View Poll Results: What type is Jim Carrey?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

5 19.23%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 3.85%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 7.69%
  • LII (INTj)

1 3.85%
  • SLE (ESTp)

4 15.38%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 3.85%
  • EIE (ENFj)

5 19.23%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 3.85%
  • ILI (INTp)

1 3.85%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 7.69%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 7.69%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jim Carrey

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jim Carrey

ENTp?

quotes:

"I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer."

"Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don't let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory."

"If you aren't in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret."

"It is better to risk starving to death then surrender. If you give up on your dreams, what's left?"

"You know the trouble with real life? There's no danger music."

"My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh."

"You can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love."

"You are ready and able to do beautiful things in this world, and as you walk through those doors today, you will only have two choices: love or fear. Choose love, and don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart."

"I love playing ego and insecurity combined."

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

"I practiced making faces in the mirror and it would drive my mother crazy. She used to scare me by saying that I was going to see the devil if I kept looking in the mirror. That fascinated me even more, of course."

"Energy is what I believe all of us are. We're just conscious awareness dancing for itself for no other reason but to stay amused."

"True religion has, at its core: Love, Peace, Mercy, Justice and Freedom. If any of these elements is not fully present in a religion, the religion has been compromised."

"That’s the trouble with being me. At this point, nobody gives a damn what my problem is. I could literally have a tumor on the side of my head and they’d be like, ‘Yeah, big deal. I’d eat a tumor every morning for the kinda money you’re pulling down.’"

"Maybe other people will try to limit me but I don’t limit myself."

"It’s nice to finally get scripts offered to me that aren’t the ones Tom Hanks wipes his butt with."

"People need motivation to do anything. I don’t think human beings learn anything without desperation."

Last edited by silke; 09-12-2017 at 08:02 PM. Reason: updated links
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj subtype.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah ENTJ IMO too.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is great at impersonating everything really. Can ENTj's handle that?! HUH?!

Really funny guy, those who don't like ace venture should get a life

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OKay I take all that back, he resembles Weird Al a lot. How about his relationship with Jenny McCarthy?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always thought that Jim Carrey is an ENTp, based on V.I., general appearance, etc. So far I have had no reason to change my mind about his type, but ESTp has been a rather popular opinion when his type has been discussed in the past.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2KQWiLkJ00[/youtube]
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2KQWiLkJ00[/youtube]

Ahhh Benjamin!! lolol ENTp
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He moves more like a rational. Other than that, ILE makes sense. Doesn't take anything seriously, uses lots of Ne+Fe (basically the essence of impersonation), silliness all over the place. My other choice would be EIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm annoyed by him. I used to find him funny when he was in "The Mask". However, after watching other shows he had starred in, I find his acting too exaggerated and he seems to be trying too hard to show .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp or ENFj. The second video that UDP posted, that is some pretty wild thinking. I have noticed Ni types like to come up with crazy ideas that defy the laws of physics. Or follow it, with their own weird insight. He reminds me of that main character from the movie The Science Of Sleep. The sound frequency of a note played on the piano will cause a piece of ccotton to float? What the fuck? Some pretty imaginative stuff. He also reminds me of Weird Al, who I think is INFp/ENFj too.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    ENFp...
    ??
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp...
    Any reason why apart from the logic of him being your type?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• He's obviously extroverted.
    • He's too weird to be anything but Ne dominant.
    • ENFp's Fe > ENTp's Fe.
    • ENFj are serious. No way they could do all the things he does.
    • His humor is pretty "harmless", he likes to play dumb. Rarely criticizes others. This is important because it pretty much rules out all logicals and judgers.
    • He likes to give away the impression of an unpractical person. In youtube you can see some videos and notice how he loses a shoe (vanilla ice's video), how he drops a cigar inside a car (Night At The Roxbury), etc. This is a natural behavior of "infantile" to attract "caregiver's" attention.
    • He's overly bodily expressive. It seems to me that only ENFp have such degree of control over their body (specially facial expressions).
    • His overall theatricalness fits perfectly the ENFp's "role playing" nature.
    • Parody, the center of Jim's humor, is something ENFp do naturally. (Sofists of the ancient Greece were probably composed mostly by ENFp).
    • My intuition says so. I see many of his ways in me and other ENFp friends I have.

