Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: How Gammas perceive other quadras

  1. #1
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How Gammas perceive other quadras

    Alpha: Gammas tend to perceive Alpha types as creative, generally well-meaning, and friendly and pleasant people, especially as a group, as a first impression. Later, Gammas tend to see Alphas as lacking ambition in the longer term, overly concerned with sensorial pleasure and comfort, and overly demanding of, and sensitive to, external emotional expression without making much effort to focus on deeper feelings involved.

    Beta: Gammas tend to regard Beta types as driven, ambitious people with a sense of purpose and who can get things done, usually with very strong views, as in political issues or ways of approaching work, which Gammas tend to see as being backed by insuficient factual confirmation. Gammas also may regard Betas as two-faced when bent on achieving a goal, and too concerned with their social status, and that of others, within any given social group.

    Delta: Gammas tend to perceive Delta types as kindly, well-meaning and creative people, but perhaps too present-focused and lacking ambition with a longer-term perspective, as well as being overly welcoming and forgiving of people whom Gammas may regard as undeserving.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  2. #2
    six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    DC area, US
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How Gammas perceive other quadras

    This is great. I generally agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Beta: Gammas tend to regard Beta types as driven, ambitious people with a sense of purpose and who can get things done, usually with very strong views, as in political issues or ways of approaching work, which Gammas tend to see as being backed by insuficient factual confirmation. Gammas also may regard Betas as two-faced when bent on achieving a goal, and too concerned with their social status, and that of others, within any given social group.
    YES!

    It's a Ti vs Te conflict IMO.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

  3. #3
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How Gammas perceive other quadras

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Alpha: Gammas tend to perceive Alpha types as creative, generally well-meaning, and friendly and pleasant people, especially as a group, as a first impression. Later, Gammas tend to see Alphas as lacking ambition in the longer term, overly concerned with sensorial pleasure and comfort, and overly demanding of, and sensitive to, external emotional expression without making much effort to focus on deeper feelings involved.

    Beta: Gammas tend to regard Beta types as driven, ambitious people with a sense of purpose and who can get things done, usually with very strong views, as in political issues or ways of approaching work, which Gammas tend to see as being backed by insuficient factual confirmation. Gammas also may regard Betas as two-faced when bent on achieving a goal, and too concerned with their social status, and that of others, within any given social group.

    Delta: Gammas tend to perceive Delta types as kindly, well-meaning and creative people, but perhaps too present-focused and lacking ambition with a longer-term perspective, as well as being overly welcoming and forgiving of people whom Gammas may regard as undeserving.
    This is by far the most functionally balanced description in this series of threads. , , , all have pretty much equal emphasis.
    that's cuz he's a gamma.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Should have mentioned that Gammas sometimes see Alphas and Betas as two-faced and shallow, and Deltas as too stagnant and weak.

  5. #5
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Should have mentioned that Gammas sometimes see Alphas and Betas as two-faced and shallow, and Deltas as too stagnant and weak.
    True, but I wanted to describe in a hopefully balanced way how the quadras see others, not how they bash each other.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Should have mentioned that Gammas sometimes see Alphas and Betas as two-faced and shallow, and Deltas as too stagnant and weak.
    True, but I wanted to describe in a hopefully balanced way how the quadras see others, not how they bash each other.
    That's not bashing, though.

  7. #7
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How Gammas perceive other quadras

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    that's cuz he's a gamma.
    Yeah, it's supposed to tie in with my other comments to his threads.
    i see that.

    i have a working hypothesis about which types/quadras are in the best position to describe or give feedback to which other types/quadras. the answer is the opposing quadra and the quasi-identical or contrary. i noticed that the best filatova description was unquestionably the infp one. filatova is an infj. i also see that the best alpha quadra description comes from gamma quadra individuals.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  8. #8
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How Gammas perceive other quadras

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat

    Delta: as well as being overly welcoming and forgiving of people whom Gammas may regard as undeserving.
    Well put. I find that I have the same issue with Delta.
    INFp-Ni

  9. #9
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: How Gammas perceive other quadras

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Delta: ... as well as being overly welcoming and forgiving of people whom Gammas may regard as undeserving.
    I am definitely not "overly welcoming and forgiving" and I don't think I belong in a quadra that IS, but I do regard certain people as undeserving of the welcome and forgiveness that others give them.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  10. #10
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Again -- the people belonging to those descriptions are not supposed to recognize themselves in them, it's a, yes, biased perception.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  11. #11
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (Personally I relate to the Gamma views of Alpha, in terms of my experience working with people, especially last semester in some situations)

    It is useful to understand the inherent biases each quadra has, so that way you can better communicate with them (or at least try to understand them).
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •