Thread: How Deltas perceive Alpha, Beta, and Gamma quadras

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How Deltas perceive Alpha, Beta, and Gamma quadras

Alpha: Deltas tend to see Alpha types as fun company and interesting people to discuss ideas and prospects with, but naive and inconsistent in their personal and business relationships. Alpha types seem to lack the common sense to turn their fun and creative energy into something productive and often seem overly idealistic.

Beta: Deltas tend to see Beta types as people who "dream big" and always want to turn things into grandiose endeavors, yet can't manage day-to-day affairs effectively. Also, Beta types seem unwilling to consider things from the point of view of others, which gives them a streak of meanness and cruelty.

Gamma: Deltas tend to see Gamma types as driven and reliable in personal and business relationships, but not sufficiently understanding of people who want to pursue their own individual path in life. Gamma types sometimes become too demanding and can have a streak of vindictiveness or spitefulness which prevents them from being accepting and forgiving.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with those. Alphas are idealistic, and they can be a bit pushy about it, like they want us to get moving toward their ideals even if we don't share them. They don't understand why we wouldn't share them I imagine because their ideals are so important to them.

Betas can be very fun but I agree that they can be cruel. And controlling. It comes from that "can't consider things from other people's points of view" thing. They have an idea of how things should be done and aren't flexible if you want to do it differently.

Gammas can be controlling too. I guess there is a theme here. All other quadras want to tell me what to do! Gammas can be cruel too but they're quieter about it than Betas - you said "vindictive" and I think that's right. Gammas can make very good friends though. When they aren't being controlling.

This doesn't mean I don't like people of all quadras because I do - I have friends from every quadra and really enjoy their company. But if we step back and look very generally at the quadra values, then that would be it. Everyone is controlling and wants to get me to do things I don't want to do! I'll have to read what other quadras think of us now. They probably think we won't do what they want us to do. LOL
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SM: from my experience with enfp's, i think that the control thing is an enfp thing. you don't want other people to control you.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps not controlling, but imposing some sort of rules the way an ISTj would.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these descriptions are pretty harsh toward gamma, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How Deltas perceive other quadras

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Alpha: Deltas tend to see Alpha types as fun company and interesting people to discuss ideas and prospects with, but naive and inconsistent in their personal and business relationships. Alpha types seem to lack the common sense to turn their fun and creative energy into something productive and often seem overly idealistic.

Beta: Deltas tend to see Beta types as people who "dream big" and always want to turn things into grandiose endeavors, yet can't manage day-to-day affairs effectively. Also, Beta types seem unwilling to consider things from the point of view of others, which gives them a streak of meanness and cruelty.

Gamma: Deltas tend to see Gamma types as driven and reliable in personal and business relationships, but not sufficiently understanding of people who want to pursue their own individual path in life. Gamma types sometimes become too demanding and can have a streak of vindictiveness or spitefulness which prevents them from being accepting and forgiving.
    That sounds fairly accurate.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    All these descriptions are pretty harsh toward gamme, lol.
    Yeah, I wanted to be objective on that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I agree with those. Alphas are idealistic, and they can be a bit pushy about it, like they want us to get moving toward their ideals even if we don't share them. They don't understand why we wouldn't share them I imagine because their ideals are so important to them.

Betas can be very fun but I agree that they can be cruel. And controlling. It comes from that "can't consider things from other people's points of view" thing. They have an idea of how things should be done and aren't flexible if you want to do it differently.

Gammas can be controlling too. I guess there is a theme here. All other quadras want to tell me what to do! Gammas can be cruel too but they're quieter about it than Betas - you said "vindictive" and I think that's right. Gammas can make very good friends though. When they aren't being controlling.

