. Does that make me an aggressive type?
    No. But most ILI's seem cold and hostile, especially to non-Gammas.
    Yes, that's very true. ILIs have two different modes: Observer and Critic. The ILI can come across as very aggressive and hostile as a Critic (even when he is not aware of it). As an Observer he is usually not aggressive at all.

  11. #11
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm willing to bet raisonpure's list is a bit more accurate.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  12. #12
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEIs are aggressive? In what way?

    Trying to draw out dual seeking from their dual?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  13. #13
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Trying to draw out dual seeking from their dual?
    No, it's because I like to prove my strength and acquire superiority over others by establishing a "don't mess with me" identity. It's about having control over others through intimidation. The thirst was particularly strong when I was a child: I would challenge people to arm wrestling and mercilessly take my opponents down, feeling no remorse when I brought them to the ground. I even derived immense satisfaction when they were hurt from it. I felt like a victor, and loved it. Still do. I stopped only after I accidentally scarred my brother's eye by flinging back a belt he threw at me as a matter of reflex -- violence had become too natural for me. These days, the I-don't-care-if-I-get-you-hurt side comes out when I'm playing sports, when someone deliberately does things to piss me off like they're saying "come and get me if you can!", or when someone tries to stop me from getting something that I want badly. Then I start to see them as nothing but preys and charge after parts of their bodies =/

    Though I have seen an ENTj, ENFj, and INFp provoke people to aggression possibly for the reason you suggested, and delight in every moment of the aggressor's revenge.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  14. #14
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Raisonpure is confusing PMS with aggression.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  15. #15
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Raisonpure is confusing PMS with aggression.
    Yeah, right. Like you know what PMS is like, eh
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  16. #16
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Perhaps you're right. I've seen many INFps imagine conflict into existence out of thin air.

    Anyway my list:

    SLE, LSI, ILE, LSI
    LIE, SLI, EIE, SEE
    ILI, LII, ESE
    ESI, IEI, EII
    SEI, EEI
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  17. #17
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Isn't this all a matter of perception?

    INFps can annoy me just as much as ESTps... as I feel their too pushy just in a different way. I tried to give over a project to an INFp and he's been horrible at it. He never does it very well, he's just been daydreamy and he tries to give so many excuses on how he can't get it done. (I know not all INFps are like that, my example is just this is more annoying to me than an ESTps extroverted porn star jock-ness) At least, sometimes. It depends on my mood too.

    So yes anyway when I try to tell the INFp my feelings he just giggles at my anger and tries to comfort me which I feel is like he's being passive aggressive and like he's not really listening to me. And when he does this I get really upset with him, because it's like he didn't do anything to deserve to be so cute. Then he basically just sits there and wants me to use so he can masturbate to it or something but I never do, because it's not a function I particularly value so we both end up feeling hopeless of the situation. He definitely tries to do that 'come and get me' thing so I will go after him with full force, but I never do. I would say 'seek your somewhere else, dude' but he wouldn't know what I meant lol.

  18. #18
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    Isn't this all a matter of perception?

    INFps can annoy me just as much as ESTps... as I feel their too pushy just in a different way. I tried to give over a project to an INFp and he's been horrible at it. He never does it very well, he's just been daydreamy and he tries to give so many excuses on how he can't get it done. (I know not all INFps are like that, my example is just this is more annoying to me than an ESTps extroverted porn star jock-ness) At least, sometimes. It depends on my mood too.

    So yes anyway when I try to tell the INFp my feelings he just giggles at my anger and tries to comfort me which I feel is like he's being passive aggressive and like he's not really listening to me. And when he does this I get really upset with him, because it's like he didn't do anything to deserve to be so cute. Then he basically just sits there and wants me to use so he can masturbate to it or something but I never do, because it's not a function I particularly value so we both end up feeling hopeless of the situation. He definitely tries to do that 'come and get me' thing so I will go after him with full force, but I never do. I would say 'seek your somewhere else, dude' but he wouldn't know what I meant lol.
    ESTP PORN STAR JOCKNESS??? hahahaha that's sooo funny!

    i like reading your posts.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  19. #19
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you.

    I hope my sense of humor never fails you!

  20. #20
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.

  21. #21
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI

  22. #22
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI
    no he doesn't get angry, he gets even :wink:

    he just likes to fight in bars.

    i'm certain he's ISTP.

  23. #23
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI
    no he doesn't get angry, he gets even :wink:

    he just likes to fight in bars.

    i'm certain he's ISTP. probably anti social disorder

  24. #24
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI
    no he doesn't get angry, he gets even :wink:

    he just likes to fight in bars.

    i'm certain he's ISTP. probably anti social disorder
    True SLI's, are actually, very sociable. I know a SLI girl which is very friendly and modest, like all women should be.

    Anti-social disorder is more related to all Gamma types, especially Introtims. I have an ESI case of somebody which used to be very aggressive, pushy, and hostile with everyone he didn't like (i.e. - reasons) ; he still does but he's slowly improving - it used to be worse.

