Thread: Attention seeking disorder (ASD)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attention seeking disorder (ASD)

I find that a number of people, in particular girls, seek sexual attention from the people of the other sex without intending to ahem do anything.
    Why do the ywaste their (and my) time like that?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Attention seeking disorder (ASD)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I find that a number of people, in particular girls, seek sexual attention from the people of the other sex without intending to ahem do anything.
    Because it makes them feel all fuzzy inside?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That isn't fair. A girl is interested in you and wants to get to know you better. You find her attractive and want to have sex. She just wants to get to know you better to find out if she wants to have sex with you. She decides she doesn't. You consider her to be a tease. No, she just decided she wasn't that into you.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just make it in to non-wasting. Take advantage of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    That isn't fair. A girl is interested in you and wants to get to know you better. You find her attractive and want to have sex. She just wants to get to know you better to find out if she wants to have sex with you. She decides she doesn't. You consider her to be a tease. No, she just decided she wasn't that into you.
    It's extremely hurtful to a man's ego not only to be rejected, but to be treated like a piece of meat.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't doubt it's hurtful to a man's ego when a woman doesn't want to have sex with him, but that's his problem. And she isn't treating him like a piece of meat as much as he's treating her like one. She wants to *get to know him* as a person before she decides whether she wants to have sex with him. He, on the other hand, only needs her to approach him and he's decided.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't doubt it's hurtful to a man's ego when a woman doesn't want to have sex with him, but that's his problem. And she isn't treating him like a piece of meat as much as he's treating her like one. She wants to *get to know him* as a person before she decides whether she wants to have sex with him. He, on the other hand, only needs her to approach him and he's decided.
    That's neither here nor there in this conversation. But, if a woman/girl wants to get to know a bloke then she shouldn't come on strong, and wonder why a man is expecting a little bit more. Be friendly, but don't be in his face.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been married a long time so I'm going off memory here, but as I recall it doesn't take much for a man to think a woman is "coming on strong".
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been married a long time so I'm going off memory here, but as I recall it doesn't take much for a man to think a woman is "coming on strong".
    I have nothing more to say on the issue.

P.S.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Attention seeking disorder (ASD)

I find that guys do this quite often as well. *shrugs*

anyway, it's a self-confidence thing... the attention makes them feel better about themselves.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really?
    EII

I'll tell you what

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the cases that I have in mind they don't want to know you at all, they just simply want to take your attention and your time. I am not sure what they get because I would find it annoying to have people staring at me.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the cases that I have in mind they don't want to know you at all, they just simply want to take your attention and your time. I am not sure what they get because I would find it annoying to have people staring at me.
    You know what the answer is, you just want someone else to say it, don't you?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, once at a party a girl like this came up to me. This girl obviously wanted to fuck me, and she's pretty hot, but I just wasn't in the mood for a one night stand that night, (or most nights) plus I immediately coined her as the type of girl Dio mentioned. So we get talking and she starts bringing up private sexual matters (guys she's fucked, if I'm a virgin, etc) to let me know that she's easy and that we could have casual sex that night if I "played my cards right." Forget her name... anyway, we're talking a couple minutes, things are "going good" and she brings up her new dildo, which was apparently shaped like a dolphin, and would spin somehow if you pressed a button. Anyway, I decided that this would be a good point to end this discussion. Mid-sentence I cut her off, "This is so interesting I think I'm going to go kill myself."

"You're an asshole!" *storms off*

Muahahaha.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    You know what the answer is, you just want someone else to say it, don't you?
    Not really, tell me

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's extremely hurtful to a man's ego not only to be rejected, but to be treated like a piece of meat.
    As is the case with women and guys are a lot more guilty of treating the other as a piece of meat than women are, in my opinion.

I don't think most guys understand that just because a girl is talking and laughing and paying attention to you, doesn't mean they want to jump in the sack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    As is the case with women and guys are a lot more guilty of treating the other as a piece of meat than women are, in my opinion.

I don't think most guys understand that just because a girl is talking and laughing and paying attention to you, doesn't mean they want to jump in the sack.
    I never said it wasn't.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 on all 3 points above...

what kills me are the people who talk to a person one time and then think, I think they like me... and then later on when they find out that they were just "the person that was there at that time to talk to" they harbor bad feelings toward the other person. I've found that many people, myself included at some point in life, whom have low self esteem issues are more prone to think this way. Now i see it and think, "that sux," because I know what's probably going on in their head. :wink:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have in mind cases when girls talked to me, I have in mind what DJ was talking about, people complaining that they are sex addicts to me, or even worse, girls dressed and seated very provocatively who don't even want to f you, but who would like to steal your time for some unknown reason.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you consider "dressed provocatively". Ah..this is a sore subject with me. It's better I not even get started on it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you consider "dressed provocatively". Ah..this is a sore subject with me. It's better I not even get started on it.
    I was trying to figure out how to respond to that too. If she's dressed "provocatively" that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with any one particular person, or it could be about a different particular person, etc. And what counts as "provocative"? What is "provocative" in one setting is the norm in another.