If this is not enough, just look at this video:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ynk78hiibXE[/youtube]
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is some good obvservations Mikemex but reason why I think he is some kind of ENXj type is because everything he does seems deliberate and follows a coherent line from the past. his humor depends on the way he says it, how he expresses his body and movement of his face. entirely on the surface, which seems to be what Fe does. he wants a reaction out of his Se dual, while Ne wants to react to Si. This is why Si tries to recreate moods for Ne to react to.

and his jokes wouldn't sound funny if you got a serious person to say his jokes. that is an opinion of mine though.

a good example of ENFp type i think is Will Ferrell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw i think he is very practical, he used to live in his car and tried very hard to make it to be a movie star. now that i think about it he could be ENTj

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IDB1U4taaHA he is very sarcastic, something which ENFjs are good at

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• ENFp's Fe > ENTp's Fe.
    • His humor is pretty "harmless", he likes to play dumb. Rarely criticizes others. This is important because it pretty much rules out all logicals and judgers.
    • He likes to give away the impression of an unpractical person. In youtube you can see some videos and notice how he loses a shoe (vanilla ice's video), how he drops a cigar inside a car (Night At The Roxbury), etc. This is a natural behavior of "infantile" to attract "caregiver's" attention.
    • He's overly bodily expressive. It seems to me that only ENFp have such degree of control over their body (specially facial expressions).
    • Parody, the center of Jim's humor, is something ENFp do naturally. (Sofists of the ancient Greece were probably composed mostly by ENFp).
    • My intuition says so. I see many of his ways in me and other ENFp friends I have.
    Agree with the first.
    Second is bullshit.
    Third needs qualification.
    Fourth: Bullshit. EIEs are Merry types, and IEEs are Serious, so you're either full of shit or are going to have to be more clear about what you mean by this.
    Fifth: Bullshit.
    Sixth: Irrelevant.
    Seventh: COMPLETE bullshit.
    Eighth: Completely unqualified, and inconsistent with basically every common representation of IEEs, and ignorant of the fact that Fe types usually "role-play" more than Fi types
    Ninth: Not really a reason.
    Tenth: Who gives a fuck?

Conclusion: Nothing, except that you know nothing.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get an ENFp vibe off him. I always thought he was ENTp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    • ENFp's Fe > ENTp's Fe.
    Agree with the first.
    Second is bullshit.
    Third needs qualification.
    Fourth: Bullshit. EIEs are Merry types, and IEEs are Serious, so you're either full of shit or are going to have to be more clear about what you mean by this.
    Fifth: Bullshit.
    Sixth: Irrelevant.
    Eighth: Completely unqualified, and inconsistent with basically every common representation of IEEs, and ignorant of the fact that Fe types usually "role-play" more than Fi types
    Ninth: Not really a reason.
    Tenth: Who gives a fuck?

Conclusion: Nothing, except that you know nothing.
    First: Agree
    Second: I think he's Ne dominant, but not based on the fact that he's weird.
    Third: If anything I see ILE Fe > IEE Fe. Seems like a preconscious function which he draws up rather than an unconscious one. It also seems like Fe is his hidden agenda.
    Fourth: I can't rule out ENFj for the reason that he is merry. ENFj's can be perfectly ok with being merry in public, I just find that most of them have times of at least pseudo aggression to bring aggressors out of their shells, but this can be completely in private.
    Fifth: Playing dumb is one of the most ENTp things one can do.... just watch the Daily Show once. This is not to say that other types don't do this too, I just find it in emmence amounts in ENTps. In my experience, and this might just be in the subset of ENFps I know, but I find them to be one of the most gullible of the types at least in respect to when I play dumb. As for being harmless I think that ENTp humor is usually pretty harmless, at least mine is. Can't stand when people make jokes about others in a derrogatory and serious way. I.E. Look at Dave Chappelle who gave up 50 Million dollars because he heard a man laughing at one of his jokes like he was laughing at someone rather than with them. That and the fact that he didn't like how much freedom was being taken away from him and how much he was being controlled.
    Sixth: Could be true, haven't seen the specifics though.
    Seventh, Eigth, Ninth, Tenth: None of these seem very reasonable.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just this to prove you're an idiot.

Although the brain has several regions, the three most important are: the reptilian brain, the mammal brain and the cortex/neocortex. Both reptilian and mammalian brain perform diffuse logic while the cortex performs exacting logic. Things which look as simple as keeping balance are very difficult to perform using exacting logic. So robot engineers found long time ago that diffuse logic is much more appropriate for such kinds of tasks.

Most nerds, which one could name as "cortex driven" are incredibly clumsy for this reason. So the more graceful and skilled a person is about using his/her body, the more proof that this person is limbic-driven.