This doesn't mean I don't like people of all quadras because I do - I have friends from every quadra and really enjoy their company. But if we step back and look very generally at the quadra values, then that would be it. Everyone is controlling and wants to get me to do things I don't want to do! I'll have to read what other quadras think of us now. They probably think we won't do what they want us to do. LOL
    "Mr. Pot, I'd like to introduce to you Mr. Kettle."
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is about how deltas see alphas. Go talk about how you see us in Alpha.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Go! Do her bidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    and , a bit of and a bit of but the is probably under-represented.
    I thought that was present in the sense that Deltas see the in Beta and Gamma.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I am not just talking about how Alphas see you; I am talking about how your perception of Alphas as idealistic. I thought I would be kind by addressing this here, but I suppose you would prefer it that I talk about you behind your back? Oh well...
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can perceive Alphas as being idealistic, and I can be idealistic myself. Those two things aren't incapable of happening at the same time. Perhaps Alphas and Deltas have different ideals. But these threads are talking about how one particular group sees the other groups. How those groups in turn see us isn't relevant to how we see them.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can perceive Alphas as being idealistic, and I can be idealistic myself. Those two things aren't incapable of happening at the same time. Perhaps Alphas and Deltas have different ideals. But these threads are talking about how one particular group sees the other groups. How those groups in turn see us isn't relevant to how we see them.
    yeah that's why i started a different thread in alpha about how others see us.

plus it's not really talking behinds someone's back to post in a different thread on the forum, is it? it's not like we're in different rooms or something! hahaha

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong Thread
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma: Gamma types sometimes become too demanding and can have a streak of vindictiveness or spitefulness which prevents them from being accepting and forgiving.
    I can also become vindictive and revengeful in some cases with people that get over my head and then I refuse to forgive and find it hard and unnatural to turn into being accepting again.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Gamma: Gamma types sometimes become too demanding and can have a streak of vindictiveness or spitefulness which prevents them from being accepting and forgiving.
    I can also become vindictive and revengeful in some cases with people that get over my head and then I refuse to forgive and find it hard and unnatural to turn into being accepting again.
    You do realise that ISTp aren't Gamma, right?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    Yes, I realise, thankyouverymuch . I am only commenting how I (as an ISTp) relate to what Expat wrote.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Yes, I realise, thankyouverymuch . I am only commenting how I (as an ISTp) relate to what Expat wrote.
    You seem to be relating an awful lot to ILI... are you sure you've gotten the right type? ;-)
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be relating an awful lot to ILI... are you sure you've gotten the right type? ;-)
    Well, ILI is one of the possibilities I have been considering over my long lasting journey of self-discovery , but until now, SLI is the type that suit me the best overall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALPHA: Interesting and creative, lacking direction and seriousness at the 'right' times in our eyes. Humour seems a bit too silly to me. Very wide emotional wavelength, up and down is more fluent in its changes. Good at introducing new ideas and thoughts.

GAMMA: Very good at business affairs, but too critical of others. Quicker more noticeable changes in emotional wavelength (more or less periods of energy exchange then time apart for recharging one's self). Usually good at seeing POTENTIAL in situations or people. Good at evaluating (criticising) these new ideas and thoughts.

BETA: Potential energy that does not hit the target we perceive as useful in life. Materialistic, very much about OTHERs perceptions. Very volatile emotional wavelength (lots of drama here). Good at implementing new ideas and thoughts.

?????
    DELTA: Not touching this one yet . Preserves certain thoughts and ideas that have been tried and tested????????
    ??

When I say emotional wavelength I mean the moods/feelings of the 4 particular types in that quadra.

just my oppinion right now.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something like this it would look like for me, provided that I type people correctly and that I understand socionics at all -probably not

Alpha:
    Pleasant conversation partners, not too demanding. My boss (ENTP) never tells me what I have to do, only mentions many things I could do. Sometimes I feel like protecting them against reality.

Beta:
    Fun to watch them organize some party or trip. Their presence can be a little invasive though, especially if they try to explain you something, they want you to join something or to follow their norms.

Gamma:
    Very reliable, do good work, some are also very good at complaining...
    ENFP