This is getting into "if she doesn't want to be raped she shouldn't dress like that" territory and I hate that kind of thing. I know that isn't what you mean, Dio, but it's the same argument taken to an extreme. "Of course she wanted it - you should have seen how she was dressed!"
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just reasoned like that the other day. You could barely call her dressed really, I saw her being alone. Probably looking for me, eh?

Well what happened was...

Me: Hey there! How are you? (who cares, you dress like that you should come and cuddle with me and shut up)
    She:..... barely looked at me and walked past me.

That broke my heart </3

you really have too thaw such an ice princess with computer hacking skills (or [insert cool skills here]) too impress her. Yeah baby!

Me: hey boob- uh- babe, I just got the newest version of sentry, want to come to my place and try it? *wink* *wink*
    her: OOOH DARKSTAR TAKE ME HERE AND NOW!!
    Me: AYE CARAMBA!

But I really think we guys should come up with a defense with what dio are experiencing. It is our duty as men to help our fellow brother!

Dio, can you elaborate more on the interaction you had with this woman? Perhaps if you took another turn somewhere along the road you could have gotten a happy ending we shouldn't listen to the old mama who haven't been 'round lately about the meat perspective and all. Who cares? If a tree fall in the forest no one hears it. That is.. if what each of you thinks is inside of you and you don't let it out then it has never happened. Be careful of what you say in your sleep though! haha

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

How do you know if you have Attention Seeking Disorder?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar
    we shouldn't listen to the old mama who haven't been 'round lately

Probably not.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to figure out how to respond to that too. If she's dressed "provocatively" that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with any one particular person, or it could be about a different particular person, etc. And what counts as "provocative"? What is "provocative" in one setting is the norm in another.

This is getting into "if she doesn't want to be raped she shouldn't dress like that" territory and I hate that kind of thing. I know that isn't what you mean, Dio, but it's the same argument taken to an extreme. "Of course she wanted it - you should have seen how she was dressed!"
    Oh come on don't exagerate slacker mom. This has nothing to do with rape or whatnot. You are right though that they are not necessarily planning to take my particular time (although sometimes they do plan to take MY particular time). They sort of go around and see whose attention they can catch and exploit it. What I don't understand is what they get from it?

By dressed provocatively I mean their butt crack showing in my face, they opening their skirt covered legs in front of me and starring at me for 10 minutes while their husband is getting them a drink, that sort of thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said I know that isn't what you're talking about, just that it's the same argument taken to an extreme.

If they're opening their skirt on purpose in front of you, maybe they're exhibitionists? But the butt crack thing seems to just be the fashion now. And they can't be staring at you and putting their butt crack in your face so there isn't any real reason to think that's intentional.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do women actually do that? I find it hard to belive but then again some are quite desperate for that attention. Yeah, that's pretty slutty. They just obviously want an ego boost without having to sleep with you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, lots of females do that.

They just obviously want an ego boost without having to sleep with you.
    exactly.
    EII

I'll tell you what

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first I thought I knew what dio was talking about here, but now I wonder where the hell dio spends his time? at a brothel for sure.

What you are describing is not normal! Normal people should be hurt emotionally! They are weak. Leave them. They are contagious. Hurr

Not unless they are really hot though.... in that case enjoy the show or do as I said try to exploit them back and have the happy ending we all want you to have =)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    This topic is depressing, enlightening but depressing. It makes me want to burrow a hole in the ground and live beneath the earth only to come out at night to battle hobos for scraps of food.

THAT'S MY McDONALD'S DUMPSTER!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic is depressing, enlightening but depressing. It makes me want to burrow a hole in the ground and live beneath the earth only to come out at night to battle hobos for scraps of food.
    Not at all, why would you say that darling?

It's that some people waste my time on purpose. I have nothing against flirting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i now have the wizards key. when i think a girl is interested I tend to then think, "nah, there's a perfectly good explanation for all of this."
    asd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sincerely hope that Dio gets laid in the near future.

(And for more reasons than one.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah we'll type his sexual experiences
    asd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The benefit I was thinking of is that he might not post so goddamn much.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    The benefit I was thinking of is that he might not post so goddamn much.
    Hey my posts keep the guests coming and the revenue rolling

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of those "disorders" are coined by psychologist which are... how to say... overly creative. I don't think there is such a thing.

What I see is that a lot of people is completely lost when it comes to the opposite sex. They seem to fall in all kind of absurdities, prejudice and stuff when reality is in fact much simpler. Both genders are much more similar one another than what everyone seems to think.

I have a couple of female friends (ISFp/INTp; true friends, not acquaintances) and I don't really notice a difference in a conversation with them compared to my male friends. It's just a matter to cut off prejudice.

In my experience, women desire relationships/sex as much as men do. Don't believe me? Name a single woman who doesn't have a nice outfit / makeup for a "special occasion". It might be unconscious, but the truth is that we dress for others, not ourselves. And, if they are attentive toward you (beyond mere courtesy), it is rare that they are not interested romantically/sexually toward you. Just like men.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat

THAT'S MY McDONALD'S DUMPSTER!

*ChibiKeba attacks with flailing nerd fists, does 1 point of damage*
    *Hobo attacks with poison mucus breath, ChibiKeba dies of teh AIDS*