Finally:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.braintypes.com/questionsandanswers.htm
    ENFPs are arguably the most acrobatic of all Brain Types; they’re the natural gymnasts. They coordinate gross and fine motor movements better than any...
    It's true for me. I can move more parts of my body, and with more grace, than what you can. So suck my dick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's definitely ENTJ. I have an ENTJ friend and he acts exactly like Jim.
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just this to prove you're an idiot.

Although the brain has several regions, the three most important are: the reptilian brain, the mammal brain and the cortex/neocortex. Both reptilian and mammalian brain perform diffuse logic while the cortex performs exacting logic. Things which look as simple as keeping balance are very difficult to perform using exacting logic. So robot engineers found long time ago that diffuse logic is much more appropriate for such kinds of tasks.

Most nerds, which one could name as "cortex driven" are incredibly clumsy for this reason. So the more graceful and skilled a person is about using his/her body, the more proof that this person is limbic-driven.

Finally:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.braintypes.com/questionsandanswers.htm
    ENFPs are arguably the most acrobatic of all Brain Types; they’re the natural gymnasts. They coordinate gross and fine motor movements better than any...
    It's true for me. I can move more parts of my body, and with more grace, than what you can. So suck my dick.
    Ok, you're using BrainTypes, which has fuck all to do with Socionics, proving that you're first and foremost a retard.

Secondly, you prove that you are additionally an idiot by trying to claim that there is anything proving a connection between brain chemistry and Socionics types.

So go back to your hole.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashish
    He's definitely ENTJ. I have an ENTJ friend and he acts exactly like Jim.
    Yes, but if I were to say that I have an ENFj friend and that he acts exactly like Jim too, does that prove anything? Mikemex has already asserted that Jim must be an ENFp, since Jim Carrey acts like him. So this sort of "I know someone who does" evidence is simply not going to work unless you show the functional evidence which exists in Jim Carrey's behavior.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENxp. DONE. No ENTj >
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAH OMG Gilligan putting Mikemex in his place is hilarious.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    HAHAHAH OMG Gilligan putting Mikemex in his place is hilarious.

They're both full of shit.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I know this might seem random, but can you remember the film Dumb and Dumber, where Jim Carrey's character is using someone's bathroom, only to be told that the toilet was broken and 'oh, you're not using it are you?' 'er...no...' , and then he starts trying to fish brown logs out of the toilet and so on...

Might that be indicative of type? That scene made me feel queasy, but I think that would prolly be true for anyone - would someone with a PoLR joke about things in such a way, or try and avoid it completely? < How would you tell how someone is reacting, when they are an integral part of the humour? What about types, like ENTp, that seek ? How would they react?

(I don't have much of an opinion on his type, just passing through , but I did think he was ENTp or ENTp before, partly due to previous thread...the suggestion of ENFj is interesting, but I'm not so sure).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was not Jim Carrey's character, but Jeff Daniels.
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

was it, oh well (oops).

Jim Carrey is known for doing those kind of jokes, though, involving bodily functions + fluids - I think ENTps + ENTjs both do, but I can't think how exactly they differ.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jim Carrey

I just watched Ace Ventura: Pet Detective again...its still funny as fuck.

I generally really enjoy his movies.

He's been typed Se-SLE (ashtonites) and Fe-ESE (vague others)

Whats your opinion?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an ESTp writing teacher who reminds me a shitton of him.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon he's the epitome of dominant and totally irrational, free, spontaneous.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what ways?
    He seems different than others SLE's, he seems very intelligent without being arrogant (generally how Te types seem to me) and hilarious as well.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has to be . Where does he value ? he's like all with the exacts. So if he we're some rational, then it would be ENFj. But he seems more like how types are, except he's totally crazy and hilarious. s are way less entertaining in that regard, and more serious. s are a lot more rational in their methods of affecting people's emotions. Carrey's all about the shock value, living spontaneously in his sensory environment, and mostly what stands out as is seeing and taking things directly as they come.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Natural Physical Impulsivity= then? Sucks that has such a bad connotation and makes them sound like violent criminals if its just they rely on impulse.
    Whats the case for Se over Ne/ILE?

Jenny McCarthy(his ex)...also SLE?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well any human being even an dominant has enough control over what they do, they have a conscience. Any type would be in trouble if they didn't.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIEIO

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that EIE or gibberish

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I just randomly hit a set of keys on capslock that coincides with a socionics type and a kid's song

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast