Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The seventh function.

This is the Super Id block, right? Anyway, doesn't this function mainly serve to feed information to the first function? An ISFj uses to notice the emotional state of other people so his can behave properly.

Anyway, my question: Does this function cause exhaustion when used "unnaturally"? For instance, when given Fe pushes by anybody, I react with irritation. It's like I am being told to behave in a way that I perceive as being 100% pointless, an utter waste of time. The thing is, I can see and understand the Fe chemistry in a room, I notice how the people get along and can form a pretty deep understanding of them from watching them for a while, ( and ?) but I simply cannot use this function "socially" very well (and I'm not talking about social skills).

Another way of looking at this. I was at an art gallery with a friend of mine. I tend to notice Fi qualities in paintings. I notice the emotions in very subtle things; I notice how background characters tend to look as though they aren't really looking at anything (even when they are) and appear more to be soaking up the essence of their surroundings in their peripheral vision, and many paintings seem to be snapshots of a time (not necessarily what is literally depicted in the painting, but more to do with the artist) whose objects and characters convey meaning in many subtle ways, and I say "that person must be wise, because he's absorbed so much experience and knowledge, and you can tell by his eyes".

What this (noticing the emotional state, which isn't always about people) feeding and being expressed through ? But when the "point" itself is , I don't see the "point"... To me, Fe is a tool to "see" but not an end unto itself. I think an ESFj would see the "sadness" ( ) and think of a remedy ( ) and express it through , but not value the beyond being a tool to repair things via and .

An ENTp would see Te as a fact-gathering tool to help see Ne possibilities and draw Ti conclusions, but not be inclined to "act" on Te alone.

An ENTj uses Ti to check for errors in their facts so their Te can properly be used by Ni to make the right predictions, but may refuse see the use in Ti unless it is there to assist in a materialistic pursuit.

Am I making sense here? The seventh function is basically a passive gathering tool that resists stimulation?

Bleh, this is muddled but I don't feel like editing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, what would be an INFp's super ego ID?

I relate with...

Anyway, my question: Does this function cause exhaustion when used "unnaturally"? For instance, when given Fe pushes by anybody, I react with irritation. It's like I am being told to behave in a way that I perceive as being 100% pointless, an utter waste of time. The thing is, I can see and understand the Fe chemistry in a room, I notice how the people get along and can form a pretty deep understanding of them from watching them for a while, but I simply cannot use this function "socially" very well (and I'm not talking about social skills).
    Except, I have "my moments" when I can use it relativly well, and moments when it just leaves me and I feel....well terrible. It feels like the tanks empty?

It's like I am being told to behave in a way that I perceive as being 100% pointless, an utter waste of time.
    Oh, and here, I am very selective as to who deserves my and when it is time to "whip" it out. Sometimes it is just needed to settle something, or calm downt he surroundings. So I don't normally view it as being 100% pointless, HOWEVER I DO get annoyed when others use it pointlessly.

Can't really answer your question, my bad, I know less about this than you do probably. I would assume that yes, it would exhaust you. Using exhausts me and I'm supposivly a type...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discojoe: if you were to explain how your assists you , I believe I could help.

Function 7 is the id acceptor, btw.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Discojoe: if you were to explain how your assists you , I believe I could help.

Function 7 is the id acceptor, btw.
    So you think I am ENTp?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sneaky thing about typing me as ENTp is that my Ne PoLR doesn't manifest in the area of intellectual topics. I am open an accepting of constant new possibilities in just about any area.

My "bad" Ne comes when someone tries to get me to do something when I have my mind set, and also when there is an impending deadline, or when I know something unexpected may soon happen. Taking a shortcut, combining errands, suddenly having to get up and do something, routines getting changed, all cause anxiety. The worst for me is when I know I have to get up and go to school/work the next day.

