View Poll Results: What type is Jim Carrey?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 33.33%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 8.33%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 8.33%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

3 25.00%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 8.33%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 8.33%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jim Carrey

TIM
    IEI So/Sx
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Compare Jim Carrey to an SLE 7w6 (Sx/Sp), Dane Cook.
    His Fe is less strong and "sophisticated", it has a slightly try-hard quality to it (HA).

NEW DISCORD SERVER
    "This server's purpose is to give us a platform to talk about various typological theories for fun,
    but also to go through our personal evolution by improving our instincts."

Typing [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x] Film [x]

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NF
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1) this assumes you've typed Dane Cook correctly
    2) intensity =/ sophistication. in a certain sense they're equally "sophisticated", with offset intensity, because they're both comedians, highly sophisticated Fe is going to transcend a comedy act, its more like pure philosophy. what makes Carrey "try hard" on Fe is precisely his philosophical turn of late

TIM
    ESE- Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    4d Fe would be being able to convey a thunderbolt in a jar etc, killing with a look that no one but the intended target picks up. the kind of stuff that on the outside looks as bad Fe might be exactly what a highly sophisticated, especially strong intuitive, strong Fe user might use, precisely because often what is most effective is effective precisely because it doesn't kick down the door, etc etc. I also think the reason he's so relatable is because he amps it up but keeps it precisely on an understandable level. no one really gets confused as to what his Fe is doing, its pretty linear, its the context and situations he finds himself in, as well as the timing and general Ne zaniness that really makes him. if you contrast him with Ewan Mcgregor in I love You Phillip Morris, I think this distinction becomes clear. McGregor relies more on Fe to do "more with less" emotionally, whereas Carrey uses a ton of Ne context in pulling off everything he does
    Yeah, this is true ^. A lot of types who are using an exaggerated version of Fe are typed as ESEs. The truth is ESEs know when to tame their Fe down, be quiet, and let the other shine. When called for we can keep our emotions to ourselves or play our SEI mirror is need be. It is that 4D awareness of what is too much emotionally for the crowd to handle. Also I would hope our facial muscles move in subtler more softer ways that are appropriate to the environment and audience.

Mobilizing is like a wild card, Lead is straight flush. Carey's HA to be loved is really obvious. I think the HA to be loved agenda can look like an ESE.
    “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    Yeah, this is true ^. A lot of types who are using an exaggerated version of Fe are typed as ESEs. The truth is ESEs know when to tame their Fe down, be quiet, and let the other shine. When called for we can keep our emotions to ourselves or play our SEI mirror is need be. It is that 4D awareness of what is too much emotionally for the crowd to handle. Also I would hope our facial muscles move in subtler more softer ways that are appropriate to the environment and audience.

Mobilizing is like a wild card, Lead is straight flush. Carey's HA to be loved is really obvious. I think the HA to be loved agenda can look like an ESE.
    What I'd like to know is how you type him ILE? Is he not very much in the here and now, aware of his physical presence? And that of others?

TIM
    ESE- Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    What I'd like to know is how you type him ILE? Is he not very much in the here and now, aware of his physical presence? And that of others?
    Well in most interviews I can see that he is Fe HA. Basically he overdoes Fe to the point where it is not really Fe in the way leads or creatives use Fe. Fe leads and creatives use Fe to create a certain environment, he uses Fe to draw attention to his zany self. Also, he is very clearly Fi Polr and in interviews goes too far in regards to boundaries, appropriateness etc. He doesn't always seem aware of the impact he is making on others during an interview, and sometimes his jokes go too far.

He is the embodiment of many ILE-Ne I know IRL. They come off as curious, adventurous, sweet, zanzy, a little naive, childlike, "up for anything" and always onto something new. Their lack of Si/Se prevents them from being particularly concrete, grounded and their Fi-polr + Ne lead means they might not be particularly interested in developing a lot of close personal relationships, but are generally popular and loved by many due to their Fe HA. I would say Fe HAs are more popular in many cases than Fe leads.

To contrast this to the ESE, ESE loves close relationships, schedules, being concrete and grounded with a little "zany" to pretend they are still "fun" and to cover their HA- to be perfect which is a little uptight. ESEs have a more maternal vibe where they would be concerned with a lot of people in their family and community. ILEs are usually concerned with following their own Ne wherever that leads them. ESEs are literally defined by nostalgia and their past. ESEs care a great deal about preserving their home, and community lives and maintaining them. Ne wants change, invention, revision. This painting video of Carey is just a phase. He is trying it out-its fun for his Ne-Ti for now. He will try something new in a year.

Carey is not concerned with being perfect, he wants Ne new impressions, adventures.
    “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    Well in most interviews I can see that he is Fe HA. Basically he overdoes Fe to the point where it is not really Fe in the way leads or creatives use Fe. Fe leads and creatives use Fe to create a certain environment, he uses Fe to draw attention to his zany self. Also, he is very clearly Fi Polr and in interviews goes too far in regards to boundaries, appropriateness etc. He doesn't always seem aware of the impact he is making on others during an interview, and sometimes his jokes go too far.

He is the embodiment of many ILE-Ne I know IRL. They come off as curious, adventurous, sweet, zanzy, a little naive, childlike, "up for anything" and always onto something new. Their lack of Si/Se prevents them from being particularly concrete, grounded and their Fi-polr + Ne lead means they might not be particularly interested in developing a lot of close personal relationships, but are generally popular and loved by many due to their Fe HA. I would say Fe HAs are more popular in many cases than Fe leads.

To contrast this to the ESE, ESE loves close relationships, schedules, being concrete and grounded with a little "zany" to pretend they are still "fun" and to cover their HA- to be perfect which is a little uptight. ESEs have a more maternal vibe where they would be concerned with a lot of people in their family and community. ILEs are usually concerned with following their own Ne wherever that leads them.

Carey is not concerned with being perfect, he wants Ne new impressions, adventures.
    Yeah I thought you typed him ILE because he's 'zany', but for some reason I didn't want to assume, I've been working on my manners

FTR - incase you didn't know, I type him SLE. Ne base don't worry about being perfect, that's Ne mobilizing.

Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

zanzy, get it right

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj cuz he's passionate and weird and downright spits his feeling out. Who's with me?

TIM
    Ni-ILI
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alththa quadrant

TIM
    Ni-ILI
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ili
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

7w6 3w2 9w1 or um 1w9

731, 713.....................yes
    And as I watch the drops of rain
    Weave their weary paths and die
    I know that I am like the rain
    There but for the grace of you go I

TIM
    Ni-ILI
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been a fan of Jim Carrey for many years. Many people irl say that I look like him, with certain facial expression, lol. We do share a common eastern European heritage, so I can see why. He has very slavic facial features imo.

TIM
    ESE- Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    It never bothered me, though.
    IEI & SEI have a certain level of innate patience that Fi/Fe simply do not possess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234