    Why Introtims ? Because they tend to produce less serotonin, and they are more likely to get depressive, and everyone knows that depression leads to anger and reckless behaviour.

    Everyone who is drunk can fight in bars, especially males. As they produce, in average, less serotonin, Introtims are more likely to drink (in contrast to Extrotims, which generally prefer to smoke).

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know what I hate about aggression sometimes. Not the aggression itself but that it's so fucking predictable. Like the other day these two knuckleheads were drunk at a baseball game and they were shouting typical 'male' stuff back and forth to each other. I'm not sure of their type, but they didn't seem to be concerned at all with people's so probably Beta or Gamma. They seemed like stereotypical ESTps when they're at their worst but I don't know. Anyway....back to the story.

    So like I'm sitting there watching them and I think to myself 'they're going to say a homophobic comment about the other person liking it up the ass' and sure enough the guy goes 'yeah you take it up the ass man!' And then I roll my eyes and go 'God, thanks for NOT surprising me.' I think frowns upon heavy for the lack of random-ness. It's precisely 'what you see is what you get' and it makes it boring. Same with Expat's posts, who I highly respect for his pure raw intelligence, though the way he uses mixed with makes me want to run away and drop off a bridge ala Wild E. Coyote. THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS, YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING IT! YOU THINK YOU GET IT BUT YOU REALLY DON'T! THERE CAN BE NO NEW VIEWPOINTS. LET'S NOT GO TO SEVEN ELEVEN. KILL, KILL KILL. (I'm grossly over-exaggerating here for the sake of comedy but that's how I see things.)

    It's just disappointing. Did the boys actually get naked and fuck each other in the ass for my enjoyment? No, they didn't. Stupid fucks!

  26. #26
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I even derived immense satisfaction when they were hurt from it. I felt like a victor, and loved it. Still do.
    Yes but what happens when you lose? Do you really know how to pick all your battles wisely? What happens when a bigger man shoves that dick down your throat. You'd have to respect and take it right or either challenge his dominance but what if he's really stronger than you and you lose? An alpha-male has to deal with that possibility every day.

    Take no offense I just don't believe anybody on a message board that tries to convince me how much of a manly man they are, I have to see it in real life. Sorry that's just how I am. And I don't believe for one second you're that strong, (again sorry) because I'm a naturally subordinate male and if you really were a dominant guy, I would feel intimidated in standing up to you and I clearly don't.

    The guys I rarely question are those that can successfully maneuver social situations and get people to like them no matter how 'hard' they are.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I'm not talking of assertiveness, but more on anger.
    This is rubbish really. You're making it sound as if only those types are more proned to get angry. What nonsense.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  28. #28
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    I even derived immense satisfaction when they were hurt from it. I felt like a victor, and loved it. Still do.
    Yes but what happens when you lose? Do you really know how to pick all your battles wisely? What happens when a bigger man shoves that dick down your throat. You'd have to respect and take it right or either challenge his dominance but what if he's really stronger than you and you lose? An alpha-male has to deal with that possibility every day.

    Take no offense I just don't believe anybody on a message board that tries to convince me how much of a manly man they are, I have to see it in real life. Sorry that's just how I am. And I don't believe for one second you're that strong, (again sorry) because I'm a naturally subordinate male and if you really were a dominant guy, I would feel intimidated in standing up to you and I clearly don't.

    The guys I rarely question are those that can successfully maneuver social situations and get people to like them no matter how 'hard' they are.
    First of all, I am not a man. Secondly, you have misinterpreted my intentions grossly, and can take your questionings and wasted apology elsewhere. Third, I am not saying that I'm strong, but that a need to prove my strength -- or just assert myself for kicks -- results in aggression. And Baby, I am not imagining my past or a lawsuit for violent tendencies out of thin air -- I am not an INFp on crack, nor am I of the belief that reality could be a dream. Plus I didn't have PMS from as early as 4.

    What happens when I lose? I cling onto my pride and show that I will not emotionally submit even in physical defeat, that I have my dignity intact and am still in control. Look down on them condescendingly with all the calmness that I can muster, silently laughing at their victory. Prove that I have not lost in spirit and walk away with a smirk like I'm the victor - physical strength isn't the be all and end all.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  29. #29
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI
    I must not be ISTP then because i have an extremely short fuse and very aggressive.

  30. #30
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI
    I must not be ISTP then because i have an extremely short fuse and very aggressive.
    You could be SLE - SLE's are pretty nice... (I know a cool SLE girl)

  31. #31
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI
    I must not be ISTP then because i have an extremely short fuse and very aggressive.
    I also knew an ISTp who could be quite aggressive at times.
    And, if I remember correctly (which I admit I may not), I believe Kim complained about an ISTp ex who was aggressive.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  32. #32
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i know some agressive guy, he's ISTP.
    Sure he's not LSE ? normally IP types are not likely to get angry, except ILI (Gammas tend to be hostile).

    or could he be ESI or LSI
    I must not be ISTP then because i have an extremely short fuse and very aggressive.
    You could be SLE - SLE's are pretty nice... (I know a cool SLE girl)
    more likely ... your assertion regarding istps and aggression is erred

    not to mention that this forum is quite aware of INFp aggressions
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  33. #33
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How does extroversion have anything to do with how aggressive and tempermental someone is? I'm not understanding that.