I also get stressed when playing scary video games, as I hate the feeling of there being something mysterious "out there" that "wants to get me," and I tend to compensate with anger/aggression to beat them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that one of the key things about the seventh function is you think is bad or wrong in someway, although its actually a reasonably strong function. When you see others with a base function which matches your seventh, you think that somehow part of what they do/behave/think is inappropriate in some way.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    Remember that one of the key things about the seventh function is you think is bad or wrong in someway, although its actually a reasonably strong function. When you see others with a base function which matches your seventh, you think that somehow part of what they do/behave/think is inappropriate in some way.
    Yes but... that doesn't last forever.... Try finding an adult who continues to be at odds with their 7th function, for example. I used to think the devil, now I'm quite comfortable with it. (I thought such because can be used to manipulate , thus creating a structure that serves ends. I became comfortable with that notion when I realized that could use for its own purposes.)

It's important to remember though, that for the 1st function to use the 7th, the 7th must first use the 1st. It's a two-way street.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The seventh function.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    An ENTp would see Te as a fact-gathering tool to help see Ne possibilities and draw Ti conclusions, but not be inclined to "act" on Te alone.
    :Te: is the 8th function by the way in ENTps.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yu might see your functions like this:

Ego block: I am confident in these functions, I am teh master
    SuperEgo: - I dislike these functions, they disrupt the way I work
    SuperId: I like these functions, they help my Ego functions to work better
    Id: I sorta see how these functions work but they seem a bit unnecessary

I think the more you use say Ego block , the more superfluous and unnecessary Id block seems - so, I could see how it could tire someone out - it may not be a complete repulsion as toward your SuperEgo functions - more likely a nagging feeling at the back of your mind 'this is not the right way of doing things' etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, from my understanding the ID is used in a pathological manner, it works backwards. Kind of creates emptiness. You could say it has "opposite polarity". Like for example this song [spoil:06b7173338][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX3S1f_7dI4[/youtube][/spoil:06b7173338] is an excellent example of ID . It's vacuum , it sucks out instead of depositing it. Things like this annoy all of my friends to no end. It completely suffocates their ego. Also it shows the strength of the function, it is on the level of from ego as it can match it and even outdo it. And I guess it could be supporting the ego in that it "clears obstacles" in it's way.

(Also, on a side note, the super ID would also be "sucking things in", but it would be weak and not restraining like the ID so it latching on to strong "output" forces, ones dual and activity partner, would not have a parasitic affect but a symbiotic one because it would boost and not drain like the ID does. Also the ID would completely "drain" all the rotten trash that is produced by the Super EGO of ones dual and activity partner.)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    Yes but... that doesn't last forever.... Try finding an adult who continues to be at odds with their 7th function, for example. I used to think the devil, now I'm quite comfortable with it. (I thought such because can be used to manipulate , thus creating a structure that serves ends. I became comfortable with that notion when I realized that could use for its own purposes.)

It's important to remember though, that for the 1st function to use the 7th, the 7th must first use the 1st. It's a two-way street.
    That is an interesting point about it not lasting forever. I've not seen it written anyware but I can relate. I used to look very badly at , and ESTp's used to get to me, but somehow I can now appreciate better, and I can see how its useful and allows some people to get where they want to go in life. The full-on-ness of the ESTp's still sits a little uncomfortably with me, but I dont think of it as nasty and all bad like I used to, I just think of it as being more direct and confident to what I would do.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more ideologically uniform an environment, the more useful the 7th function is therein.

Use of the 7th function in any kind of consensus environment, where there are obviously differences of opinion, is ill advised. Use the 1st and 2nd functions instead, and demur when you come to the issue of the 7th.

I will say though, that it is better to work in an environment that appreciates your 7th as opposed to an environment that depreciates it. In particular, you're more likely to get reprimanded, treated unfairly, or altogether removed from the discussion when your 7th function is in opposition to the majority opinion. Conversely, you will invariably prosper, be treated well, and generally feel comforted and content when your 7th function is aligned with the majority.

The downside to persisting in an aligned situation is that unsavory types also seek harbor there, and when they feel in control they begin turning the wheels of "love" firmly in their favor, creating a kind of living hell for everybody but them.

I do believe the 7th function is the function of true love, for the record.