  34. #34
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,329
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    How does extroversion have anything to do with how aggressive and tempermental someone is? I'm not understanding that.
    I think he might be taking a "E's are quick to blow" stance as being a sign of anger/aggression.
    Never mind that an I is more likely to be more dangerous when they finally release their anger/aggressions.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  35. #35
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    How does extroversion have anything to do with how aggressive and tempermental someone is? I'm not understanding that.
    I can explain like that :

    EP types become aggressive because it's funny, especially dominant types
    IP types become aggressive because you're rupturing his bubble, especially dominant types
    EJ types become aggressive because you're unefficient, especially dominant types
    IJ types become aggressive because they don't like you, especially dominant types

  36. #36
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmm, i think there are a lot of things I still don't understand when it comes to socionics and properly typing. Who knows what type I am. My aggression/anger comes from having absolutely no patience...for whatever that's worth.

  37. #37
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stooooooooooooooooooooopid thread, forreal. lol

    dominants are also aggressive in an anger sort of way, easily flip out and are not afraid to. This includes ESTp, ESFp, ESFj and ESTj in my book.

    Whatever type I am, I'd say I am relativly unaggressive...which would be a small lie. When I'm angry I have hard time controlling myself, so it depends on who I'm angry with whether or not I'll be aggressive. If it is someone I do not know well, or I feel I shouldn't express my anger because it isn't in my best interest, then I take the "I may seem passive now but I'll get you..." stance. If it's someone closer I just tell them what's-what.

    I am socially aggressive when dealing with an introvert, but I try to get people to come to me...just doesn't work all the time.

    I guess this fits an INFp heh? ENFp too a little...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  38. #38
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    And Baby, I am not imagining my past or a lawsuit for violent tendencies out of thin air -- I am not an INFp on crack, nor am I of the belief that reality could be a dream. Plus I didn't have PMS from as early as 4.
    Dear raisonpure: I was joking. It was a tasteless and dumb joke. The description of aggression in your post was somewhat overwrought and funny, so I don't think it was uncalled for.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  39. #39
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this thread seems bullshit. I think it'd be more poignant to examine what makes the types aggressive more than measurements of aggression output as we have no objective definition of aggression.

    LSE - doesn't like their directives and orders followed improperly. The ESTj woman I worked with yelled at her kids and called them idiots for buying the wrong brand of top ramen. It was reasonable though because she has 10 kids and they have to manage money tightly.

    SLE - Don't like their personal convictions conflicted. Mostly SLE conflict is related to their group activities. When somebody disobeys group order, even in social settings, the ESTp can get unruly. It's strife within the inner circle.
    (in fact, amongst my beta friends the strife was like this--it was yelling and shouting things like, "How could you do this? I thought we were friends, friends don't do this to eachother! how could you fuck me over this way?!?!" There is a very strong in-group thing going on with these Betas although it's not at all related to status, money, or any other common beta perceptions, but is related to their ideals of friendship and co-operation. Also, they DID fuck eachother over a lot. Sometimes they would fight over their friendships if someone took the last piece of pizza.)

    ILE - Can seem aggressive but usually agree with everything you say, always saying, "yeah alright." then seconds later saying something contradictory. I've never witnessed anything physical or anger. They seem calm, and will usually try to find a crafty off-beat way to go around using direct force.

    Those are the few I know. We really need to define and limit aggressiveness. Each individual's perception of aggression is different. My definition was aggression as acts/threats of violence or harsh condescending words meant to guilt/shame/ridicule. The latter is very obvious on the messageboard but is rarely displayed in person in my experience(which is generally reliable!).
    asd

  40. #40
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Trying to draw out dual seeking from their dual?
    No, it's because I like to prove my strength and acquire superiority over others by establishing a "don't mess with me" identity. It's about having control over others through intimidation. The thirst was particularly strong when I was a child: I would challenge people to arm wrestling and mercilessly take my opponents down, feeling no remorse when I brought them to the ground. I even derived immense satisfaction when they were hurt from it. I felt like a victor, and loved it. Still do. I stopped only after I accidentally scarred my brother's eye by flinging back a belt he threw at me as a matter of reflex -- violence had become too natural for me. These days, the I-don't-care-if-I-get-you-hurt side comes out when I'm playing sports, when someone deliberately does things to piss me off like they're saying "come and get me if you can!", or when someone tries to stop me from getting something that I want badly. Then I start to see them as nothing but preys and charge after parts of their bodies =/

    Though I have seen an ENTj, ENFj, and INFp provoke people to aggression possibly for the reason you suggested, and delight in every moment of the aggressor's revenge.
    I definitely do something similar, in establishing a "don't fuck with me" attitude I mean. I think I'm pretty good at it. I can't stand being disrespected socially.
    INFp-Ni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •